Archive Project

As some of you may know, the Magic Duel Archives is a huge project requiring a lot of research an many subjects.

The subject matter is varied, but will in some way relate to the game.

If anyone would like to help with this project, please contact me either here or in-game. So far there are a few people who expressed interest in the project.

Right now if you are serious about wanting to assist, I ask that you do research on certain topics - these can be anything from Biology, to Thermal Dynamics. You are not limited to just things found within the game at this time.

If you are going to research any topics, I advise to only research those topics you have an interest in.

For Instance, I am having a blast researching what I am currently working on. If you don't enjoy the subject, get info on one you do enjoy.

Those that have expressed interest so far are:

Shadowice

Omegaweapon

Shoeps

Azure

Ugauga

Aquilus

Again, if interested, please contact me and I will give you further information. Thank you

there ya go Uga :)

One thing more for those helping with the project:

Whatever subject(s) you are currently researching, or plan to research, Please let me know. I'll shoot the subject up to Mur and see if it is something that can be used. I would hate for anyone to do all that work only to find that the material won't be used in the archive.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

OK folks, I know many of you are very busy with your daily lives, and I understand that. If this is the case for you and you know you will not be able to do a lot in the way of research, or your current situations make it near impossible for you to add to the archives - I ask that you please let me know.

I don't need details and I am not asking for info in your personal lives, I just need to know if you will actually be able to do the research. If not, that's fine.

I would like to thank those that have so far added their info to the pot.

some of the subjects sent to me so far are:

Alchemy

Medieval weapons

Elements

Souls (currently a work in progress - keep it up :P )

If things change and you find you cannot do the research, please let me know via PM if you feel uncomfortable posting here.

Again, thank you for your hard work.

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking for any posts relating to the new Archive section that opened up and found this one.

Just wanna say, this new area is HUGE and complicated and I SOOO look forward to figuring it out and working it out. I am so excited and I cant even say. :lol: I play a lot of games and read a lot of forums but its not too often that I post so something really either has to get my goat (I was going to yell about the change from NPC's having a win/lose count to being changed that they dont count but I decided not to argue about it) or something really has to inspire me and this is one of those things.

Now, about what this thread involves, I would LOVE to research a topic. If you would allow me to do so I'd like to do a topic about either spirites (ghosts, polterguists, etc) or space, astronomy, something to that like. Let me know and if so, send me more info like you said so I know what youre looking for, want, and need for this project to grow. Thanks!

-TheBlueSpirit

• 2 months later...
OK folks, I know many of you are very busy with your daily lives, and I understand that. If this is the case for you and you know you will not be able to do a lot in the way of research, or your current situations make it near impossible for you to add to the archives - I ask that you please let me know.

I don't need details and I am not asking for info in your personal lives, I just need to know if you will actually be able to do the research. If not, that's fine.

I would like to thank those that have so far added their info to the pot.

some of the subjects sent to me so far are:

Alchemy

Medieval weapons

Elements

Souls (currently a work in progress - keep it up :angry: )

If things change and you find you cannot do the research, please let me know via PM if you feel uncomfortable posting here.

Again, thank you for your hard work.

what do you mean by souls like angels and demons or spirits

Hi,

I'm working on the Medieval project.

The things that are still not done yet are:

Light Armor

Heavy Armor

Spears

Pole Arms

Axes

Maces

Bows

Longbows

Crossbow

War Horses

shields

Maybe Siege Weapons.

Others that could be done:

Ancient inventions, not a small one... :P )

Contraptions

papyrus

reed stylus (used in Mesopotamia to write on baked clay tablets)

protective amulets

Mathmatics

Writing

Things like that.

Hoped it helps with your choices, but if you come up with another idea that is in the MD thoughts...

O and please No copy & paste though. We can't have plagiarism. Also, please site sources, and include any and all web pages you got information from.

Greetz, Shoeps.

Hi

I can provide information on martial arts (special karate and other japanese and chinese), mountaineering and climbing, mythology related to mountains, war and fighting theory (art of war, clausewitz, saint exupery, hinge, WW1), electric engineering, computer engineering, modelling, artificial intelligence, chaos theory, quantum physics, relativity theory, elemental particle physics, science theory, evolution, some fields of mathematics since its a huge field, pratchett and the discworld, philosophy - here i would have to reread some books

i would read into

greek, egyps, mayan/inka mythology

just tell me if you need something related to those

lg

Gilead

Ok, perfect. I will chose one and do a draft. After that I will send it to you for a feedback. If it's ok I will go on.

OK.

Just tell me what you want to do then i at your name behind the subject so that everyone can see who is working on what.

Greetz, Shoeps.

Hi

I can provide information on martial arts (special karate and other japanese and chinese), mountaineering and climbing, mythology related to mountains, war and fighting theory (art of war, clausewitz, saint exupery, hinge, WW1), electric engineering, computer engineering, modelling, artificial intelligence, chaos theory, quantum physics, relativity theory, elemental particle physics, science theory, evolution, some fields of mathematics since its a huge field, pratchett and the discworld, philosophy - here i would have to reread some books

i would read into

lg

Gilead

Check PM.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

i would read into

lg

Gilead

Whoa!

Man... you surely do have your wits with ya :D