[WP Quest] Get the Ivory Lighthouse working

Rophs

I will award one wishpoint to whoever can get the Ivory Lighthouse *permanently* working, if you work as a team then you must choose one person to receive the WP.

This Quest is a pat of the Sail West Project:

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/15123-help-rophs-sail-west/

edit: I personally have no problem if you use this topic for discussion of how you or others plan on accomplishing this, although moderation might think otherwise.

edit: added permanently

Edited by Rophs

Question: isn't the wishpoint being given out as a payment for making roleplay easier for you? Is that allowed?

I strongly believe that the best quests augment players' roles.  They're not just challenges, they fit in with the fabric of this realm.  As long as Rophs is not directly gaining tangible benefits like gold, items, or creatures, a quest like this should actually be encouraged.

A very important part of a quest is to help characters develop their roles, not run around like a robot solving riddles and puzzles. This quest requires a player to actually go out and roleplay. Chances are that the person who earns this WP will have done LOTS of player interaction in order to fix the Ivory Lighthouse.

A very important part of a quest is to help characters develop their roles, not run around like a robot solving riddles and puzzles. This quest requires a player to actually go out and roleplay. Chances are that the person who earns this WP will have done LOTS of player interaction in order to fix the Ivory Lighthouse.

Technically, i'd prefer the puzzles because they offer me extensive mental stimulation, (note the word me), adrenalin rush (total excitement including waiting for results) and entertainment (most important part of the quest) rather than days of presumptive and assumptive 'role play'. Not spamming anymore but if this is allowed, then I have plenty of stuff on my mind that can be rewarded with wishpoints. Anyway, good luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

[spoiler]

I want it to be a stable structure able to produce light so that incoming ships and boats can safely approach Golemus

[/spoiler]

What the heck are you bumping ?

Do explain what exactly do you want fixed and how ?

About quests: I understand that part of MD likes RP quests or poetry / essay / drawing stuff, but not all players have access to those. Having skills in that direction is not mandatory in MD and they are highly subjective.

If I can ignore them , then it is all the best for you and me alike.

From my point of view, those quests are out of MD especially if there is nothing relating them to MD (quests played on forum, by email and such).

So, yeah, don't mind if I neg rep this quest suggestion when there are other better formats available (see the clickie, see the quests made in teams, the wars, HC, BHC, special HC events).

I know that Mur threw the idea of MP8, but if you want to make quests outside MD, then please reward it in similar ways (outside MD).

• 1 month later...