Fest Quest Day 2 - Combat by the Numbers

Fyrd Argentus

Welcome, Puppets, to the second day's challenge from The Puppeteers!

This is called "Combat by the Numbers"

Each team is tasked with creating a battle report of a 6 vs. 6 combat wherein the ID numbers of the creatures involved has a special relationship.

Compare opposing creatures as physically arranged in the screen shot (upper left vs. upper left, etc.). Consider the absolute value of the difference between their ID numbers. If all six values are the same, the screenshot is a winner with that ID differential as a measure of the value.

You will need to have one screenshot of the battle (for positioning, either player's point of view) and both player's summary reports to demonstrate creature ID's. Other proofs of creature ID may be required by judges if they deem necessary.

Jockeying for position:
When the first team declares a winning set of screenshots by posting on THIS forum thread, including the time and ID differential, the clock starts scoring points for that team. To take the lead, the other team must post a winner with a LARGER ID differential. The lead position goes back and forth between the teams throughout the day, with each posting of a higher ID differential. The winning team is the one that clocks the most time in the lead position during that 24 hour period.

Note: The battles themselves must also happen during the second day of the festival – no old battle records, please! Old creatures are of course allowed.

Second Note: It is permissible to simply post on the forum that a battle of value such-and-such has been created. Screenshot proofs may be held back and presented to the judges privately at a later time, if you so desire.

May the combats begin! Watch out for those bursts!

Ahh, so just to clarify in my mind:
If I use creature id 778877 & 778878 in battle, and you use creature 778870 & 778874 we would have a "score" of 11 right?
(obviously, there would be 6 creatures on each side, but you are comparing the id per slot, yes?)

..77-..70 = 7 and ..78 - ..74 = 4 (7+ 4 = 11) maths are hard

So ideally, you'd want to use low id creatures against high ID ones, for the largest 'spread'?

Edited by Maebius

[quote name='Maebius' timestamp='1342598881' post='117701']
Ahh, so just to clarify in my mind:
If I use creature id 778877 & 778878 in battle, and you use creature 778870 & 778874 we would have a "score" of 11 right?
(obviously, there would be 6 creatures on each side, but you are comparing the id per slot, yes?)

..77-..70 = 7 and ..78 - ..74 = 4 (7+ 4 = 11) maths are hard

So ideally, you'd want to use low id creatures against high ID ones, for the largest 'spread'?
[/quote]

Nope. This would not be a winning battle.

You have differentials of 7 and 4 there. All the differentials must be the SAME (absolute value, could be positive or negative).

So creature 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 might fight creatures 111, 112, 113, 94, 95, 116, for instance, and the score would be 10.

• Root Admin

its quite hard to do if you do the maths... its unlikely you are going to have 6 creatures with a similar difference to anyone else due to the large amount of creatures bought.

The only way someone is going to win easily is to actually go and buy 6 crits now, and most of the people i spoke to had no space.

I'll second the wookie. Quite a bit of chatter in-realm about this, but less success finding un-fresh "matches" among my friends. :)
Still a good idea, I hope to see someone score here!