WTT Roleplay

Phantom Orchid

[center][center][size=5][b]WTT Roleplay[/b][/size]

[i]Looking for players who will[/i][/center][/center]
[list]
[*]treat each other with respect, even if their characters' interactions are far from congenial
[*]use roleplay language in a way that doesn't control another person's character without permission
[*]give their character depth with history
[*]focus on being original, while keeping their character's actions plausible
[*]keep their character consistent, yet not static, and also allow space for change/growth/decay/renewal
[*]stay in-character unless properly using ()
[*]treat others as they wish to be treated
[/list]
[i]... and most importantly ...[/i][list]
[*]have fun!
[/list]

Edited by Phantom Orchid

I'm reminded of my favorite Rocky Horror quote here, for some reason:

Don't Dream it, Be it!

Anyway, I'm happy to trade, try, or tease whenever you find me in the realms, playing my slowly self-defining Role.
It's out there, just waiting for folks to speak up or use stars around it.
As we will, So Emote it Be. /|\

I would gladly participate in this endeavor, though it's not very clear what you would do when you find people that actually RP. Anyway, it seems plausible and aknowledging what you have already achieved in the realm we should, in my humble opinion, have high expectations.

E.A.

[quote name='Elthen Airis' timestamp='1314709293' post='91057']
I would gladly participate in this endeavor, though it's not very clear what you would do when you find people that actually RP.
[/quote]
To me this is a question of common sense. I am always in-character unless the conversation involves out-of-game matters, which generally don't interest me. If politeness is a question, I will speak (in parentheses). Usually I will move away from regions where lots of RL-type stuff is being discussed. I play roleplaying games because I like to roleplay - I can talk about mundane stuff in lots of other places.

After a while, you get a sense of who roleplays seriously and who does not. I sometimes have fun pretending not to understand characters who reference such things as MP3 players; but on the flip side, I have been known to ridicule people who completely ignore the 'reality' of the MD setting, be it by casting spells with asterisks, dictating changes to the scene displayed, etc. MagicDuel is a rich setting in many ways, and I don't have much patience for people who won't engage it. Lots of people don't know Grasans come from Loreroot, but they're willing to be cybernetic half-vampire chaos wizards who can fly. With the introduction of more and more items in MD, there is less and less excuse for roleplaying stuff that isn't reflected in the game - you can get drunk now, poisoned, and even lynched (if you're a fugitive).

And I echo Poe - whatever else, have fun.