External Advertisment in MD ?

Quas

Okay, see the screenshot.

Right after I used one of my woodcutting tools (I got both, branches and lumber). The "[b]Current[/b]"(location) word from under the regeneration timer, suddenly became a [b]link[/b], and when I put my mouse on it it shows an ad to some external Romanian thing... [b]Not[/b] MD related.

Edit: It happenes to both tools and dissapears after i refresh the [b]page[/b], but still occures every time I use the tools

*clicks Post and waits for a reply*

Edited by Quashen

oh well quas, looking at your toolbar i dont wonder about strange stuff popping up.

as duxie said, an addon or some other browser related nonsense you "co-installed" when installing a software.

uninstall everything except: flash-block, adblock, popup-blocker, no-script and ie-tab. all the other stuff like search toolbars etc is just doors for bad things

Edited by Zorica

Removed the recent addons (yahoo toolbar and stuff) but didnt fix anything..it actually made one more link appear >.>

the only other addon that I have exept Firefox's basic stuff is the MD toolbar

Edited by Quashen

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][quote name='Quashen' timestamp='1321979912' post='96398'][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]......[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]I thought you noticed, but [b]I AM [/b]Romanian.. and I'm pretty sure I know my own language, thank you.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]... lol[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][/quote][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]haha, nice one... and i tried to figure out how you got some add-on with foreign language... :D[/font][/size]

Edited by duxie

These are my current add-ons. The first addon wich is not visible is just Adobe

the ones below that are not visible also are disabled stuff.

I doubt any one of theese might cause the problem..[attachment=3350:Addons.jpg]

Edited by Quashen

• Root Admin

[quote name='Zorica' timestamp='1321982147' post='96409']
it doesnt have to be a browser addon. and seeing that you use utorrent...well.....i´d recommend you checking your whole machine and get rid of utorrent and stuff like that
[/quote]

i use and used utorrent today, i was downloading fedora, its perfectly fine and used for millions of honest legal file transfers.

did you follow my link by looking on the items installed on your computer? the link did not just say it was an addon.

I did. I also removed anything that I didnt use from Add or Remove Programs, even some trusted programs.. still didn't fixed it.

That might leave it to one option, that of being a wierd kinky [color=#ff0000]virus[/color] around here ?

Can you recomend a nice free antivirus or only some quick-scan progs if that is the case ?

P.S.: As I read from here and there on the internet, it usually shows up anytime and in green text. Not green here and [b]only[/b] shows up after using tools.

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]install google chrome and check the same situation. if there's no link - it's FF add-on (not necessarily visible, might be some malware). if it's there - you have a bigger problem, and i can't suggest you how to remove it :)[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]anyways, i'd prefer chrome over FF :P[/font][/size]

malwarebytes anti-malware : [url="http://filepony.de/download-malwarebytes_anti_malware/get-mirror-server.html"]http://filepony.de/d...ror-server.html[/url]

download
install
check for updates
fullscan
remove/quarantine all findings

Edited by Zorica

are you sure you're not going to fill me up with even more stuff? :D

[b]Edit:[/b] Reinstalled ff

I found the facemoods thing in IE, but I cant find it through addons or anywhere to remove it....

Edited by Quashen

[quote name='Quashen' timestamp='1321984813' post='96419']

[b]Edit:[/b] Reinstalled ff

I found the facemoods thing in IE, but I cant find it through addons or anywhere to remove it....
[/quote]

In order to remove it you will have to go to add/remove programs or in vista uninstall or change a program. Find it in that list them click uninstall.

• 4 weeks later...