Magicduel Wiki

Hnn.. list so far:

heluba

Glaistig

Chewett

Tiberius Reign (? supported idea of article attempt, didn't really say he would want to help though)

._.

Ahm, doesn't anyone who posted on this topic a long time ago want to help with this? Or someone since then? Opportunity to shine! Participate in this great endeavor! Voice your generous willingness to help!

Well, maybe writing an article doesn't really take a lot of people.. Just, that, neither I nor Chewett wants to write the actual thing; don't know about heluba or Tiberius. A volunteer for writing the thing? There isn't much point to gathering information/sources and having people volunteer for copyediting/proofreading if no one is going to write it. Otherwise just general suggestions from people would be good enough--I just think it'd be cool for this to be a cooperative production.

Maybe all my suggestions were discouraging. :'D No, honestly, come out, we don't have to do things the way I said, I was just getting excited and thinking it might be a good that way so threw it out; you can just tell us, you know, you think it should be done another way, it won't matter to anyone, I know nothing about writing articles, yeah.

Erm, so let's wait a bit and see if anyone else wants to help.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not just make a wiki like the WoWwiki? I know you are worried about spoilers, but I don't think that everyone is able to edit and change articles as they see fit. They need access, it's like an account. And there you can put all the histories and backgrounds and creature lores and what not that you like.

[edit]

Ah, just saw this page and Glaistig's post. Somehow missed it. Well I can see the point, but then again, whether or not there will be things that can be considered spoilers is up to the creators. The people looking up the game will be people interested in this type of game. If they don't get spoilers they will understand. I see it more of a background of what the game and its world is, of what is going on and maybe a NICE way of reading the stories (each one has its own line, not all mixed together).

I still say it's better than the Wikipedia one. I would use the Wikipedia article more like a quick explanation and reference to the other one, where more can be read.

No, I don't think you understood what I meant. I don't consider it a wiki for information, more like the Archives. A place to put information in game in a nice, organized way and in context, easier to read and understand.

I don't see how that would spoil anything, because it is already happening on the forum. But on the wiki it would be organized and cleared up. Nothing else.

if you want me to i could try writing the article is no one else wants to do it.

but i dont really know what to put in it. could i have some bullet points perhaps to help me along?

As long as I am stuck in bed because of my leg, I might as well make an attempt at drafting a Wikipedia entry. What should be on it is a good question. I'll draft something and post it for comment.

• 11 months later...
  • Root Admin

not forgotten, since every now and then i have jotted a few key ideas down for this article. But never have time to explain it

Anyone that wants to go ahead and write something on wikipedia then go ahead.

[quote name='Chewett' date='05 August 2009 - 04:45 PM' timestamp='1249505133' post='38801']
not forgotten, since every now and then i have jotted a few key ideas down for this article. But never have time to explain it

Anyone that wants to go ahead and write something on wikipedia then go ahead.
[/quote]

Well feel free to message me any notes you have and I'll give a stab at it. There are plenty of other game sites on wikipedia and articles about browser based games. I was thinking we could get MD listed on those as well. I have a few other ideas that could help but I'm still recovering from moving and have a ton on my plate at the moment, but I'm willing to help.

[quote name='Kentor' date='11 June 2008 - 03:26 AM' timestamp='1213179979' post='9643']
I contribute to Wikipedia and maintain a few articles there, and I would not consider Magic Duel notable nor would the vast majority of the more significant contributors. I think you guys have a significant misunderstanding of what Wikipedia is.

Wikipedia is not an indiscriminate assortment of articles. It is not a source of news, nor a place to document what you believe is interesting. It is not an outlet for original thought, primary research, or even direct documentation. It is not a manual, not a directory, and most definitely not a place for advertisement.

Wikipedia is a free open encyclopedia that is provided in a variety of languages. Stop and think about that for a second. You are trying to submit Magic Duel as part of an encyclopedia, a game that hasn't even reached the end of its alpha cycle that has a relatively small user base and has never once been mentioned by a vetted reputable source in any context even in passing.

It doesn't matter how unique the game is, or whether it's excellent or horrible -- it must be notable with objective evidence to support that claim.
[/quote]

Is this incorrect?