Training

Aeoshattr

Due to the low population of the game at the moment and also due to the fact that I have picked up creatures once more just a week ago, it is terribly difficult to progress.

While I am probably in no position to make demands, I would like to ask for the help of Lorerootians. I will probably drop my badge for a short period of time, so that I may train with you. I am mostly looking to get to perfect balance and then get back within the GotR, since as far as I know being in an alliance preserves your balance if it's perfect. 

Again, I hope I don't come across as needy or rude, but I figured if there's anyone I may ask for such a service, then it's the people of Loreroot.

If possible, please confirm if you are willing to help me out. I already have Sunfire's approval, and while I could, theoretically, train just with him, it would go a lot faster if I had the support of more people.

Thank you

Aeo

EDIT: Realised stat damage was because some attack with summoned army :( my bad

Edited by Aeoshattr

It does - I can't attack other GotR people while in GotR and you guys are more likely to actually give me tips on rituals, etc rather than just set some popes up and tell me to beat 'em up :)

Oh right! I forgot :3

Oh lol this is public

• Root Admin

While I am probably in no position to make demands, I would like to ask for the help of Lorerootians. I will probably drop my badge for a short period of time, so that I may train with you. I am mostly looking to get to perfect balance and then get back within the GotR, since as far as I know being in an alliance preserves your balance if it's perfect. 

Alliance attack cooldown is the same nowadays.

Alliance attack cooldown is the same nowadays.

It does - I can't attack other GotR people while in GotR and you guys are more likely to actually give me tips on rituals, etc rather than just set some popes up and tell me to beat 'em up :)

Also, @ Ary, I really appreciate your popes!

I just feel terrible about abusing only your popes... :|

Alright, I'm thinking. While it may seem a bit unfair for others, I would much prefer doing this inside Loreroot, as it was initially meant for people within Loreroot. I will try and keep it near the entrance, so that you all don't have to bust your AP on actually getting to the location. I will put up some details. I believe that for the sake of keeping the topic clean and not spammy, IF the location is inconvenient, PM me on the forum with a suggestion. Also, please PM me with times (hours + timezones please.) when you guys are free. The population isn't that great, so we can't keep this running 24/7 for now. 

Here's what I'm thinking so far:

Time: Anything during GMT daytime, from 8 AM to 22 PM GMT time. I will narrow this down based on other people's free time frames.

I will also come up with a set of rules (probably very similar to GGG rules). Glad to see people interested in this! :)

That moment when I get negative rep from someone not even involved in the topic. 

This was initially a request for help addressed to Lorerootians, Nim. I am more than willing to turn this into a public thing, as I'm sure everyone (even the particular one whom is currently negative repping me) would benefit from it, however please don't go with "I'll break the rules and ruin it all for you" from the very start or I might just as well keep it all private.

Unless that's a joke and I'm taking it too personally, the above is meant very seriously. Humour is sometimes difficult to pick up in text only, so if I missed it out, my apologies.

rules arnt needed :) there was a mini training ground type thing for mp3s at MDP, there was no rules, no official training even went on there, we just did what we needed, talked about what each person wanted, and set specific rits to try and help each other out, there was non damage, and damage attacks flying about everywhere, but it was controlled, no rules, no formality, just a few friends (me ary and asthir) teaching and helping each other and newer mp3s that came along and found us, rules turn people away, rules make people want to break them, they are authoritative and not needed, just be friendly, train, have fun, be kind to one another and if needed, take precautions against people outside your group, because it will happen that rits get broken, you should expect it, and if you want to train in your own way, work to mitigate it from your own standing, not through trying to control theirs, set extra rits, tell each other to hold on while you set another, set cover rits, make sure you dont random, there are things you can do YOURSELF that dont need you to impose on others

Sy

Edited by Syrian

My bad. I understand it was a mistake to suggest something like organised training for internal Loreroot purposes. 

Delete the thread, lock it, post it on the front page for shaming, do whatever. I no longer require training.

I apologise to whomever I may have offended.

Well, if the post were meant for public forum, just a reply about "don't set rules" would've been enough. There really was no need for any negative reputation. I mean, Aeo didn't curse, spam, troll or mean to insult anyone when he wrote "I will also come up with a set of rules (probably very similar to GGG rules)". 

I suppose everyone just wanted to throw some negative reputation and push some buttons. 

The moment you set up rules, be assured i'll break them. :)

Well done, LHO. Breaks rules rather than enforcing them.

Also, makes people leave rather than making them stay. Cheerio, cheerio.

Gotta let Grido know about this

I neg repped him as well. He's not a noob. He is old enough to know what GGG triggers in many of us (us = anti GGG).

dee dee, I would not go there if I were you. Concerning LHO matters you're a total disaster.

Also Nimrodel was being honest. Is that a crime? I didn't say it the same way but my words were pointing in the same direction: don't set rules because we'll break them.

CheerioS, cheerioS! :D

No, it's no crime to be honest. However, she's old enough to know other ways to point out that problem. "Don't set rules" and explaining about the GGG could have been one of the ways.

