Announcement Quest - October

Andur

Greetings to the second edition of...the bet.

This month's 'quest' will be different. I will not ask for sponsors anymore but instead..

Anyone that bets on this topic, must 'discard' something in value of approx. 1 SC. Be it resource, an item, creature, or even a SC (duh).

~~ ANY ammount of resource above 10 will count in value (for this quest only) as 1SC, and if such ammount already exists on the recipient when you add more, it won't count as a bet. ~~ 

These soon-to-be rewards will be gathered on another account of mine (a fresh new one). His name is Bookie, and will be idle or offline at Gazebo of Equilibrium always (even if not online, he is still there and can be traded items to him). ~BOOKIE IS READY FOR RECIEVING THE BETS~

You may submit a bet right now on this topic BUT untill 11th of October you must have betted something on Bookie.

So once again, the goal of this quest is to GUESS how many announcements will be posted from 1st of October to 1st of November (00:00 ST)

Tiny rules: -ONE number per forum member.

-You may not post the same number as someone else, be sure to check first.

-Neither I or Bookie do not care who sends what, But please send PM's to Bookie or me (be it forum or game) when you want to bet a creature or item, for the CTC/ITC.

-You may not send ME(Andur) anything as bet or sponsorship, only to Bookie. If I do recieve anything as bet, I will ignore that reason and keep whatever you gave me for myself.

All the announcements in October will be counted, automatic announcements from the System will Not count.

You may submit a bet untill 11th of October (00:00 ST), all further bets shall be ignored.

Announcements so far: 3

Scoring (multiple bets can fall under same ranking, and reward will be split evenly): 

1st place - a difference of 2 between guessed number and submitted value. ( ±2 )

2nd place - a difference higher than 2 and less than 4 included  ( ±4 ) - ( ±2 )

3rd place - there is NO third place.

If nobody gets any place (no bets fit under ±4) 50% of the reward goes to the ONE closest bet to the announcement ammount, the rest of 50% is kept for future quests.

Reward so far: none.

Due to recent events, this quest is now CLOSED and OVER, as there isn't a point or fun to it, the number of future announcements will fall considerably and there won't be more than 10-15 this month, IMHO.

Edited by Andur

What happens to the other 10%?

Considering any trade, direct or indirect, from your alt account "bookie" to your main would be classed as alt abuse.

It's actually debatable in my mind if this use of alt accounts should be allowed at all, but I'll leave it to the PC if they want to do anything.

It's actually debatable in my mind if this use of alt accounts should be allowed at all, but I'll leave it to the PC if they want to do anything.

You may not take actions on one of your accounts that another of your accounts is able to gain direct profit from. Profiting can be in the form of reputation...

That's always been a tricky one, but since this outfit benefits (or degrades) Bookie's reputation and not Andur's (he's merely posting here for Bookie), I don't see the harm. RP-wise, it seems like Andur decided not to run the contest again but did inspire Bookie to fill the void. With a name like Bookie, you'd almost have to..
It will help Bookie's case (and be more fun) if he has a life and personality outside of this operation, though.

1. resources add up and cannot be split, you'll have to know this when you split the rewards

Good point; you may want to encourage each person who bets something unsplittable to bet a type of thing that hasn't already been bet.

2. 1st-2nd place should be "the closest" to that number. Otherwise you can rename this to "lottery" / "bingo" as there will be very little chances to get within the ±4  interval

It happened last time; who's to say it won't again?

Scoring: 1st place - a difference of 2 between guessed number and submitted value. ( ±2 )
2nd place - a difference higher than 2 and less than 4 included ( ±4 ) - ( ±2 )
3rd place - there is NO third place.
Winners will recieve 90% of the gathered rewards (summed up).

So if, say, 3 people get 1st place and 2 get second, the pot will be divided into 8 shares: 2 each for the first place winners and 1 each for the second placers?

No one: thanks for the resource stack thing, didn't know that you can't split it. And in the September's quest there were 3 people who won 1st place ( ±2), again, this is a bet.

Grido: Didn't thought it's alt abuse, anyway, fixed. 100% of rewards go to winners :)

Zyrxae: 1.Fixed, 2.Fixed, 3.Yes, 4. 70% of pot goes to first place (and then split equally if there are more), 30% go to second (same split rule).

Oh, and the reason I am using an alt for gathering the rewards is mainly for creatures that will possibly be used to bet, I can't just keep the CTC's because in case of trading that creature the code is changed, so I needed a place to keep them. Second, I wouldn't want to mix my personal belongings with rewards for quests, as I can easilly forget wich/how much was mine.

P.S.: If someone has the possibility to post the link of this 'quest' in the Mood Panel it would be highly apreciated, thank you.

Edited by Andur

Ave,

No one is right at this setup it's a bingo not someone wins anyway. I mean yeah last time three got first place but what if nobody gets in ±4 this time. What will you do with the funds? transfer them to the next round?

Miq

As a note for the future, if you decide to continue doing this, it might be something to have bets closing on the 1st of the month, that way you don't have any advantage to waiting to the last minute to place the bet.