Riddle me this,

Metal Bunny

MB, can I give a hint to your black&(lack of)white stones riddle? It's no fun to answer myself since I already know the answer and I didn't come up with it.

Here goes anyway :)

The bunny couldn't sneak white stones in, because he was taken by surprise like MB said, and because the kittens would catch him doing so anyway since they were the ones who put black stones in there. But there is still a way to use this crooked setup against the kittens...... in a way that they cannot deny.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got slightly bored now my exams are over, so I listed all the riddles out (well I took them from MB's list) and hyperlinked them all to the riddle post they come from :( this is also useful for referencing back.

In bold are unsolved. I can't see answers for the bolded ones anyway.

1. Example ’What am I?’ riddle –By MB

2. 1st ’What am I?’ riddle – By MB

3. 2nd ’What am I?’ riddle – By MB

4. 3rd ’What am I?’ riddle – By MB

5. 4th ’What am I?’ riddle – By MB

6. The buttons and the lightbulb riddle – By MB

7. The dead man in the field riddle – By MB

8. The prisoners and the three crowns riddle – By 5acos(phi/2)

9. The television game show riddle – By 5acos(phi/2)

10. The 10 numbers riddle – By 5acos(phi/2)

11. The room with a door to life and death riddle – By Grido

12. The train riddle from hell – By MB

13. 5th ’What am I?’ riddle – By 5acos(phi/2)

14. The cube and the box riddle – By phlegmtheorem

15. The man, his wife and her death riddle – By phlegmtheorem

16. The fake coin and scales riddle and her 2 other variants – By 5acos(phi/2)

17. 6th ’What am I?’ riddle – By tobajas

18. 7th ’What am I?’ riddle – By tobajas

19. 8th ’What am I?’ riddle – By tobajas

20. The 5 pointed star riddle – By phlegmtheorem

21. The 100 coins riddle – By 5acos(phi/2)

22. The epic Einstein riddle – By phlegmtheorem

23. The $50 bill riddle – By phlegmtheorem

24. The bottle, coin and cork riddle – By MB

25. The jars filled with marbles riddle – By MB

26. The awesome human devouring bunny island – By MB

27. 9th ’What am I?’ riddle – By MB

28. 10th ’What am I?’ riddle – By MB

29. Big Ben Bells riddle – By Grido

30. 11th ’What am I?’ riddle – By 5acos(phi/2)

31. Unusual paragraph riddle – By 5acos(phi/2)

32. 3 Boxes 2 marbles riddle – By Rendril

33. Poker hands riddle – By Rendril

34. What gets wetter the more it dries? (It’s the actual riddle…) – By MB

35. 100 Pirates and 100 gold pieces riddle – By Eldrad

36. 12th ’What am I?’ riddle – Rendril

37. Awesomeness condom riddle – By MB

38. 13th ’What am I?’ riddle – By Morgana Le Fey

39. ‘42’ riddle – By Grido

40. Lame kitten king and cool glorious awesomeness bunny riddle – By MB

41. 14th ’What am I?’ riddle – By Grido

42. 15th ’What am I?’ riddle – By phlegmtheorem

43. ’Who are we?’ riddle(rough translation of title) – By Glaistig

*edits previous post* - oh did i get the title translated right?

it is made of matter, but no thats not the answer

errm, mine appears to be causing some difficulty, trust me though once you know the answer all the clues make sense :(

hmm a clue if you want it,

concentrate on the ''i am hard and soft, short and tall'' line and think what it might apply to

An… artistic version of a (well known?) riddle.

Long, long ago, on a far away and forgotten island, already swept away by the smoothing salt sea waves, was a society undiscovered by the awesomeness of bunnies. On it ruled a primitive lame kitten king, unbeknownst to all of bunnykind, and he ruled with fluffy iron fist. One day a cool adventurous and wise bunny had to crash land into this island, because his plane was damaged by killer monkey’s that were mad at him for stealing their banana honey. He was captured after slaying thousands of kittens, by shrewdly setting the honey, which he couldn’t eat anymore, on fire. It was a glorious evening, but still, he got captured because even he had to go to sleep at some time… The king, afraid of his glorious masculinity, gave him an offer, because those foolish kittens thought he was, like this, awesomeness killer god of slaying, which he kind of was. The king said: ’L0lz, yuo are 1337, we sux0rz, we let yuo go if yuo proof to us yuo be the awesum, yuo have to dr4w a wite st0ne fr0m bag, 0ther b4g has black st0ne. Yuo dies if black st0ne, dr4w1ng will h4pen at meating.’ In his awesomeness the bunny understood the primitive language and knew what had to be done, but he also knew that the kittens were vile critters and would always try to cheat, placing black stones in both the bags.

What did the bunny do in order to survive? And yes the bunny did survive.

hopefully its still unsolved ill give it a shot though, didnt read threw all the posts.

He let the kittens choose a bag and told them he would accept whatever wasnt in the bag as his own. Since both bags had the black stone he knew they would pick a black stone meaning the other bag would be a white stone.

Sadly enough the kittens do not understand the supreme usage of language. They say the bunny has to take the stone that he wants to be his, out of the bag, first.

Got another riddle, some of you may know this one... :(

Anyway, in a far, far away land full of desert and camel goodyness, lived a king. The king was dying and he saw his end coming near. He had 2 sons, both equals and quite versed in the arts of combat. The king however could not decide who to place as the next king, as they lived by glorious meritocratic standards. They were equals, and thus had equal right to rule.

So the king decided he would push the meritocratic standard to the entire persona of the princes. He would test not just their physical skills, but also their mental skills. He told them to race across the desert, from one place to the other and whoever's camel got there first, would lose the race. Yes, the first to arrive would lose.

So the princes started their race, not fully understanding the meaning of their father's race.

