On Seeds

Ackshan Bemunah

First, a story.

Some time ago, I was chilling in Wind's Sanctuary, listening to the wonderful music, when I thought "Wow, this music is wonderful! Who made it?"

Having found someone else who generously looked into it, and discovered it from the score to [i]The Village[/i], I started listening nonstop (of course) to said soundtrack because it's amazing.

Today I needed to do my creative writing homework (technically still need to do it, but first I'll calm down) and decided it would be a good idea to write a story to the score, not for homework of course. As usual since I don't really know any other ways to write stories, I decided to start with a poem written in answer to the first track of this score my exposure to which I credit to MD. The result, "Sailing," included below(1).
Since Numerius/Minty is the poet, I decided to post it also to his online page. I added it to his character page and was getting ready to post a link in mood panel when I noticed the link didn't work. (Didn't know why then, know now.) Instead of displaying my page contents, it displayed text (2) which seemed vaguely like my writing but very different. I read it and it felt like a response to the poem I had just written. Like someone had planted the text there as a message.

(Turns out I must have written it; it was in my personal page which was why other material on it didn't show up. Text since transferred to hate list. Thanks Shem for explaining this to me)

Both texts seem based on the same images and ideas, though the reaction is...somewhat different between the two.

--
(1)
[quote]
[font=Arial][size=3]
[b]Sailing[/b][/size][/font]
[color=#323333][font=Arial][size=3]
Rain forgotten with dawn[/size][/font][/color][color=#323333][font=Arial][size=3]
as shadows welcome the bright flood.[/size][/font][/color]
Fallen on their graves[/size][/font][/color][color=#323333][font=Arial][size=3]
eyes and breath of dead[/size][/font][/color][color=#323333][font=Arial][size=3]
in daytime must freeze[/size][/font][/color][color=#323333][font=Arial][size=3]
against faces of men:[/size][/font][/color][color=#323333][font=Arial][size=3]
lonely now lost,[/size][/font][/color][color=#323333][font=Arial][size=3]
needy now blind,[/size][/font][/color][color=#323333][font=Arial][size=3]
causeless their hope.[/size][/font][/color]
Fall soon please again, night of great beauty. [/size][/font][/color][color=#323333][font=Arial][size=3]
And let this heart break its visageal tomb.[/size][/font][/color]
Come child! with light for now gone[/size][/font][/color][color=#323333][font=Arial][size=3]
-- which means --[/size][/font][/color][color=#323333][font=Arial][size=3]
for us now no reason to hide.[/size][/font][/color]
Raise me to dance, forgotten boy[/size][/font][/color][color=#323333][font=Arial][size=3]
raise me with moony warmth[/size][/font][/color][color=#323333][font=Arial][size=3]
till bright oldness compelled by sun[/size][/font][/color][color=#323333][font=Arial][size=3]
drops our shadows from sea back to earth.[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]
[size=3](2)[/size]

[size=4][quote]
[color=#000000][font=Times][background=rgb(249, 240, 213)]On entering into this world, I saw a beautiful light. At first, I believed the light to be the light of hope. But as I approached, the illusion faded.

The light was pure beauty. Beauty without hope. Inside it was grace, and power, and knowledge, and a new tool-a new and elegant way to represent the world.

Thus, I was introduced to numbers for the first time.

But also, I kept the beauty-the beauty without hope. I stowed it in my mind forever, focusing on the beauty of what's here and now, and not hoping.
[/quote]

-----[/background][/font][/color]
Is it true that the parts of the world involving MD are in conspiracy to teach us something we seem to already know?[/size]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]T[/font][/color]wo months ago, on YkyboMDtmw, I posted:

[quote]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]...Also when seeds of ideas keep growing and bouncing between MD and reality. For instance. Continuing from the previous.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/quote][/font][/color]

Just posted this in the same thread:
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][quote][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]You know you've been on MD too much when everything that happens over a whole two hours of your life you can relate to MD in some way, and only a third of it involves the MD interface.[/quote][/font][/color]

Has anyone else here had similar experiences?

EDIT: Tried posting this in offtopic and it said I didn't have permission. Now it says I do, but I've already posted this here. Only move this if you feel like it, though.

#2: Poem revised for clarity, even though that's not how poems work, but I'm allowed to do that because I wrote it.

Edited by Ackshan Bemunah

I have to smile every time I hear these and similar thoughts.

To me, this way of thinking is what keeps me here. The Dueling is a series of simple Clicks, but THIS, is where the Magic Happens, in MagicDuel.
In that ephemeral shifting blurr between "the realm" of MD and this real Life.

Yep, it's happened more often than I sometimes care to admit, taking something out of MD for Life, or insight into MD from Life. :cool:

This happens to me on occasion. For lots of things really.

Just today in fact I associated a few separate things I put in my papers with eachother to realize some odd stuff. But it's all really based on perceptions. To quote myself:

"Ingame, the dice number I seem to roll the most is 19, I mean I rolled it just a bit ago, but it's because that number's been made somewhat significant to me by a certain book."

If you want to or not you might notice things that will get your brain working...