Revamp the realm - bring back the Torch

Jubaris

There are too few of us, or at the very least, most of us are not doing anything particular.

Let's build something happenings will revolve around.

Torch competition with rewards system implemented (and not for them to stay on hold for years like the last time!) and simple mechanism for everyone to be able to give their part is one of the answers.

It will stimulate mainland activity, people will start working together and will appreciate their lands more, this all stimulates realm's life itself.

Perhaps Torch is not a fitting manifestation for the realm to revolve around in Mur's head, but we have been passive for several years. Let's change that.

Who's with me? :P

Yes, I remember the topic, but this one has a different purpose: rather than brainstorming upon Torch's details, this topic wishes to rally support and receive green light from the admins for the Torch.

Ideally, Torch would get a support and the admins would announce something along: "We hear you and wish to bring the competition back to life. We need to be carefull about X, X and X, yet we wish that this competition fulfills Y, Y and Y. After a public discussion on forums, for us to see community's opinion on how should this precisely work, we will implement it again."

• Root Admin

i am sorry i was away (still am) so much, but i am even more sorry that i never wrote some instructions file with details on how to reactivate torch and many other things,.

I would activate torch as it is, as an experiment, and put a wild reward at the end. If it was closed due to few members, i could do a version called "entire realm" torch with two teams...or whatever..something..anything..because i want torch event again.

I do not remember why it stopped, i do not remember what flaws it had. I just hope chewett knows all this stuff..

if HE has time to reactivate it, and considers there is no major issue running it again , i agree to hold this event one more time (i will add a special flavor to it, if chew has time to do my requested changes to it)

• Root Admin

i am sorry i was away (still am) so much, but i am even more sorry that i never wrote some instructions file with details on how to reactivate torch and many other things,.
I would activate torch as it is, as an experiment, and put a wild reward at the end. If it was closed due to few members, i could do a version called "entire realm" torch with two teams...or whatever..something..anything..because i want torch event again.

I do not remember why it stopped, i do not remember what flaws it had. I just hope chewett knows all this stuff..

if HE has time to reactivate it, and considers there is no major issue running it again , i agree to hold this event one more time (i will add a special flavor to it, if chew has time to do my requested changes to it)

We were working on some illusions to make torch more interested and balanced FYI, yim/email me if you want to know more. You stopped working on it and i started working on other things as i was waiting on you to fix a bug (i wasnt coding at the time). Later i went back and fixed said bug, but you never replied to a question i sent i believe, so i left it since it was your project.