Ann. 3046 - A possible solution

DARK DEMON

First off I wanna say I'm no real fighter/grinder or any of that, but I see this change as a general problem for MD instead of just for fighters. I decided to open this in another thread since it's a new idea which could solve many aspects of combat, not just tokens, and I'd like to hear the community's opinion.

What I thought of was a double-system: Paying players and non-paying players. Both of these would be separate as far as combat is concerned; neither can attack the other. Everything would be different; the fights, the rewards, etc. However, this would only take place if the person BUYS credits. Credits earned or traded wouldn't switch the player to the "Paying" category, they would remain in the "Non-paying" category.

Pros:

-it will allow paying players to spend freely, and since more competition will be generated among paying players; they will be encouraged to spend more... all the rewards and bonuses from paying can be increased greatly... there will be nothing stopping them from spending... give them all they want

-there will be no "gap" anymore between payers and non-payers, they would be separate, which would mean that the non-payers would also be encouraged to fight to get to the top ranks of their own category, rather than saying "Oh I'll never be as good as the payers so why should I fight?" hence increasing activity.

Cons:

-there are already few players to look for when fighting, now there will be even fewer to fight with. However, I believe this isnt as much of a problem since more people would be willing to fight now that the "gap" would be removed

-all this needs to be coded

I would think and write more about this, but first I'd like to hear what the community thinks of such an idea in general, so that I don't end up wasting my time. It might turn out to be a good solution if more ideas from you can improve this. No solution can be absolutely perfect, but we can try to make one as best as possible.

Edited by DARK DEMON

straight away this favours trading of creatures to acquire tokens so you have the advantage of having tokens in a non paying section, it also doesn't solve the issue that is ongoing about lack of targets with mp4 and mp3, considering some mp3/4 have been known to buy tokens, and this gives them next to no targets, say a paying mp3 finally finds another mp3 after a few days/weeks, and is really happy to be able to train, they wouldnt be able to because that other mp3 would be non paying which is gonna cause more frustration and create an even bigger problem of an already big problem

Sy

Edited by Syrian

straight away this favours trading of creatures to acquire tokens so you have the advantage of having tokens in a non paying section, it also doesn't solve the issue that is ongoing about lack of targets with mp4 and mp3, considering some mp3/4 have been known to buy tokens, and this gives them next to no targets, say a paying mp3 finally finds another mp3 after a few days/weeks, and is really happy to be able to train, they wouldnt be able to because that other mp3 would be non paying which is gonna cause more frustration and create an even bigger problem of an already big problem

Sy

But on the other hand, the value of tokened creatures would also increase greatly, wouldn't it? I believe it would be much harder to acquire them as far as non-payers are concerned.

As for the lack of targets.. perhaps this system could be limited only to MP5?

Not to mention that if you put all donors into one basket and remove all their shopping limits as you suggested, it's just a race of who has more cash and is actually willing to spend it :))

Isn't that how most online games run, really..?

Segregating combat in such a manner would cause a host of other conflicts in the Heads Contest department (we should have one of those :D)

The contests, etc would obviously be separate as well.

It would also make all the payers stop paying, because it's pointless to have an advantage which can't be used. You get advantages over the non-payers through investing in the shop, if you can't execute this advantage anymore, why buy it at all?

No it wouldn't. You would pay to get advantages over the other payers. I've seen this system work extremely successfully in another game I used to play long ago. I'd think its pointless right now for players to spend since they're already way ahead of non-payers

If you guys actually compare this system with the current system, instead of just looking into the negative points of this system, you may think differently, but that is the problem with MD... sigh.

Is the current system much better? Fine, let the gap stay. Let non-payers feel demotivated to fight. Let the payers be unhappy with this recent announcement.

Edited by DARK DEMON

Other games who run this type of thing don't have unlimited cap like MD, in here you could raise your stats infinitely, they put in place cap which prevents you from going stronger at one point. Which leads us to second problem if you don't put such cap. If older payer invested 5000$ so far and he is at top, new player who is considering to donate would see that he needs to spend 5001$ to be better than him, but he feels like spending only 20$ now, which would mean it would put him at bottom of food chain and give him no advantage what so ever especially if weakest payer invested 500$, that means he needs to beat that donation to have any advantage of his spent money at all. This leads to lack of will of donating at all, as Burns mentioned. I hope you see the problem clearer now, your concept just can't be put into MD because MD isn't made for that sort of thing unlike other games which use such a thing as their building foundation.