Please use link to download the current alliance statement for the Dimensional Shifters.

[attachment=3680:Dimensional Shifters Alliance Statement.pdf]

~Sasha

{Just been informed of the naming, my mistake :S It should be "Alliance recruitement")

Edited by Shadowseeker

"It is once more time to follow the teachings of Simplyzero. To understand how to travel, to and from far and distant lands, by means that many do not.

Dimensional shifting and the use of magic are the means I speak of"

A question: in the announcement Mur mentioned that you do not have any of the spells or technical abilities of SimplyZero. So what... exactly... do you mean when you say "Dimensional shifting and the use of magic." What magic precisely?

Awi

[quote name='awiiya' timestamp='1331931039' post='106752']
A question: in the announcement Mur mentioned that you do not have any of the spells or technical abilities of SimplyZero. So what... exactly... do you mean when you say "Dimensional shifting and the use of magic." What magic precisely?
[/quote]

Just because I do not have the powers, does not mean we cannot try to study and understand what he did through his role, and perhaps come up with others. He didn't just get his powers by saying "I can do this so I need this spell" He got them by working for them.

Not everything must be done through game mechanics, this has been shown many times by various people. An example would be when the kings and queens died. People didn't just say "They died because this spell or object was used upon them and all have to do to get them back is to ask someone with the revive spell to use it on them." they actually added their own meanings and theories to the deaths and held their own investigations to try and understand it better.

When I say "Follow the teachings of Simplyzero" I do not mean what the game mechanics allowed him to do, I mean by what his role and role-playing actually allowed him to do.

The actual ability to travel to places by using spells is indeed a great help, but it is not a necessity.

~Sasha

Perhaps I phrased it wrong. We should look at what he was able to do, not what he did. He was able to use his powers to go to places that perhaps others couldn't through magic and dimensional manipulation.
All that we should seek to do is to [u]try[/u] and respect the creator and main figure of the alliance by trying to understand some of what he did.

I cannot talk for what he did or who he was. I can, however, try and talk for what he was able to do. [b]That[/b] is what it all comes down to. Not trying to understand him, but the powers he was using.

On a more on topic note, this topic should be deleted in two days.

Thank you,

~Sasha

I think these questions are actually all on-topic. You posted a flyer, which is the purpose of this topic, and we are asking questions about that flyer.

Also - you say that you hope to understand "the powers he was using." Sasha, I can't be the only one finding this all incredibly vague. His powers were by and large technical - he used spells to teleport himself and others around. There wasn't, if my memory serves me, much discussion of the implications of the shifting. No papers written about the theoretical underpinnings of his travel, no deep metaphorical connections. I'm not sure there are many teachings to learn from.

Did you ever meet simplyzero? I forget who was around when.

As an afterthought: You mention again that Simply worked for his spells. But again, if I remember correctly, he was awarded his spells in an era where some were given things without much work.

Awi

Edited by awiiya

I admire the fact that you are respecting the path of once was as there is much to be learned from history. It is only by reflection that one can embrace the future. And don't forget to add a little bit of spice to what will be:P

I think there can be done a lot, if you have the will, regarding research of DS.
There are lots of documents about Simplyzero's evolution via Adventure Log. With the right "why"s, you'll be step closer to understanding him and his abilities and perhaps if your theories prove correct, one day, duplicate them if you wish it so.

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

Hmm. You all have very valid points, but can't you see that I am trying to revive an alliance that was destroyed through personal fights? Both in and out of character?

For now I would like this topic locked so that I may have a think about this.

I'd like to thank you Awiiya, Chewett, Kiley and Rhaegar, for making me have to think much harder than I did before.

~Sasha