sketches and other stuff

valentina

So, Here is some of my sketches.. I have to say.. I never draw like this.. I am used to digital painting and doing photomanipulations, so this is very new to me..

some sort of dragon female thing

dragogirlxg0.jpg

a dragon . I used 3d reference images here.. I used to draw a lot of dragons but .. I thought it was like riding a bike and I could just draw them again.. .... well.. was I surprised... Really needed reference :huh:

md4sg6.jpg

I did this one for me.. I wanted it in my 'comments' section in the game...

I just love chicks with bigass swords :)

md5xn7.jpg

This is what I normally do .. digital painting and photomanips..

stepsxn4.jpg

befaftic8.jpg

Ow and sorry if I posted wrong.. I didn't see an art section here.. or I might have missed it??

md7jg1.jpg

an evil tree... 10 minute sketch .. but the avatar sized one looks great :)

md6ke1.jpg

the dragon lady revisited... lots of details.. spend a lot of time on this one.. I know you don't see the details in the avatar size... but .. I just like it this way :)

So, I have to say it's an honour to sketch for the magic duel game, I enjoy doing the avatars :)

If anyone has suggestions, ideas.. they are allways welcome :)

here are my latest sketches

*edit they have been submitted in the avatarshop... sold out though, but in case you want to see them :)*

• Root Admin

Sorry but i asked Valentina not to post new artworks untill they are released in the game,

Right now people start to select their avatars right from the forum and then push me to give them or make custom avatars for them, this is totaly unacceptable, you will have to pick your avatar from the mdshop and all players that reach that shop stage have same right to pick the best looking one in order they reach that shop level. This also causes confusion because if you like an avatar here but you dont see it in the shop you will start asking questions and maybe that avatar is sheduled in a later release wave.

Until later when it wont be such a rush for avatars there wont be any avatars posted on the forum untill they become officialy available in the game.

Thank you for understanding,

..and Valentina, later on if you keep up the good work, i will setup a private page where you can exibit your work , not only avatars. I want to make something like a gallery for each artist that worked on the game so far, like a personal web, but right now i am extreamly busy and this thing can take time.

This also goes for other type of artists , not only drawings, but more info about this later when i will start work on it.

I really don't like the avatars to be posted on the forums EVEN if hey are in the MD shop. They should be only in the game..that's the point and meaning of unique and original..i don't like to choose a avatar that is also on the forums..i want it to be only in the game near my name, to be something special not a pic showed on the forums...

I love Valentina's sketches, they enhance the dark depth of this game.......I'm surely disappointed with not being able to ask for an avatar as i had already put in a request for one......can only hope no-one gets it before me lol I think the idea of an "artist" gallery is a good idea, it showcases people's talents. Keep up the excellent work Valentina :)

I love the idea of an art section... not only for sketches but for other things too .. maybe signatures.. and ow.. i dunno home made art :D ..

I think there are lots of people with skills like the artists allready working for the game, and maybe with the art section people might notice it better... and show them their own talent maybe..

every review has something written about the artworks in the game, and it feels very good that people still apprciate real art in stead of 3d graphics and pictures.... it's what making this game special.

And in the future, I will be more carefull with uploading.

I do think, even if on the forum they are still unique... i don't see the difference in people seeing them next to a name or here... there is only one player that owns one of the above avatars... only one player can say that :)

and here, you can see that some of them have a lot of detail in it.. in the game they are very very tiny...

ow and people can allways pm me about ideas for avatars...

if they have a request i'll do it but chances are very slim that you will get that avatar like muratus mentioned, you'll just have to wait untill you can get those level 2 avatars :P

I like your sketches it is very loose and not rigid in form. :) i like that they use black and white as well! :)

I wish i could draw a little bit better myself! I realize my style is not much different than yours and it is one of the main reasons why i started playing this game! the art is fantastic!

• 5 months later...