A new way to buy credits...

MoM

basically, I've wanted to be a subscriber (or just pay in any way) for some time, but :
I'm too young to have a credit card
The 'pay by phone' isn't supported in my country and offers too little credits for me to consider it

now, after a while, I bumped into a site that offered the kind of payment that suits me : pay by sms...
basically it works like this : you make a main account, you transfer money to your main account via sms, from you main, you transfer money to other sites...

the site is called mopay : [url="http://mopay-inc.com/"]http://mopay-inc.com/[/url]
Mur said he'd accept any form of payment... I want to pay that way... is it possible?

• Root Admin

I contacted them to ask for an offer. Based on that i will decide if i can work with them or not.
The problem with phone payments is that they ask a HUGE percentage, for example from the phone payments that are implemented now on the site I pay about 80% to them. I keep them more so people can use that method too, not because of the income that is ridiculously low.

@Fyrd, I'm 16... I don't really have a bank account, so I can't pay via checks OR credit cards OR...
I do have a phone however, and it's extremely simple to pay through that, so, as Chewett said,
[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1313067887' post='90007']
so paying for such games was indeed done via the phone.
[/quote]

• Root Admin

sadly i cant work with them,
they ask a big initial setup fee and a monthly maintenance fee that i am sure it wont be covered. We dont have that may payments per month by phone to cover the monthly cost. So i i can't pay a few hundred euro on this , sorry.

Paybycash system covers a lot of countries what country are you in that you cant use that one? There is always WU option.

WU seems tough for me... I don't think my parents would encourage paying for a game (I am planning on spending all my phone credit surplus which is about 20$ per month, but I can't spend them every month, so I'll probably have to save and spend when it's a large amount, and they wouldn't want that =P)
by the way, are there some systems (like Paypal for example) that would let you transfer funds from your phone? If so then I think there wouldn't be troubles...

or basically I can just nag my parents for a credit card =P I guess it'll work out eventually...

Edited by MoM

• 1 month later...

okay, so here's another site I found : [url="http://text2pay.com/"]http://text2pay.com[/url] hope this one can work out =S from what I've read, they don't charge a monthly fee, but rather 10% take from what you take originally, not sure I read thoroughly though...

side note : in case Mur doesn't see that, any suggestions on what I should do? or would the Master advertiser (Mr. Move-Lock me when moving BFH) look it up?

MoM, Western Union seems difficult at first, but if you just try it you'll find that it's quite easy and pretty interesting. People will give you funny looks and think you're cool for sending a random sum of money to Romania. :)

Are there any places that sell gift cards where you're from? I know there are several online video game cards that cover a wide spread and PBC works with. There's one called the ultimate gaming card that wal-mart and gas stations sell.

Like I said, I don't know where you're from, but those are two options that are more or less global.

Edited by ChildOfTheSoul

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't read the "surplus phone credit" comment a couple of posts back. Sorry, I guess you're out of luck if none of the current phone options work. Oh well, save up some money and then pay. :P and if it's your money, there's no moral or ethical obligation to tell your parents per se.... :)

Edited by ChildOfTheSoul

If you have the money as cash, then you could just gather a little and ask any of your friends to actually send the payment through their credit card with your money, it shouldn't be that hard and you won't need one. It's a small favor, i believe anyone could do.

[quote name='ColdSteel566' timestamp='1317257991' post='92778']
Maybe there is a way to get that phone money in cash back?
[/quote]
sadly no, I could use a different method (recharging my phone with less credits than I usually do) but my parents won't give me whatever change is left, so then I won't have some physical money, nor will I still have my credits surplus :P though I keep searching for 'pay-by-phone' methods, I found this, and if what Mur said at first :
[quote name='Muratus del Mur' timestamp='1312838596' post='89853']
I keep them more so people can use that method too, not because of the income that is ridiculously low.
[/quote]
still stands true, then maybe this could be implemented (cz they only take a percentage, and from what I've read, only 10%)

NOTE : I am not by any way saying that Mur wasn't saying the truth or anything like that before, and I mean no offense to anyone who understood it like that.