Riddle me this,

Metal Bunny

And if it were the family mortician she could have easily gotten the number through the person that set up the funeral.

Maybe she's really shy. ;)

@Trahern:

No offense, but I never realized you're a woman :blink: probably because I keep assuming that people I meet in online games are male until the contrary becomes obvious. :angry: I already know you're a fellow puzzle lover though. :)

Oh, I'm not a woman, but I don't see why that should exclude me from having women's intuition. I think I picked a lot of it up in college.

It probably came attached when I was taking their virginity, which I also didn't have at the time.

:P

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Yoric:

You're right, it just didn't match the answer I've heard, but I think I can bring up some (ONE) points against it:

If that guy was indeed her brother-in-law, you're right that there would be no need for them to trade numbers, but if that's the case, it also means that she had already known him beforehand, and this fails to explain why she had to kill him specifically after her mother's funeral. The tone of the line "meets the guy of her dreams" also suggests that they had just met for the first time.

"...if that's the case... already known him beforehand." Not necessarily true. Funerals in the family often bring together people who have been estranged for some time. Thank you, try again.

I guess the main point that I would like to get across is that a lot of the "riddles" posted here are more like guessing games. No offense, MB^H^H Morgana Le Fey, but same goes for your in-game "riddle." A question is asked, and there could be many possible answers due to imprecise language. It all turns into Bilbo Baggins asking "What have I got in my pocket?"-- The guesser knows several things about the answer (ie, it's something that fits in a pocket, it isn't too heavy for a hobbit to carry it) but nothing in the question is precise enough to narrow the possibilities. This leaves the door wide open for me to tell a story about how

the woman in the above-mentioned riddle was estranged from her family until her mother's funeral-- perhaps estranged because early on she exhibited some homicidal tendencies. At her mother's funeral, as I said before, she met her brother-in-law for the first time. Realizing that he was the man for her and further derailed from the loss of her mother, she stalked her sister and killed her, thus freeing her sister's widower up for another marriage and "guaranteeing" in her sick mind that she would see him again at her sister's funeral.

There's nothing in the riddle to rule this out, except that you've heard the only answer that you'll accept-- you know what you have in your pocket.

Again, I will agree that Trahern's answer is wittier, but there is nothing in the riddle that necessitates that his is the only possible answer.

@Trahern:

Uh, huh. :angry:

@Yoric:

I totally agree with you in about riddles in general. A riddle can sometimes be logical, but at other times a very vague guessing game, at that's the part I don't like.

As for your answer and your reasoning, I have no more valid counterpoints. More explanation cannot be safely posted here without spoiling, so I'll send you a PM instead. :blink:

hehe, that's what spoiler tags are for. I agree with Yoric on the guessing thing... but being able to give a good explanation should be worth something. For me, the explanation is more important than the answer. sorta like getting credit for showing your work... :angry:

Yes, that's what spoiler tags are for, but people are going to read it all anyway. What I want to tell Yoric was a complete spoiler of sort, and since I wasn't the one who posted that riddle first, I don't think I should be the one to give it all away. Yoric, however, probably needs the explanation now because he's convinced that his answer is flawless (and I agree).

Lol, that's true...

But guessing is a part of 'not that great put together' riddle :)

no offense :P

And Grido, how the bunny did that, is another riddle :P

However, it involves mini blast-furnaces and compressed wood and plasma created from sweatdrops.

:)

41.14th 'what am i?' riddle

I am a house of lies,

A flimsy construction,

Changing all the time,

I am the world through different eyes,

I am loss, pain, and regret,

I am happiness, lust, and love,

I am hard and soft, short and tall,

I exist in many forms,

I am what you see and know,

I know all,

I am truth,

I am known to all.

What am I?

*bump* :P

it might help if i said that it describes two aspects of the same thing, splitting up as indicated, also rearranged slightly

I am a house of lies,

A flimsy construction,

Changing all the time,

I am hard and soft, short and tall,*

I exist in many forms,

I know all,

I am truth,

I am known to all.

*this line i find describes quite well that aspect of the thing

it might help if i said that it describes two aspects of the same thing, splitting up as indicated, also rearranged slightly

I am a house of lies,

A flimsy construction,

Changing all the time,

I exist in many forms,

I know all,

I am truth,

I am known to all.

Man? Human being

I am a house of lies,

A flimsy construction,

Changing all the time,

I exist in many forms,

I know all,

I am truth,

I am known to all.

Myself

?

no to both

@ Faraday

'man' doesnt really fit with ''I am the world through different eyes,''

@Saco

'myself' ''I am hard and soft, short and tall'', ''I am the world through different eyes'' doesnt really fit with

I am a house of lies,

A flimsy construction,

Changing all the time,

I exist in many forms,

I know all,

I am truth,

I am known to all.

I'm going for STORY or BOOK (or indeed storybook).

You get short stories, tall stories, hardback and paperback (soft) books. Doesn't really fit with the final section for me though. Worth a punt though.

far as i can read it applys to a lot but not all of it, it's not the answer i made the riddle for anyway, but i dont think

mirror

quite fits.

Which do parts do you feel it doesn't apply? I ask, not so that I can justify how it does, but so that I focus on where to refine my thoughts.

In the meantime, my next guess at an answer is

a television

@godesstda, you could've edited in into your previous post btw

@Trahern, the last bit of the riddle doesnt really fit with

mirror

in my opinion, it doesnt know all for instance, and it would be reflected truth, rather than truth itself.

SpiralDoctor(please use spoiler tags in future) actually got it right anyway, it is indeed

a Book(NOT a storybook though

it describes two aspects of the same thing

the first section is about Fiction books, the middle can be used either way, and the final section is about Factual books(Diaries aswell in places)

if anyone needs any reasoning as to how the answer fits to any particular line i'll explain happily

I would argue that

a book is also a reflection of truth, as interpreted by the writer.

As for knowing all,

there too books are an extension of the knowledge of their authors. For example, you won't find most of what I know in a book, because I can keep a secret. :)

A bit ironically though, I almost answered

The Bible; however, it doesn't coincide with my personal beliefs, and I didn't want to start a holy war in the forums. But if you take it from the perspective of being a book whose author is all-knowing, it could work too.

At any rate, even if it's wrong, I still like my answer. Good riddle - I look forward to the next. :)