Bushies automatically watered by rain

Change

Some more ideas include:

Rainwater helping to regenerate resources.

Overwatering--if a bushie is at 40/40 water, and then gets given 40 water from someone (80/40 water), it become waterlogged, and can't produce any fruit for a certain amount of time.

Extra growth--If a bushie is left unharvested (when it's fully grown) for 10 minutes, it will lose 10 water. This process can repeat indefinitely. For each time this happens, an extra bushie will be harvested. For example:

Change waters a bushie with 40 water.

The bushie is ready to be harvested. 1 bushie resource will be produced if it's harvested now.

10 minutes pass. The bushie loses 10 water. Change adds 10 more water.

The bushie is ready to be harvested. 2 bushie resources will be produced if it's harvested now.

etc.

The basic idea is that it's more efficient (water wise) to leave bushies fully grown and beautiful for as long as possible. Of course, someone could be mean and take the bushies for themselves while someone is waiting. :P

Note: It would need to be possible for people to overwater a bushie for the overwatering to work.

Edited by Change

I believe maybe it should only fill it to a certain amount. Such as 5 water per hour that it is raining. That way it would still require more player interaction than weather.

That somewhat defeats my purpose. Ideally you could have everyone going off somewhere for a few days and then have them come back to bushies.

Also, I'd think this would increase stealing. It's like resources kind of. The longer it's left to grow, the more can be harvested at once. However, that increases the chances of someone coming and stealing them.

the initial idea of the post i agree with, this is a great idea, as in the idea of it affecting resources,as for the idea of extra growth, i think this would be a more negative aspect to it and would be a bad idea, but having weather spells affecting resources helps make the realm more dynamic and alive, and actually adds more functionality to the weather spells, adding to that it would be great if other spells also have effects on resources, even if they were negative ones, perhaps not too negative, but i do not see snow being too beneficial for herbs, wheres sunlight could be provide extra growth to herbs and so on.

/Sy

Edited by Syrian

So, after 40 minutes of heavyrain, each bushie would be fully watered and ready to harvest.

So, who has the spell for rain would be able to gather "bushies" whenever he/she wants ?

Great idea, great abuses.

Any idea on how to work around the abuses ? I don't have any.

I don't see why having a rain spell has an advantage for players that don't have it. It still takes some time till the bushie gets the water. And every player in MD could grab the bushie. They only got the advantage in when they want it to rain, so they could do it when there aren't a lot of players.

So, who has the spell for rain would be able to gather "bushies" whenever he/she wants ?

Great idea, great abuses.

Any idea on how to work around the abuses ? I don't have any.

What rikstar said, however I do see your point. If I understand you correctly, you want the people who grind the most to get the most resources? That is, those who put the most effort into gathering resources when they regenerate, day after day after day (like you). Allowing a spell to essentially produce 'free' bushies would allow people to get bushies without any effort (other than waiting for their spellcasts to regen.) Except, of course, for the effort that they put in to get the spell in the first place.

A way to work around the abuses would be to slow the growth of bushies. Make them take around 12 hours to grow, so that potentially people from all timezones can gather them. Basically make it so that the person with the rain spell can't cast it at a time that's advantageous to them as much as they would be able to with my original idea.

Edited by Change

@Change: you didn't answered me: Who has the spell ?

I grind resources as sometimes it is the only thing I have time for.

I grind resources like others grind stats.

And yes, that is correct: I " want the people who grind the most to get the most resources". If you don't care about resources, then why should you have them ?

Don't get it wrong, I don't care about this feature but I only see it as abuse-able by the spellcaster or its friends.

Also, if I am not mistaken, wouldn't your "feature" work against those with sand castles (not that I have one) ?

Do you despise them that much ?

As with sandcastles, I don't think it will change that much.

Ann. 2654 - [2013-06-22 12:13:32 - Stage 12]
It will now rain from time to time.

From this announcement we already know that it's going to rain more in MD. And this feature will not give more players the rain wheater spell. It would only encourage the people that have it to use it more. But I must say that I was also worried about sandcastles with that new announcement and this feature doesn't help for the sandcastle builders.

Sadly, I've never gotten to make a sand castle yet. I need to ask around more, probably. I'm not sure what ingredients are used in making sandcastles, but I'd assume that no sand would be lost when they melt. I'm guessing that they would only melt from heavyrain as well, or something like that.

And yes, that is correct: I " want the people who grind the most to get the most resources". If you don't care about resources, then why should you have them ?

Someone who doesn't grind for resources can care about it just as much or more than someone who grinds for them. Likewise, someone who grinds for a resource can care about it just as much or more than someone who doesn't. You could spent months developing a garden shed, for instance. You can spend months developing a quest about said resource. Those months of development don't involve grinding--they involve thinking about what the quest would involve, how it would be run, etc. Grinding is only one way among many that people can use to show their dedication to a cause.

Anyways, back on topic--I'd have to understand how sandcastles are made better to comment on this. It would make building sandcastles in MD more like building sandcastles in real life though. :P Perhaps some experienced sand castle builders can offer more opinions?

Edit: Also, I'm not sure who has the spell, No one. I get the impression that only a few people do, though. Edited by Change