HTML 5 experimental creature page

Chewett

• Root Admin

The creature page currently is exceptionally slow for anyone who has more than 50 creatures due to the large number of flash objects. If you are above 20 active days you can test out the HTML 5 interface. It is in work so many of the features of the primary creature page are non-functional but it should load a lot faster.
Currently its a proof of concept and may eventually replace the flash based creature page.

---

Comments can go here.

I have just one comment on it:

Please get healing to work on this asap. First of all, it loads a lot faster. Secondly, it is not glitchy like the current one, and it actually shows the correct information. My normal creature page is currently so messed up, I can't even tell which creatures are dead and which ones have max vitality.

• Root Admin

Please get healing to work on this asap. First of all, it loads a lot faster. Secondly, it is not glitchy like the current one, and it actually shows the correct information. My normal creature page is currently so messed up, I can't even tell which creatures are dead and which ones have max vitality.

Thats the next thing to do, patience :)

• Root Admin

Well, I have a few creatures and this n ew page is definitely a lot faster. Overall it is a huge improvement. I only have one question will the Golden Maxed Ribbon be removed? ( i kinda like it but thats just me:P)

I havent added a number of images because I cant find them in the archive. That is one of them.

Vitality displays(realities?  I don't know, haven't fought lately) seem to be broken in a slightly different way than before.

See images for details.

http://storenow.net/my/?f=4fb03b03a4ad9120d6ef313ed5894a53

Top right: HTML5

Bottom right: old version

Bottom left: Close-up of the pimp with VE above max

Top left:  A new year towards peace, everyone.

• Root Admin

Vitality displays(realities?  I don't know, haven't fought lately) seem to be broken in a slightly different way than before.

See images for details.
http://storenow.net/my/?f=4fb03b03a4ad9120d6ef313ed5894a53

Top right: HTML5
Bottom right: old version
Bottom left: Close-up of the pimp with VE above max
Top left:  A new year towards peace, everyone.

Ackshan, that is probably working as intended. If you trade a creature with 1250/1250 and it is sent back to being at a level with 750 max vitality then it will keep the 1250 vit and have 1250/750 vit.

Correct Rophs.

It would be really neat if this would get applied to the creation of rituals - no healing needed there, nor upgrading, just give the pics and the vitality numbers, that way you don't have to modify it at all? :)

Creation of rituals is horribly slow for me, makes the whole fighting concept a lot stressful

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

Temporary put it on 'click for this slot' rather than dragging, and leave it for happier times? :D

Maybe putting in the options page for us to choose which one will be set as 'default' for all those situations, until it is all worked out to be pre-set. 

That way you get an exit strategy, you can delay it without ever looking back in case of getting weary of it :)) After that, it's just a matter of estetics, while the functionality is present.

• Root Admin

Ann. 2895 - [2014-01-12 01:43:59 - Stage 12] Posted By Chewett
HTML5 creature page has been mostly converted over and should work neigh exactly like the current flash based page. Minor formatting changes are planned and the ability to heal a creature will be added soon. Comments should go on the thread.

Currently getting a lot of "No Image" place holder images for my creatures. It loads them sequentially, then after a random point (has stopped at 40, has gotten as far as 62 loaded) it stops loading the images and uses the placeholder image for all subsequent creatures.

• Root Admin

Currently getting a lot of "No Image" place holder images for my creatures. It loads them sequentially, then after a random point (has stopped at 40, has gotten as far as 62 loaded) it stops loading the images and uses the placeholder image for all subsequent creatures.

Cool, thats an issue with slow internet connection and a poor browser not multithreading the image download. Iv boosted the time for the image and that should be resolved.