Translation to Italian

Manweor

I can translate the game to Italian, or at least some parts of the game, but I study at university and don't have much time to spend on this; anyway, if you want it turned in italian I can slowly start a bit at a time tranlsating fro0m english

• Root Admin

Yes italian is greatly needed. If the player lacks players from a country that only means the translation in that language is much more needed.

However there is a problem, the game is h_u_g_e and if you are not ready to translate several hundred pages , it will go nowhere.

I would greatly apreciate your effort but i have to warn you its not an easy task to do at all.

plase contact me in-game if you still feel you are up to it and we will talk about it. There can be more people working on a translation but someone has to coordinate it, someone with a lot of free time available.

• 1 month later...

another italian player here, and antoher potential translator, if needed :)

i've quite a huge experience in browser games field (tested more than 100), i've done some semi-pro translations, and i know very well "fantasy english", because i've been a D&D Master for years, using english-written books.

I'm even writing a fantasy novel myself, but that's another story :)

I agree with Manu: such a game-novel - as Magicduel is - need to be understood very well to be played, ant language can be a big trouble. I think i know at least a dozen potential players, who will never play because they don't know english good enough.

But I agree with Manu even with the "hugeness problem": no reason to start the translation until you can plan to have it (at least almost) complete. I can't be a coordinator, but i can be one in a team, if team there will be :)

This is my first day here in this game. It is a totally new type of game for me. One thing I can help with, and am very willing to do, would be to correct English spelling and typos. There are many from what I've seen so far. I teach English Composition, so proofreading is something I do pretty much automatically as I read. Let me know if I can help.

• Root Admin

ok so it looks we will have a italian team assembling? if so please talk to eachother and email me when you decide that you can start. The more people helping with the translation for a language the faster and easier it will go. Like i said i would love to have italian version too, i am sure there are many more italians out there playing the game so you will have to see who else is in for this.

English spellcheking will come too at some point, but for now i cant allow access to the english version and also i dont have time to implement the changes you will send for english as i better work on new features than spellcheck old ones. I will go over the entire game and fix things once we reach a new milestone or something.

ok so it looks we will have a italian team assembling? if so please talk to eachother and email me when you decide that you can start. The more people helping with the translation for a language the faster and easier it will go. Like i said i would love to have italian version too, i am sure there are many more italians out there playing the game so you will have to see who else is in for this.

i'm gonna try to find some more players, and eventually put them into the "team"

the problem is still that none of us has time to be the "leader" of this team...

but - at least - we are starting to think about it :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i like this game, i'm italian, i think i can help whit my english->italian traslating ability.

i would like to join the "italian translating team" if it'll ever exist ^^

i'm at university, but i think i could spend at least two days per week on this project

I don't think the main part is completed, looking to both quality and quantity. At the moment I'm playing in english even if I'm italian. And I've asked almost everyone with important positions to do something about this, but I haven't received useful answers (other than Manweor itself and Chewett).

The italian translation stopped almost four weeks ago,at lest for the pages I can see.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...