Experience points vs. won battles

To get to the next mindpower level, you need to win a certain number of battles. In the case of mpl 3 to 4, it is 100. The system also tracks experience points earned. These seem extraneous.

A particular problem develops if you are of herioc stature. That is, if you tend to fight big fights rather than certain victories, you accumulate more experience points faster. The problem is that the system maxes you out on exp and you gain no further benefit from winning battles until you get 100 wins.

This seems to cap how far you can develop your character and your arsenal of creatures. It would seem that those who choose evenly matched fights and greater challenges to secure their victories should be rewarded more than those who only attack when guaranteed of victory.

Whining status: complete.

K

how about this: when you reach the max xp but not the fight, you shold be given those wins to your creature and no xp

give the players the same benefits so they can have equal amount of fights/stats/xp at the end of each mp (i m refering at the minimum requirement)

• 2 weeks later...
how about this: when you reach the max xp but not the fight, you shold be given those wins to your creature and no xp

give the players the same benefits so they can have equal amount of fights/stats/xp at the end of each mp (i m refering at the minimum requirement)

I totally agree... great idea for previous "issue" :P

• 2 months later...

I like this idea. It would solve a lot of issues.

I like the suggestion very much, especially since I maxed out two characters in MP3. One as 34 wins, the other at 66. After that it was like -- why keep playing? At last I accepted I had no choice but to walk around killing people with my extremely underdeveloped creatures.

Now that I have said I like the suggestion... It is clear that Manu wanted to limit the amount of power a player can accumulate at any level. I see two reasons for this, (a) to limit the number of god-like players, and (B) to prod people to take the next step forward. The problem the the suggested solution is that it would remove any caps on development in a given level. The Player XP gets ignored except for MD Shop purchases and a few other things. At first glance the suggestion seems to permit what Manu was trying to prevent.

Here's an alternative solution that might better serve both needs. Once player Max XP is reached the player stops accumulating XP. Creatures continue to accumulate wins so long a you are below the required number of fights. Creature XP is accumulated as a decreasing rate. For instance, the XP earned could be scaled by the ratio of the number of wins you still need to the number of wins required. In this scheme if you need 100 wins and already have 80 you will only net 20%, i.e. (100 - 80) / 100 , of the XP.

It's still possible to exploit this at MP4 and above as one could simply deliberately fail to increment the win counter. Preventing this might be be possible by using the ratio of victories to the total number of battles fought. This will keep getting lower (and can be made to get small very fast) so that the amount of benefit drops as the number of battles goes up while the number of victories remains the same.