HelpXmas!

DarkRaptor

Very cool use of clickables, reminiscent of Cutler's Astral Plane, but of course it did not have spoilers and used original (I think? <<) artwork. All in all, there was only one thing that I didn't like as much with this, and that was getting a certain item over and over again.

Edited by Pipstickz

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Eh... I guess I should report this here. Is it a bug?[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I opened the chest for the third time and picked the Ink. Item 5 (I think) was added to my inventory, but I still never got it...[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]The chest lock was also reset so the same pattern of runes didn't work. [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]So... can I please have the ink? If you want, dark, I can tell you the pattern I used to open the chest for the third time[/color][/font].

Edited by DARK DEMON

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Since I know you've worked hard for this quest, I spent 20 more minutes to do it again and get the ink so that you won't be troubled. :)[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]You can ignore my earlier post, and [/color][/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Merry Xmas![/color][/font]

[b]Thank you all for the feedback [/b] :)

I'm glad some of you enjoyed the quest and i hope at some point you got a laugh at it, i sure did :D

The artwork is original.. and as you can guess by the poor quality.. was made by me :P

I'm also very glad that at this point there is 30 participants and 10 of them have already finnished!
What a big quizz battle for the Wishpoint we are going to have! :-D

[b]Please Have Fun!!! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!![/b]

darkraptor

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Okay, I'm done :) Here's my feedback:[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]-very twisted quest, you really need patience. Yet, that's what makes it fun :D[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]-a different use of clickables (i.e. with the runes) makes it interesting but the repetition makes it a (teeny little) boring later on... [/color][/font] :mellow:
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]-the overall idea of repairing the sledge was great[/color][/font]

[quote name='tankfans' timestamp='1356063232' post='128627']
I got into an infinite loop... after getting "Milk", "Cookies" disappears... and when I got "Cookies", "Milk" disappears, ... and so on.

PS: I didn't drink the milk, nor eaten the cookies...
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Yeah, it took a while for me to figure that out too.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Patience. Brainpower. Luck, maybe? :cool:[/color][/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400] [/color][/font]

[quote name='tankfans' timestamp='1356068210' post='128629']
This infinite looping bug looped for three times in a row and I couldn't get out of it...
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]It did 4 times in a row for me :blink:[/color][/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400] [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]dark will give you a hint... maybe...[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

[b]42 participants and 16 of them have already finnished![/b]

Still much time to play until Xmas day.. and ... remember every winner will get a reward and is selected for a big quizz battle for the Wishpoint!

[b]Please Have Fun!!! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!![/b]
dark

well it as the reverse thing for me, it anoy me so that the elf wont have cookies, (they should have heaten with ther imaginary ants)

if i would have been really bad wanting to do it, it would have been pushing me to make an autoit and programe to do it brut force as it really anoy me manually

(its just for feedback that comment ...)

i still feel that since one need to so many time open that box, it should have been manually friendly i.e. be responsive for what an human can do easyly for speed and that actual time is to long in my thinking

remember that automation is there to releief man of burden time consuming and repetitive chores ....

Edited by Tom Pouce

[b]45 participants and 18 of them have already finnished![/b]

24 more hours to play.. and ... remember every winner will get a reward and is selected for a big quizz battle for the Wishpoint!

Current reward list: ( to be distributed between all winners )
1 Dream Mutation
2 Sharptears
3 Festival Sponsored prizes (or Silver..)
4 Locate Stones
3 Silvertongue Stones
2 Movelock Stones
2 Mirrorritual Stones
1 Colored Paper (15 units)

[b]Please give your feedback [url="http://magicduel.com/bfh/participants.php"]here[/url][/b]

Thank you

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
dark

[b]Thank you ALL For participating! I hope you had some fun [/b] :)

Quest ended some minutes ago and here is the Winner List:
AmberRune
*Nimrodel*
dst
Eara Meraia
Esmaralda
Seeker white
Valldore Nal
ignnus
Plix Plox
Sunfire
VorniC
Max Mortlock
lashtal
Ivorak
*Clock Master*
Pipstickz
DARK DEMON
tankfans
stavaroiu

[b]Yes... 19 Winners and 49 Participants [/b] :P

Since there was a good amount of winners it will be nearly impossible to gather everybody at a certain time for the announced quiz battle for the wishpoint.
So, [b]in the next days i will prepare a clickie with 20 (or more) questions and then the top 5 will compete on a final chat quiz.[/b]
I will also use the clickie to ask you a number that will be used to distribute the prize list (much like the halloween quest).

Sorry for this extra step, but i would like to have a fair contest and make sure everybody have a chance, even those with a busy real life schedule.

