Community Garden Poetry & Short Story Writing Contest

Phantom Orchid

[color=#4b0082][size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Calling all poets, bards, minstrels, balladeers, and troubadours![/font][/size][/color]

[color=#4b0082][size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Now accepting submissions for a poetry & short story writing contest.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#4b0082][size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Contestants may submit "community garden" themed entries to both the poetry and writing contest.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#4b0082][size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Poetry entry guidelines:[/font][/size][/color][list]
[*][color=#4b0082][size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Up to three unpublished, original poems may be submitted.[/font][/size][/color]
[*][color=#4b0082][size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]All poems must be 30 lines or fewer[/font][/size][/color]
[/list]
[color=#4b0082][size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Short story entry guidelines:[/font][/size][/color][list]
[*][color=#4B0082][size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]One unpublished, original short story may be submitted[/font][/size][/color]
[*][color=#4B0082][size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Short stories include fiction, non-fiction, essays, diary or journal entries, or short screenplays[/font][/size][/color]
[*][color=#4B0082][size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Maximum of five pages (single or double-spaced, please not less than 10 point font)[/font][/size][/color]
[/list]
[color=#4B0082][size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Send entries via PM to Phantom Orchid (or, alternatively, you can rehearse them to me in-game while standing on your head and juggling tomatoes with your feet)[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#4B0082][size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]One poem and one writing submission will be chosen by a panel of judges to be read out loud ([/font][/size][/color][color=#4b0082][size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]or acted out? interpretive danced to?)[/font][/size][/color][color=#4b0082][size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive] during a community garden event.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#4b0082][size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Deadline for entries has been extended to September 22, 2012[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#4b0082][size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Winner/s to receive 1 WP (provided by either Rumi or Phantom Orchid) [i]if [/i]entry shows merit. Organizers reserve the right to dole out candy and additional rewards indiscriminately.[/font][/size][/color]

Edited by Phantom Orchid

• 3 weeks later...

Summer Sabbat
8/1/12

[i]From MagicDuel Calendar:[/i]

August 1: Day of the Third Digest [list]
[*]Ireland: Lughnasadh
[*]England and Scotland: Lammas or Lambess
[*]Ancient Rome: Celebration of the aquiring of Egypt
[/list]
[i]Lughnasadh is the first day of Autumn in Ireland, and is one of the four major festivals on the Irish Calendar. The day is celebrated with bon fires and dancing.[/i]
[i]Lammas is the harvest day for wheat, and in ancient times people would bring loaves of broad made with the new harvest to the church as an offering. [/i]
[i]Octavus, a Roman General and later Emperor on this day attained all of Egypt and added it to the Roman Empire. Celebrations throughout the Empire abound, with much drinking and feasting. [/i]

Edited by Rumi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Belated drumroll please...[/font]

[sub][font=comic sans ms,cursive]drldrldrldrldrldldrldrldrldrldldrldrldrldrl[/font][/sub]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]After much deliberation and procrastination, the entries have been judged, and I am happy to announce the winners![/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Congratulations Plix Plox for the extraordinary poem, and Fyrd for the highly exceptional short story!!![/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Each winner to receive one WP provided by either myself or Rumi.[/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Entries will be read aloud during an upcoming (hopefully soon!) community garden event/opening.[/font]