HC bug

DARK DEMON

[img]http://i48.tinypic.com/5l99xt.jpg[/img]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Right, so there are 2 things I want to point out here.[/color][/font][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]1) flangiliaportium got 278 heads out of nowhere. I was constantly refreshing the HC screen ([/color][/font][/font][url="http://magicduel.com/sitegizmo/trophycontest.php"]http://magicduel.com...ophycontest.php[/url]) [font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]and I'm pretty sure he got them suddenly. He had no footsteps other than the GoE, so he couldn't have got it from fighting. And I'm confident that such a huge number of heads wasn't there before altogether carried by the people at the GoE. When the score was counted again, the number of heads decreased to 139.[/color][/font][/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]2) I cast sendtogazeebo on flangilaportium but it didn't work. Or it might have, and he must have walked back. But since then, the above problem was there. He is at Berserker's Way (refreshed many times) but "User not there" comes up when you click his name.[/color][/font][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

You should note that 139 is precisely half of 278. I can't find it in the very brief search I just did, but heads reduce by half under certain circumstances like being logged out at the count. Being logged out could also be a solution for why it was saying "User not there", that or he genuinely was at GoE, but you didn't notice (time delay on player list update).

As for where the heads actually came from, he indeed COULD have got them from fighting, you just believe otherwise.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]He could, but I kept track of the HC screen and people did not have enough heads to make it 278 at once... anyways.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]The heads reduced by half cause he was at a Sanctuary, not logged out. I added him as a friend and he was online the whole time. Still, the question remains, why did it show "User not here"? He was definitely there at Berserker's Way.[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

My GoE cast on him worked, he's still there atm, try attacking him.

I take it you copied his name, rather than potentially miss-spelling it?

I said circumstances [u]like[/u] logged out, sanc is also one.

btw, I'd suggest asking him about the heads, before jumping to the conclusion about it being a bug, even if it turns out to be one, it's better to have all the facts to start with.

If memory serves, there's some bug with idle mode where it classes you as logged out every now and then or something - any idea how long he'd been there for?

• 6 years later...