protector spells

• Root Admin

i just realise i have to put a explenation about this ...

the spells right now in the game are mopre to test their functionality. some will remain like that, but some will be like the sample spell on the main page,with texts to describe the technique , and a special way to learn them. even if its now up and running, the magic system still has a lot of changes pending, but i have to take each one step at a time.

becoz not many of us can actually test the spells while they act quite important rules in the game...

and i kept hear many players, especially mp3 players asking their function when they see someone cast the spells...

a brief preview would be enough actually..maybe the list of spells currently testing...no need to be as detailed as that post :D

Yes, you can find out in-game, but it is waaayyyy too much of a spoiler, I only have any idea at all because I was told. and I'm not really supposed to have more than the general idea until I get to MP6. So, as this is the case for all other player who aren't yet MP6, why should they get to know? It keeps you excited about progressing further. and having YOUR OWN protector cast spells on you is enough of a preview already.

lol if you say spoiling i think it would be too harsh to say it coz i sometimes see the info related discussed in game chat...i am making a list on that too lol...but as Mur said it would be infinite many spells so it would be impossible to figure them all by oneself :D

i have played some games players dun like spoiling too, like Runscape... they have rules that not letting players to say any quest details and such...but usually most online games in hk (my country) encourage/do not stop this kind of info telling...and even more the posts with detailed info can sometimes get rated and add thumb-up and reputation points...ok..i believe it would be some of the different cultures and i surely respect and be no problem with it :D

Yes, they can ask, if they'd like to know, otherwise, you try to avoid discussing it, even though, sometimes, I personally say over chat, I try and cut down on how often I do that, and normally initiate a chat raid (where people say random stuff to get bad comments off of the readable script) when I do say something. The point is, either way, that it is still spoiling, as kiler2 so graciously pointed out. And you do it as little as possible, if at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that seeing other people using the spells and hearing people talk about them is enough to make people want to reach mp6 so they can use them, Thus keeping more people active. If you let people preview the spells before they are supposed to be able to get them they will be annoyed when the preview is over and already have explored that aspect of the game so there is less to discover later on making it more likely for them to get bored with the game. I think people should have to wait.

• 2 months later...