How can Change help you change?

Change

My goal as a Protector is to gather a following of people who want to change something. :)

I'm going to be thinking about several projects myself that have the goal of changing things. However, I'd also love to help my adepts with any things that they want to change. Basically, I'm interested in knowing everyone's personal projects and goals and how I can help. This doesn't mean that I will or can help with everything, though! Some things I won't do because I think they will cause the realm to be a lot less conductive to change in the long run. Otherwise, I'd be happy to help!

Anyways, my question is, what do you want in me as a Protector and how can I help you change? I'd also love the opinions of people who don't plan on being my adept too, mainly for the question of how would you like me to act as a Protector.

It should go without saying that you can send me your responses privately, ingame, or here if you choose to respond. I'd personally like them here, so everyone can see them, but I'm equally fine with the other ways.

I hope to be one of the greatest Protectors yet! (I'm just thinking of how)

[color=#0000ff][b]And this is especially directed to all of the people that are new to magicduel. How can I make magicduel a place where you want to stay?[/b][/color]

Edited by Change

[color=#006400][font=comic sans ms,cursive]I'd disagree, Nim.[/font][/color]

[color=#006400][font=comic sans ms,cursive]The way Protectors are nowadays, and the way adepts are taken so lightly, it's the people who are doing the Protectors a favor by being their adepts. Thus, it's the people who have the power to change MP6's. It's not up to a Protector to decide how long s/he's gonna stay if s/he doesn't have support.[/font][/color]

[color=#006400][font=comic sans ms,cursive]So I suggest that Change should go around talking to players [b]individually[/b] (instead of a forum post) and build those Protector-adept relationships, which will give her a stable foundation for being a long-time Protector.[/font][/color]

Edited by DARK DEMON

I agree with both of of you because its complete when you mix both of your ideas. The personal contact is the most successful way to come in touch with others and as an protector it´s ones aim to know his/her adepts (Change already mentioned this) "deep" enough to be able to serve them. Protectorship is service and with that come the biggest challenge in MD and in Real Life too.

I believe change knows what to do and how to do so I will shut up cause who Am I?

All the best on your way to be a protector Change.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Precisely :)[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Do not be such a Protector that you are depending on people's choices whether they adept you or not. Instead, help them out first and develop that bond, so that it is YOU who's doing your adepts a favor, not the other way around just to keep an MP6 up. Once again, work hard and go to each person individually, and always try to avoid the easy way out :P[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1364034145' post='134326']
[color=#006400][font=comic sans ms,cursive]The way Protectors are nowadays, and the way adepts are taken so lightly, it's the people who are doing the Protectors a favor by being their adepts. Thus, it's the people who have the power to change MP6's. It's not up to a Protector to decide how long s/he's gonna stay if s/he doesn't have support.[/font][/color]

[color=#006400][font=comic sans ms,cursive]So I suggest that Change should go around talking to players [b]individually[/b] (instead of a forum post) and build those Protector-adept relationships, which will give her a stable foundation for being a long-time Protector.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
I was protector for more than 7 months without dropping down. My trick is exactly as you suggested, speaking to people individually, ofc I also abused my mp6 spells at will, but that's another thing.

So someone who really want to help a new player wont make their lives easier, instead will guide them to learn from their errors making them work for the answers and not making them a dependent player. I did that and it worked.

[quote name='BFH' timestamp='1364077011' post='134347']
So someone who really want to help a new player wont make their lives easier, instead will guide them to learn from their errors making them work for the answers and not making them a dependent player. I did that and it worked.
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Exactly :D[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]The people who offer me that they be my adept are the ones whom I don't give spoilers (I don't give those to anyone) but rather the ones whom I ask questions to make them realize the answer themselves :)[/color][/font]