Where is sand and water and how do you collect it?

Magistra

My question (as a newbie MP4) is: where do you find that special sand and where do you find water? Or are these forbidden questions?
I have an essence extractor and would like to use it.

Magistra

Edited by Magistra

[quote name='Burns' timestamp='1323520724' post='97617']
Sand is a byproduct from stone detecting.
Water is available at a lot of places across the realm, just take a look under the chat, there's a box that tells you what resources are in which scene (if any).
[/quote]
I know, but how to you get those resources? Is there a kind of 'take-button'in this game? What do I have to do in order to possess those resources?

Is it allowed to state where the buckets are on the forum? Or are we just going to say "Good luck finding it, it'd be a spoiler if we tell you and you won't learn anything from it."

I really don't know how much information we're allowed to share without it being categorized as a spoiler.. kind of off topic I suppose.

[quote name='Magistra' timestamp='1323540019' post='97639']
I do have a bucket, but up till now I haven't been able tu use it. It seems that this is a 'wrong' bucket then. Where do I find that usable bucket?
[/quote]
In somebody's inventory, you'd have to trade for it. The best way to get water is to buy it from somebody who has it, collecting it is not something anybody can do.

• 3 months later...

You cannot grab a bucket without 60 Marind Bell land loyalty points, of which you get one per day by being a citizen of Marind Bell, which you may become if you inquire with a current citizen of Marind Bell. The water itself is only used for making tea at this point (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but will have more uses in the future.

Edited by Pipstickz

• Root Admin

[quote name='Pipstickz' timestamp='1334050083' post='108699']
of which you get one per day by being a citizen of Marind Bell, which you may become if you inquire with a current citizen of Marind Bell.
[/quote]

You cannot become a citizen at this current moment

You also need to be a Marind Bell Citizen to use buckets located in MB Sanctuary

There are, however, some Water-collecting tools in the MDA bathroom.... if you can get there, and are quick.
I have not confirmed the land loyalty requirements for those, but I know they seem to be more usable by non-citizens than the Marind Bell ones.