Visited Scenes

Burns

Obviously, MD keeps track of how many different scenes we've seen already, as it's currently in use for the research depth (explorer) achievement.
I'd like to have a small system-line on the profile, just like the active day counter, that tells you just how many scene you have seen already, and also what percentage of the whole game that is.

I know we're not much into ladder quests etc., but i think that little thing would be sufficient to hook a few more people onto MD, just for the sake of seeing more scenes, and would give the vets something nice to brag with.

You are saying something like the total amount of visited scenes? Interesting idea, but I wonder if locked/secret scenes like the Fenth's Wielder or inside the GG Lab are meant to stay "secret" for most people?

Listing "[i]You have visited x% of 102 total Scenes in the realm[/i]" (probably not 102 total, I just picked a number at 'random') or such would be almost 'spoilery'. (Though would be really frustratingly fun to figure out "Those last two scenes" for completionists to find!!)

• Root Admin

[quote name='Maebius' timestamp='1318577090' post='94081']
You are saying something like the total amount of visited scenes? Interesting idea, but I wonder if locked/secret scenes like the Fenth's Wielder or inside the GG Lab are meant to stay "secret" for most people?

Listing "[i]You have visited x% of 102 total Scenes in the realm[/i]" (probably not 102 total, I just picked a number at 'random') or such would be almost 'spoilery'. (Though would be really frustratingly fun to figure out "Those last two scenes" for completionists to find!!)
[/quote]

Meh, some of the scenes you wont be able to access since many scenes are locked of. so most people would not be able to complete them all.

I also would like that count, so long as it didn't say how many scenes there where (ie it just gave you the %: "You have visited 72% of all locations in MD")
Opens up new achievements for exploration, as well, that get harder the longer you leave them.

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]i agree with the idea too, and i like the way Kyphis suggests it. it would be another fun teaser :)[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]P.S. "locked/secret scenes like the Fenth's Wielder or inside the GG Lab" - just wandering if those are not spoilers. not like i want to offend Maebius, just reading the GG part i had a thought: "oh, good to know" :D[/font][/size]

[quote name='duxie' timestamp='1318622799' post='94141']
[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]i agree with the idea too, and i like the way Kyphis suggests it. it would be another fun teaser :)[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]P.S. "locked/secret scenes like the Fenth's Wielder or inside the GG Lab" - just wandering if those are not spoilers. not like i want to offend Maebius, just reading the GG part i had a thought: "oh, good to know" :D[/font][/size]
[/quote]

Well, the GG lab is mentioned pretty explicitly in recent Announcements from Mur about shared tools being there for people, including a few folks who have access, so I figured that was not too spoilery. The Fenth Wielder, I've heard people talk openly in the park about also so hopefully is not -that- secret. I could have mentioned a few coordinates that are less common, around GG or MB, but I won't. :P

Back on topic, I think an idea of percentages would be a better alternative than simply a flat "total scenes". IT would be fun and frustrating to research "where is that last 2.73 percent?!" and drive folks to look deeper into the realm, even if the answer winds up being "Nowhere we can go."

• 1 year later...