They both refused to move halfway through the race, which was already progressing in a tediously slow way.

Untill, they came across a cavern in the desert, near an oasis. As they decided to stop for a drink, they went to explore the cavern, I mean it's not like they wanted to finish the race...

In the cavern, they came across a powerfull creature who looked like mighty warrior. The creature however was meditating and would not answer their calls. Only on closer inspection did the princes see who he was and they quickly kneeled. The creature only then opened his eyes and started to interact with the princes, for it is a disgrace not to kneel with respect for a bunny.

Yes a bunny...

Anyway, the wise and powerfull bunny listened to the princes tales, and eventually heard of their race and its conditions.

Then the wise bunny said something to the princes, which made them leap towards the camels and started racing as quickly as they could. And they tried their best to finish the race, to become king.

What did the wise and mighty bunny say?

@40

Spinning off of shadowice's response a bit...

The bunny takes out a stone and refuses to show it to them, insisting that they remove the other stone to see which stone the bunny does not have.

@44?, The Desert Race

Take your brother's camel.

No, because

tennis

is more

internationally popular, or at least quite popular where I live, and it's not totally American-ish

. :(

I wouldn't say that

baseball

is

"totally American-ish"

. Given your exposure to

nihongo

I think you'd have to admit to it being

part of their modern culture as well,

though most likely due to

American influence

- I'll give you that much. :D

@40

Spinning off of shadowice's response a bit...

The bunny takes out a stone and refuses to show it to them, insisting that they remove the other stone to see which stone the bunny does not have.

@44?, The Desert Race

Take your brother's camel.

I wouldn't say that

baseball

is

"totally American-ish"

. Given your exposure to

nihongo

I think you'd have to admit to it being

part of their modern culture as well,

though most likely due to

American influence

- I'll give you that much. :)

Yes, it is indeed

part of Japanese modern culture

, but it is not the part which I'm exposed to or interested in. :D And besides, my point wasn't that it is

exclusive to Americans

, but rather

being a proud aspect of American culture, while being limited in popularity only to Americans and few other cultures, which was the undertone I felt from Phlegm's post. American football is the other category I was guessing, although rugby is also quite popular elsewhere and is quite similar. (but I barely know anything about either of them anyway :()

Well, to both my riddles, Trahern was right.

The awesome kitten slaying bunny riddle

The bunny takes out a stone and refuses to show it, he could also just swallow it, because it's just a tiny stone. But i forgot to mention that, so your answer is correct.

The wise and mighty bunny riddle

The bunny did say that the point was to take each other's camel, and then race, the smarter one would've taken the brother's camel in the night, while the other one was sleeping. Since they both were kinda dumb, they just raced back to each other's camel and raced in this way instead.

Well, to both my riddles, Trahern was right.

The awesome kitten slaying bunny riddle

The bunny takes out a stone and refuses to show it, he could also just swallow it, because it's just a tiny stone. But i forgot to mention that, so your answer is correct.

The part that troubled me about this answer was that it

fails to meet the criteria of "yuo have to dr4w a wite st0ne fr0m bag". I figured with only black stones in play that either some form of alteration or a logical negation would have to be involved. Logical negation doesn't actually dr4w a wite st0ne, and I would question whether these cats could comprehend the logic involved with this solution.

Depending on how patient the cats are, if the bunny were to swallow the stone, they might wait at the other end...

Eww...

heres one for everybody.

A woman at her mothers funeral meets the guy of her dreams they engage in pleasant conversation but never do swap numbers. A week later she kills her sister. why did she do this?

Again, I already know the 'right' answer, and I didn't find it by myself. Knowing too much isn't good sometimes. :(

Anyway, I'm asking that people who know the answer don't post it unless they came up with the explanation by themselves. Just this once, it is very important to know 'who' gets the answer. ;)

Again, I already know the 'right' answer, and I didn't find it by myself. Being completely obsessed with riddles isn't good sometimes. :(

Fixed that for you.

The answer is:

her brother-in-law. They had no need to exchange numbers because the woman already knew it, and when faced with mortality in the form of her mother's death the woman snapped and offed her sister to free up the man of her dreams-- her sister's husband.

Lol, no, I'm not obsessed with riddles. I don't like riddles much because I'm not very good at solving them, for I'm only good with my left brain and my right brain isn't trained enough. :) Puzzles, on the other hand, is what I'm obsessed with. :(

Anyway, that has nothing to do with being obsessed or not either, because that riddle just now was brought up to me by my instructor just out of the blue during one of his classes (on creativity) a few years ago. I just have a good memory for these things. Really. ;)

And, if Lan Manderagoran doesn't mind, 'no', that's not the right answer. ;)

A woman at her mothers funeral meets the guy of her dreams they engage in pleasant conversation but never do swap numbers. A week later she kills her sister. why did she do this?

The guy of her dreams is the family mortician.

@Sacosphilz. I'm kinda with you there; I certainly prefer puzzles to riddles. With puzzles I can usually tell if I'm wrong or right. I do okay with riddles - most times it's just a guess, but I tend to be a decent guesser. Maybe it's women's intuition.

@Yoric:

You're right, it just didn't match the answer I've heard, but I think I can bring up some points against it:

If that guy was indeed her brother-in-law, you're right that there would be no need for them to trade numbers, but if that's the case, it also means that she had already known him beforehand, and this fails to explain why she had to kill him specifically after her mother's funeral. The tone of the line "meets the guy of her dreams" also suggests that they had just met for the first time.

@Trahern:

No offense, but I never realized you're a woman ;) probably because I keep assuming that people I meet in online games are male until the contrary becomes obvious. :( I already know you're a fellow puzzle lover though. :)

Since your answer wasn't detailed, I'm not going to comment on it, for now. ;)