Four players were selected:

Sasha Lilias
MRAlyon
Rumi
Chewett

[log=Details of the quest]

Quest Name: Quality of MagicDuel’s New Players

Quest instructions:

You will observe the activities of new players during seven days (one week). You will create a report which includes the following.

· What they do?

· Do they keep coming after many days?

· Do they become popular after a four days period?

· Where they came from? (you can ask them feel free to chat with them)

· Do they openly interact with other players?

· What they express about the game? (Example: awesome, boring, etc.)

· Others. This means that you can build your own questions. Surprise me.

I want your personal opinion of those players.

Reward: One Aniversary Edition Aramor

Notes: Please make a detailed report of your findings.

[/log]

Even when some of the chosen players didn't fully complete the requirements, I learn other things from their reports.
That's why for this time ALL will be rewarded.

~BFH

BTW: I'll open other quests soon.

BFH, why did you make this a closed group quest?

Now it appears a bit strange that you choose the participants on your own based on undisclosed criteria and all get a (quite big) reward. I would expect that others could have provided valuable input as well.

(No allegation, but I don't understand why you did this 'quest'.)

Mighty Pirate

• Root Admin

From my point of view, and from what i learnt from BFH, the whole point of the quest was to try and get some insight into how the newer players came to magicduel and what they did during their first most critical week, That this would help him in his job as an advertiser.

As to it being closed group, if you let everyone do it, then the trickle of noobs that come into MD would be indundated with questions from everyone, which i dont nesscarily think it would be a good thing. Even with just the 4 of us i was very careful to try and make sure no one else had talked to them, since i believed everyone would be doing similar.

As to why he picked people without showing others a criteria, Its funny how mur does this ALL the time, yet no one bothers to complain about his method. In his initial post he did mention you needed to be old and have patience, So i guess those might have been some of his points to look at.

Edited by Chewett

[quote name='Mighty Pirate' timestamp='1304926384' post='84233']
BFH, why did you make this a closed group quest?

Now it appears a bit strange that you choose the participants on your own based on undisclosed criteria and all get a (quite big) reward. I would expect that others could have provided valuable input as well.

(No allegation, but I don't understand why you did this 'quest'.)

Mighty Pirate
[/quote]

[font="Arial"][size="2"]Take this as a courtesy because I don't need to explain. I have instructions and I follow them.

I have many reasons to do the quest, some I can't divulge and others which I can.

Take it as this:

If I want to advertise I need to know where to do so. I won't waste my time doing useless advertising. Why it needed to be secret. I didn't want any influence of other players and I didn't want players to do what you are doing now. Why limited players, it could be hardly annoying for new visitors to be interviewed by the big amount of people who applied to the quest.

I used the given criteria to choose people, it's obvious. (and believe me nothing personal in the selection, almost all who applied are my friends and I believe you all know I'm fair in my decisions)

That was the purpose of telling the following:

[log=original post]
[b]Only players with the following characteristics might apply:[/b]

[/size][/font] [list][*][font="Arial"][size="2"]100 or more active days[/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"]Lots of patience.[/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"]Organized.[/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"]With knowledge about MagicDuel.[/size][/font][/list] [font="Arial"][size="2"]
I'll make an exhaustive selection and I'll choose the best candidates.

[b]Applicants:[/b]

Please post your player names, active days, and why I should chose you?
[/size][/font] [font="Arial"]
[/log][/font]

Again, I won't always explain my quests because I don't have to do so. I'm doing it this time to stop any incorrect thoughts.

~BFH

If it were WPs as rewards for example, this could be characterized as WP trading and such (heavy abusing).

But the rewards are anniversary aramours so, we have few conclusions:

1) either they are BFH's aramours, and by that, he is free to gift them to whomever he wants, and is free to make close friends compete for them, nothing controversial

2) they aren't BFH's aramours but official ones, therefore Mur's rewards - we all know that Mur made a lot of 'subjective' gifts over time so something like this wouldn't be anything radical, and besides, even when he is wrong, you can't do anything about it so resistance is futile :D (to treat this as unfair, you would have to treat every gift by Mur as an unfair act. He got me into this trap once by gifting me a Windy for Christmas, now my guilt cannot make me to question his gift-acts :P unless of course I dispose that Windy, which I wouldn't like to do just yet :D) and by being official prizes, it of course means that it was made with Mur's instructions or just approval.

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

I for one am glad I wasn't chosen for this quest; not my preference.
I personally don't consider this a quest so much as a task. I don't mean that in a negative sense; just calling apples apples and pears pears. Both tasks and quests can merit a reward. Both can be enjoyed, both can be failed or succeeded at... so the difference might be neglible. However I do think that considering this a job with an apt payment, might make more sense to those questioning the 'rules' of it.