Quotes while drunk, ajax error

Phantom Orchid

When I was telling a story under the influence of the 'drunk' spell, twice it created multiple error messages that kept coming up (for everyone there) until someone cleared chat completely.

I was using the (*) character before and after each sentence, which was fine, but then when I threw in apostrophes (") also it caused several errors.

I didn't get a chance to copy the error message, but perhaps someone can figure it out (in a remote location please).

Here is the error message I got when trying it, it kept showing up until I cleared the chat:

[CODE]
Error: SyntaxError
Err description: undefined
Err number: undefined
Err message: missing ; before statement
Ajax response:
var chatobj = document.getElementById('livechat');
chatobj.innerHTML = "<div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=sCmxhVf2XWiDy9LvleK_Ew,,'><font color='#7E5132'>samon</font></a>: </strong>: <font color='#305681'>*<i>sits with his back against the tree</i>*</font> I'm back, again <font color='#305681'>*<i>smiles</i>*</font> </i></font></div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=sCmxhVf2XWiDy9LvleK_Ew,,'><font color='#7E5132'>samon</font></a>: </strong>let's try it out...</i></font></div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=sCmxhVf2XWiDy9LvleK_Ew,,'><font color='#7E5132'></font></a>: </strong><font color='#305681'><i>samon drinks some distilled tears</i></font></div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=sCmxhVf2XWiDy9LvleK_Ew,,'><font color='#7E5132'></font></a>: </strong> *"ih"*</div>";
chatobj.scrollTop = chatobj.scrollHeight;

//alert('please refresh interface, hit f5');
var sounds = parent.document.getElementById('sounds');
sounds.TGotoLabel('_level0','chatmsg');

//debug sound
//var sounds = perent.document.getElementById('sounds');
//sounds.TGotoLabel('_level0','chatmsg');
[/CODE]

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This has been reported [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/10440-drunk-spell/"]twice[/url] [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/11652-md-ajax-errors/"]before[/url]. I take it that it's still a problem.

Wait, actually, was it just quotes this time? Or was it quotes and asterisks (*)?