In case you ever want to send a user back to the navigation page

So I've been fiddling with this for a while.

If you add the following line to your JS, it will send the user back to the navigation page as if they had clicked on the compass icon.  This reloads the iframe, and does not change the page content (which is much better and smoother than reloading the whole page).

window.top.document.getElementById('pagecontent').src = '/ifrm/ifrm.navigation.php';

There is of course ways to redirect to any page internally.  Just fire up the console and pay attention to the network and see what those respective links are.

-Awi

• Root Admin

Im not sure we want this here, because redirecting the user to the wrong link will get them banned. as a FYI.

I dont think the ability to do this, outweighs the fact you could end up banning your user.

• Root Admin

You have urls that could auto-ban someone?  That seems... extreme.

I suppose I was just assuming that everything that should be viewable is?

We give users full access to coding javascript and html. Its not extreme and has been there for years.

If you dont use the interface to change pages, some movements will ban you.

Interesting.  Is it possible to release a list of those so I don't accidentally ban myself?

Remember this?

Ann. 704 - [2009-03-01 21:44:14 - Alpha 8]
Warning: several cheats have been traped with automatic _heavy_ penaliations. Players that will get into such traps will have no excuse whatsoever and the penalisations wont be lifted regardless whos advice they followed to get there. That is valid for bugtesters too! Most of you make a big confusion between discovering bugs and trying to abuse the system, from now on searching for new bugs will be on your own risk. Advice to unaware players, do not folow direct links to game pages unless you know for sure what they are doing, the simple opening of certain pages will get you in these traps and then there is no way back.
Note: i will track cheating new accounts suspected to belong to older players and penalise the owner. I am sory i have to use such extreme measures buts its mainly because some , very few of you, simply don't know when to stop.

I think the above will provide you the answer.

Thanks.  I think as long as I remain in the realm of trying to create interesting but not abuseable items I should be fine...

I.e. redirecting back to the navigation page seems fine, but moving a user around the map is definitely an unfair advantage.

Awi

• Root Admin

Thanks. I think as long as I remain in the realm of trying to create interesting but not abuseable items I should be fine...

I.e. redirecting back to the navigation page seems fine, but moving a user around the map is definitely an unfair advantage.

Awi

For those that think "I should be fine" if you end up getting banned and having to ask me and council to unban you I'm not ping I be impressed. Don't muck around with this stuff unless you get permission, as in the announcement. Otherwise, have fun with Murs or councils speed of answering.