[b]Please take bit of time and give your feedback/rating [url="http://magicduel.com/bfh/participants.php"]here[/url] .[/b]

Also, any suggestions or comments are welcome in this thread so i can improve upcoming quests :)

[b]Thank you[/b]

[b]Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!![/b]
dark

ps: Quest clickies will be up until the end of the year, those who did not meet yet the Elf, the Granny.. or BFH's Cow.. can still do! :-P

can you stick my name onto those allowed to do the 20 questions? I'd quite like to do them for fun to see where I would've ranked had I time to complete this before the cut off

Edited by Grido

• 2 weeks later...

Finally the quiz clickie is up! Time for the quest winners to battle for a WP!

To answer the Trivia go to the GoE hidden orb and speak the word : [b]HelpXmas[/b]

You will be asked to choose a number that will give you a corresponding prize on [url="http://storenow.net/my/?f=5791"]this[/url] list (pass will be disclosed later).
The list consists of (19 prizes of my stock):
1 Dream Mutation
2 Sharptears
4 Mirrorritual Stones
5 Locate Stones
4 Silvertongue Stones
2 Movelock Stones
1 Colored Paper (15 units)

Then the clickie will make [b]20 questions[/b] with a limited response time of [b]1 minute[/b].
The [b]TOP 5 to score more points in the least amount of time[/b] will be selected to a final trivia that will be played on chat and will have the following awards:
1st place = WP + ( 1st prize sponsorship of the xmas festival[b]*[/b] )
2nd place = ( 2nd prize sponsorship of the xmas festival* )
1rd place = ( 3rd prize sponsorship of the xmas festival[b]*[/b] )

[b]*[/b] Please note that i still don't know what this prize will be.. seems it depends on your opinnion given [url="http://magicduel.com/bfh/participants.php"]here[/url].

After all winners answer the trivia i will open it to all quest participants so all can test it and see how much can they score!

Notes on the Triva questions:
1. You have 1 minute to answer, you can even leave the clickie for that period to check any answer.
2. Information needed to answer the trivia is available to ALL through: AL, Announcements, Search and Realm

Good Luck to all!
dark

ps: please don't cheat.. you risk to be disqualified.

17 of the 19 Winners already played the trivia..

I was expecting that a deadline wouldnt be necessary but.. since it's taking more time than i expected.. [b]Deadline for Winners Trivia is: day 14 Jan 10:00 ST[/b]

Max Mortlock and tankfans, please play the trivia asap.

[b]Once all Winners have played and the top 5 is selected, the Trivia will be open to all participants![/b]

~dark

Here is The Winners Trivia [b]TOP 5[/b]:

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]1. [b]lashtal[/b] scored 18 in 311 seconds
2. [b]*Clock Master*[/b] scored 15 in 220 seconds
3. [b]AmberRune[/b] scored 15 in 299 seconds
4. [b]Valldore Nal[/b] scored 14 in 300 seconds
5. [b]Sunfire[/b] scored 13 in 166 seconds[/font]

I will schedule to the next weekend the last battle for the WP. I will be available from 09:00ST to 17:00ST (saturday and sunday).

Following is the full table of the (blind) selected rewards:
[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]1 -ignnus -> 01.Sharptear
2 -Plix Plox -> 02.Movelock Stone
3 -lashtal -> 03.Mirrorritual Stone
4 -DARK DEMON -> 04.Mirrorritual Stone
5 -AmberRune -> 05.Silvertongue Stone
6 -Esmaralda -> 06.Mirrorritual Stone
7 -Sunfire -> 07.Locate Stone
8 -Seeker white -> 08.Colored Paper (15 units)
9 -*Nimrodel* -> 09.Locate Stone
10-dst -> 10.Dream Mutation
11-Pipstickz -> 11.Locate Stone
12-Eara Meraia -> 12.Mirrorritual Stone
13-VorniC -> 13.Locate Stone
14-*Clock Master* -> 14.Silvertongue Stone
15-tankfans -> 15.Silvertongue Stone
16-Ivorak -> 16.Sharptear
17-stavaroiu -> 17.Silvertongue Stone
18-Max Mortlock -> 18.Movelock Stone
19-Valldore Nal -> 19.Locate Stone [/size][/font]
( as can be checked in file [url="http://storenow.net/my/?f=5791"]http://storenow.net/my/?f=5791[/url] with pass:Show-Me.The=Prize_List9 )

[b]Anyone that have participate in the quest can now try the Trivia and try to outscore lashtal![/b]
just go to the Gazebo of Equilibrium Hidden Orb and whisper: [b]HelpXmas[/b]

Good Luck

~dark

• Root Admin

[quote name='DarkRaptor' timestamp='1358157077' post='130442']
[b]Anyone that have participate in the quest can now try the Trivia and try to outscore lashtal![/b]

Good Luck

~dark
[/quote]

While i didnt get time to participate in the quest as i was doing other things, i would like to try and quiz.

Can you enable it for me? i only get "you have not ended the quest."

[b]Final Trivia for the WP will be tomorrow (saturday 19 jan) around 16:00 ST[/b]

Anyone can now try the Trivia and try to outscore lashtal!

Good Luck

~dark

Edited by DarkRaptor