The Traveling Ghost

phantasm

In the spirit of Halloween I have started a quest. Little to most knowledge the quest has already started!!!

Some strange thing has happened. Our dear friends are turning into ghosts!! One moment they are themselves enjoying the day and POOF, GHOST!!! The quest will be to keep track of ALL those who have been turned ghost specifically by Phantasm's cloak. Already there have been 4 people who have been ghosted by this new mystery. You must first find those, and also keep track of any future 'ghost stories'. Hints are to be let out in this topic as time progresses.

If there are more then one person who have correctly kept track of all those who have been ghosted, the person with them in the correct order shall break a tie. If there is more then one person who has correctly listed all people who were ghosted by Phantasm's cloak, there will be a SUDDEN DEATH!!!

The final day of ghosting will be Halloween night. So everyone will have to wait until then to make their final decision. ALSO as an added fete, you must also find me, and PM me with the information for the quest as well as the location I will be idle at.

Only one winner, and they shall be richly rewarded in many facets of rich!!!

Update number 1:
Every so often there will be updates, hints, and information. I fully well expect there to be anywhere from 30-50 ghosts. Don't freak out, this quest is supposed to be hard. I don't expect anyone to get all the ghosts, due to time zone differences and r/l. The point is to keep track of as many as you can. If only 10 were ghosted it would be too easy to find them all.

There are a few hints however. Our dear friend Shadowseeker was kind, or dumb:P enough, to tell me that he figured out a few ways to deduce who was ghosted. SO I WANT EVERYONE TO BUG HIM FOR HELP/INFORMATION!!!! YAY THANKS SS FOR BEING SUCH A PAL *insert evil laugh here*
I doubt he will freely discuss any information he has, especially since he wants to win this himself. So I would advise bribing him, or annoying him until his head explodes. Both are fine with me.........mmmmuuuuhhhhhaaaaa

keep the list of who you have as ghosts private. Its a contest to see who can get the most correct answers. The contest submissions can not even be done until Halloween day. Until then try and gather as many names of ghosted people as you can. It is up to the person ghosted if they want to let you know they were or not.

Update number 2!!

SPOILER TIME!!! So many know this by now, but some do not. The ghosts leave a specific trail on the trigger screen. the trail the trigger leaves behind are marked with certain ID numbers. those numbers sure are not mine. So if you figure out who's ID number is next to the trigger, you got a ghost!

• 2 weeks later...

Update number 3!!!

Today is the 25th. The days are winding down to an end, and the ghosts keep on appearing. When the time comes I will idle somewhere, fairly easily accessible. All submissions should be in pm form in game to me on the 31st. You may send in the submissions at any time on the 31st. The most wins. Should there be a tie the winner shall be decided by who has the most in the correct order of the ghost 'sightings'. So far we are well over 30 ghosts with more to go. So don't give up yet, find those ghosts and find their names!!

Last Update-
Today is the 30th, currently game time of 14:00 hours.
There are currently 43 ghosts so far, with possibilities of one or two more before 24:00 rolls over into the 31st. Will there be ghosts on the 31st? Who knows they are ghosts! :D

I will be idle somewhere VERY easily accessible, like ohhh the top of the paper cabin, all you have to do is come and PM me the list of ghosts you have. Be sure to title the PM "Traveling Ghost". You are free to turn in your PM from any time between 0:01 and 23:59 on the 31st but not after or before. Any PMs before or after the 31st in game time will be disqualified. WOOOOOOOOOOOO GHOST!

*edit* DON'T FEEL LIKE YOU WON'T WIN. ONLY WAY TO WIN IS TO TURN IN HOW MANY YOU GOT. I ASSURE YOU THAT THERE IS NOT A SINGLE PERSON OUT THERE WITH ALL OF THEM.

Edited by phantasm

emergency update:
Due to Mur having hte part in Necro, and many people being stuck there, I am lifting the ban on pm's after the 31st. The end date is now 23:59 on the 1st so that people have a chance to get out of necro and pm me.

The Quest is OVER!! There were 44 ghosts in total. Was a great time, I enjoyed doing the quest as much as you people liked following the ghosts around. There were not as many entries as I had hoped for, but the ones that did tried hard. Below are both the results of who got how many right, and the full list of correct ghosts in order. THANKS FOR PLAYING

Shadowseeker won first place. His advantage early on of knowing that the trigger was in fact the ID of the person ghosted seemed to help alot. He gets a WP, one gold coin, and hopefully one of the halloween packages that is meant for halloween quests.
Amberrune for being in second place will also recieve a gold coin.

[b]Shadowseeker = 36 correct 1st place[/b]
[b]Amberrune= 23 correct[/b] 2nd place
[b]Esmaralda= 23 right 11 wrong[/b]
[b]Tipu=9[/b]
[b]Passant= 1 correct[/b]
[b]Darkraptor= 6 correct[/b]
[b]Passant= 1 correct[/b]

List:

Shadowseeker
Chewett
Shem
Bfh