old active day players make it unfair

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1355555878' post='128245']
GG has a bigger issue with inactives but I don't think they should really be removing tiny men lol
[/quote]
It's more of an issue of not wanting to bother certain people for insignificant votes really.

[quote name='Valldore Nal' timestamp='1355556587' post='128246']
And personally, i have no idea where or how to find such data.
[/quote]

I've requested such a list somewhere else, but it got buried by no response, and I am in no mood to keep pushing for things atm/code it myself. Bugs said it could be done as a coder project, but with my bachelor thesis in work right now, I just have no mood for that.

Edited by Shadowseeker

[quote name='Shadowseeker' timestamp='1355558783' post='128253']
I've requested such a list somewhere else, but it got buried by no response, and I am in no mood to keep pushing for things atm/code it myself. Bugs said it could be done as a coder project, but with my bachelor thesis in work right now, I just have no mood for that.
[/quote]

Yes, i'm familiar with your other post regarding citizens lists. Well, if the only way to get such a list (including loyalty scores ) is through db (the only ppl i can think of having access to it would be council, mur, bugs and rendril), we will have to wait until a feature is implemented for showing that.

It seems that the absentees are the problem and it is requested a solution. Why not make it automatic :

Consider the each citizen has its vote influence or lets say power at 100%. Each absence on a vote will decrease the power of a vote by 5%. Each vote will recover up to 50% of the vote power.
Also, this should not decrease by more then 5-10% per week (do remember the holiday when one vet could be voted out like this due its inactivity).

This will completely remove the extra influence lost due to inactive players but in time and will still hold the number of citizens.

Better ?

Also, if one chooses to vote on only some of the referendums then it is their own choice. They will still have the means to keep their influence.

PS: the request to check the DB for inactivity seems like privacy invasion request.

Edited by No one

The problem with what you suggest No One is that the actual absent of vote reflects may reflect a choice for the person who didn't vote. Not voting still holds a negative meaning, and by doing that we would actually start to remove the meaning of "not voting". It will have an influence on inactive people, eventually making them not count for the votes, but if any other actually absents from votes by choice (cause he doesn't have a good reason to vote against, but yet again the person for whom the vote is made didn't really tried to persuade him vote for him/her), that would give a negative impact on their choice

As far as the request for DB information, it was an idea. I agree, it has a certain "privacy invasion" flavor. Any idea on how we could get the information without braking "privacy " ?

i dont understand why is it a problem for absent votes to be counted as against? system is obviously set in same manner as voting for certain laws or constitution chages in parliament, where certain quota has to be reached of whole parliament members rather than just the ones that decide to vote, in other words absent votes are counted as against

[size=1]ps: i wrote this post before few days ago, some mod deleted it without tellin me why, and it obviously didnt went against any rules, i dont want rise fuss about this, but dont such thing without notifyin me about which rule i broke; and no this aint no backset moddin this is just unofficial complaint[/size]

[size=4][color=#0000ff]Edit By Chewett: Learn to press the post button, no post has been deleted from here. Please do not make accusations without proof.[/color][/size]

Edited by Chewett
noobs