Purpose of GG pass papers

Blood Prince

• Root Admin

yeah the pass papers need to be either removed or changed. An immediate change would be to make them teleport from in front the gate to inside gg

making them ignore land viscosity its beyond the functionality of an item and i will probably not do it for now.

i am open to other suggestions too

I agree with shadowseeker.

Also I would like if the AP requirement is taken away. I think I'm saying the same what shadow says in a different way. Also if changing the AP is not possible I think it should give access to other areas of Golemus like the cannon etc... where people are not allowed to go usually or restricted (not talking about the drachorn layer).

[quote name='awiiya' timestamp='1313649294' post='90361']I think the papers should take a person to the Kelle'tha Cannon interior.

this is a defo no no. That is a land secret location (well not so secret). That is a location that only a few should have access to

Awi[/quote][quote name='Shadowseeker' timestamp='1313649874' post='90363']Which invalidates the gg_deep spell that is there.

I think the papers should teleport one into the Gates, and give a huge AP bonus if one is Golemian- so there is enough to move for a while.[/quote]

Well. the TP to a location is a good idea. The Ap bonus i dont know. Would need to see it work first to see if it is within the items use.
it is after all a pass paper. the paper name would need to be changed in this case.

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]I'm not convinced giving extra access would be appropriate for a pass paper. Making the paper teleport just to the other side of the gate or where it originally put the player seems like the right thing to do.[/font][/color]

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]The simplest change without removing them would be the quickest to get done. I don't know enough about programming to know what is the easiest solution. Teleportation could be a simple copy/paste of coding with subtle changes to make it work.[/font][/color]

• 2 months later...

I'm going to bump this.

I recently talked to Mur about the fate of the Necrovion and Golemus Pass Papers, stating that it was rather silly to have Pass Papers that don't do anything, especially when Loreroot's still serve a purpose. I had forgotten that this topic existed at the time, but this seems the right place to place this.

[quote]Muratus del Mur: aha i get what you mean about the papers...hmm...yes , ok, i'll make the teleport papers sort of, that should fix them[/quote]

If the Necro/GG Papers are changed to serve that function, I think the Loreroot Pass Papers should as well. They may still work right now, but all three items should do the same thing I think.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Brulant' timestamp='1321237454' post='95761']
I'm going to bump this.

I recently talked to Mur about the fate of the Necrovion and Golemus Pass Papers, stating that it was rather silly to have Pass Papers that don't do anything, especially when Loreroot's still serve a purpose. I had forgotten that this topic existed at the time, but this seems the right place to place this.

If the Necro/GG Papers are changed to serve that function, I think the Loreroot Pass Papers should as well. They may still work right now, but all three items should do the same thing I think.
[/quote]

Not to mention that fact that MB should get some pass papers. When they were initially intended to open locations MB never got any, if they are being changed to teleport MB should get some otherwise mur breaks his own rule of "treating all lands fairly"

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1321258989' post='95780']

Not to mention that fact that MB should get some pass papers. When they were initially intended to open locations MB never got any, if they are being changed to teleport MB should get some otherwise mur breaks his own rule of "treating all lands fairly"
[/quote]

Oh come on Chewe MB is already accessible enough :P:P