Also, I really doubt anyone points out such a problem and threatens to get in the way of training just because he or she doesn't like the way someone else trains.

Well, if the post were meant for public forum, just a reply about "don't set rules" would've been enough. There really was no need for any negative reputation. I mean, Aeo didn't curse, spam, troll or mean to insult anyone when he wrote "I will also come up with a set of rules (probably very similar to GGG rules)". 

I suppose everyone just wanted to throw some negative reputation and push some buttons. 

No, atleast not in my situation. I used the reputation system as it was intended. To show approval or dissapproval of a post or idea. You should read up on it's intended purposes before assuming things like that.

I did not like the idea of rules being imposed. As Syrian said, they aren't needed if you know what you're doing.

@Aeoshattr, you got a little negative reputation, get over it. It's no reason to abandon the GoTR alliance. Seriously it means very little in the grand scheme of MD.

No, it's no crime to be honest. However, she's old enough to know other ways to point out that problem. "Don't set rules" and explaining about the GGG could have been one of the ways.

Also, I really doubt anyone points out such a problem and threatens to get in the way of training just because he or she doesn't like the way someone else trains.

Not everyone is an expert in diplomacy. And some don't even want to be.

Imo a kick in the butt or a hit on the head done properly and at the right time are more efficient than tons of written words and examples and talks. But heh...this is me, born and raised in a violent country :P

LE: everyone nailed it! Thank you!

Edited by dst

Okay. 

Dst has a point. Yes, I see that some people do not like rules or GGG. I have genuinely forgotten all the drama about GGG. At that time, I saw nothing negative in it and never really participated in the war on GGG. Hence it was out of my memory, as it was... what 4 years ago? 3 years ago? 

@dst - I take utterly no offense in your post and I take it as advice. You were clear, blunt, to the point, but not rude or aggressive. I have absolutely no problem with what you said. If anything, I appreciated it.

Lin, DD, thank you for standing up for me, but I do not think an LHO report would solve anything.

I have abandoned the idea of training entirely and furthermore, I do not wish to make it seem like I'm trying to get something out of this.

The problem that seems to elude Everyone and Nimrodel and perhaps Sy to a point, unless I'm reading her posts wrong, is that Nimrodel openly bullied me into abandoning this idea. I did not save the GoE chatlogs, nor have I any intention of pursuing this to any extent of "getting something out of being bullied". I do not wish to quote Nim, as I may not be 100% accurate, but, to paraphrase, she did say she will summon me out of hiding places or chase me around just to break these rules I mentioned there might be.

Problem: harassment. I did not mention anywhere "obey rules or F off", "obey rules or I will F you up", "you are obliged to come here, abandon whatever the F you're doing in MD and obey rules or else". It was merely a suggestion of organising things, such as "if you want to come and train, let me know beforehand, if you want to be part of the training group, don't hit and run, give tips, etc". Plus, I don't think anyone has to conform to these rules in all of MD, as some people seem to imply. If you guys don't like it, then you could just leave me to sit there alone like a total doof and not give a F about what I'm trying to do. I understand I might have just blown it out of proportion by incorrectly associating common sense with GGG.

I just saw this as unnecessary aggression coming from an LHO. Yes, I have spoken to another LHO and I understand that, supposedly, in this case Nim acted as a player and not as an LHO. While I don't think the two are entirely separable, since regardless of what "hat" she is wearing she still has the power and authority to silence me, I will give her this.

This was NOT about forum rep. Sure I don't like my rep going down for 3 letters; people were showing enthusiasm and when GGG pops up they lose it. But it was a faux pas, and despite the fact that I have forgotten about the negativity surrounding GGG, I will assume guilt for that.

If any other player without any staff function (e.g. average player) had used the exact same threats on me, I would have probably been more dismissive and I imagine there is a chance the reaction of staff members may have been different, should I have called harassment on it.

The problem, as stated above, is when you feel threatened by the staff of the game for not breaking any written rules. If I did miss a written rule about no training groups, please slap it across my face. Regardless of different "player" and "staff" hats, people which possess staff functions have the authority and power to squash regular players for personal reasons and, most likely, get away with it. That was the reason for my "tantrum". 

Yes, I may have overreacted. Yes, some of the points made by dst, Nim and Sy are 100% valid. Yes, I am likely wrong in some respects. 

But please do not diminish this to "he got -1 rep and he flipped".

Also, @Everyone:

Me leaving GotR was NOT because I was denied training by Nim. It was because of internal reasons which required me having creatures; requirement which I no longer met.

As my last two cents, I do not wish to gain anything from this, and I sincerely doubt I would gain anything anyway. I dare to hope for an apology for uncalled aggression from Nim, but nevertheless, I wish not to seem as if I feel entitled to it. I understand that some "diplomatic" methods are not always gentle.

EDIT: Rephrased some things for clarity; also omitted something which I just added.

Edited by Aeoshattr