Summer Festival Tournament

Krioni

Welcome fighters of Magicduel!

The summer festival is rapidly approaching! If you have not read up on it, check out the post here. There will be a few different events, but I wanted to revive one of the events I did a long time ago. It is time for another little tournament! Like last time, this tournament has specific restrictions on creatures, so please, read through the entire post. You can post questions here, and I will answer them as quickly as possible. If you would rather, you can PM me as well. The brackets will be split by mindpower to allow fair competition, so join up!

Important: Read all sections of this post, especially if you plan on competing. It contains the rules and details of how to compete.

The Event

• The event will take place on the week from August 13 to August 20.
  • The final battles for each MindPower will take place on August 20.
  • The format is single elimination, no loser's bracket.
  • There will be enough rounds spread over the days to get to the two final competitors on August for each mindpower level.
  • Once the final count of competitors has been made, details on the dates and times for each round will be announced through the forum.

The Rules

• Each round will consist of one set of battles, one attacking, one defending. If there is a tie, another set will be performed until one person wins on both attack and defense.
  • The creatures used must be ones obtained naturally through locations in the game, not through the store or by gifts. Also, this applies to ones obtainable through locations in the realm now. If it is not available now but was in the past, it is not allowed. No tokens. Yes, I know this is fairly restrictive, but the point is to make you come up with different rituals and such. This also means that places that can be restricted from some players, such as angiens and drachorns, are not allowed. 
  • The percentage prayer power can only be the amount that would give the player 200 attack. So, if you have 400 attack, then the max prayer skill you can use is 50%. 0% Prayer power must be used, resulting in only critter stats. 
  • Both the winner and the loser will submit screenshots of the battle log, showing that the winner clearly. This submission must be made before the posted time for the end of the round.
  • If the competitors do not submit the proof of the round, they will be contacted once about the submission. If the proof has still not been submitted an hour after the warning, the competitors will be dropped from the competition.
  • A case of disagreement in proof will be resolved by the judges of the competition. They have the ability to kick anyone from the competition on their on volition, so it would be wise to follow what they say.
  • Anyone not following these rules can be dropped from the tournament, at the discretion of the judges.
  • No spells will be allowed
  • Every ritual must be fresh, no combo

Signups

To sign up for this tournament, send me a PM here on the forum or in MD. This thread will be dedicated to questions, so signups must be in PM. Send your playername and your mindpower level, with the subject "Summer Tournament". The deadline for signups is August 10. You are highly recommended to get creatures and sign up sooner.

Rewards

The rewards will be announced at a later point in time.

Last note, if you want to help judge, a couple volunteers would be useful to help. Send me a message if you want to. Feel free to ask questions here if you need clarification!

Good luck in the tournament competitors, and happy end of Summer!

Edited by Krioni

You'll probably want to clarify these rules. There are some things in the drachorn cave that you most likely don't want used, but which are technically from an actual location in the game. Maybe it's easier to say 'no coloreds, no drachorns, no angiens'?

Edited by Burns

• Root Admin

>>>he percentage prayer power can only be the amount that would give the player 200 attack. So, if you have 400 attack, then the max prayer skill you can use is 50%.

nad, for example has massive attack but low power, whereas I have moderate attack and much higher ratio of power. Here I would have a big bonus although we would have the same attack.

>>>he percentage prayer power can only be the amount that would give the player 200 attack. So, if you have 400 attack, then the max prayer skill you can use is 50%.

nad, for example has massive attack but low power, whereas I have moderate attack and much higher ratio of power. Here I would have a big bonus although we would have the same attack.

I am actually editing the rules, as these were rules I had over two years ago. Some revisions are going to be made, which is why I want input! This will be revised to no prayer power, as the problem with high stats has come up. I want this to be open to all. Therefore, the rules are changing to 0% pray power, no tokens.

Thinking about the creature specifications. I know some places like drachorns and angiens are not normally available, and only to some people. I don't, however, know all that are readily available, or don't want to assume so. I also didn't want to post a detailed list of locations or something for the point of spoilers. 

So on creatures, let's say that this is a place that is normally available, and not locked away. S, in this case, angiens and drachorns would not be allowed. 

Input is always welcome, and we have a little time. Keep pinging me on questions and such! Trying to come up with different restrictions always leads to a bunch of questions, and I will happily answer them and work through stuff. 

UP and TS allowed?

Some thoughts on this would be sorta good. From what I understand, TS might not be available without something, while UP is sorta normally available. The difference between them may be ability to get to those for all participants. 

What do a couple others think? Want to hear a couple opinions before deciding. 

Again, I don't have the complete list of creatures and where they are obtained. However, if a creature requires something that is harder to obtain, such as a WP for TS or being normally locked away like angiens and drachorns, they are not allowed. 

Assuming you had the AP to get there, can colorless jokers and darklings be obtained in the same manner as an aramor, knator, or bird egg? If the answer is yes, they should be allowed. If the answer is no, then they are not allowed. 

Trying to sum up, only these creatures should be allowed:

aramors,

barren souls,

grasans,

birds,

elementals,

water beings,

remains,

heretic archers,

loreroot archers,

toxicodendrytes,

knators,

unholy priests.

Did I miss anything?

Edited by lashtal

Trying to sum up, only these creatures should be allowed:

aramors,
barren souls,
grasans,
birds,
elementals,
water beings,
remains,
heretic archers,
loreroot archers,
toxicodendrytes,
knators,
unholy priests.

Did I miss anything?

That was the original list I was thinking about, lashtal, but I don't know everything on MD so I just tried to define rules instead of a specific list. If anyone disagrees, let me know.

Also, it was brought to my attention that ally badges affect the amount of rounds in a fight, and therefore the possible outcome. Opinions on if a rule should be made for this? It could be that, since an ally badge is public info, it shouldn't matter. That is my initial lean.

I have only had one person reply so far. Please, go ahead and register! This will be a fun tournament, and getting these sorts of things active requires participation by you guys! At most, it will be a few fights that week, maybe a couple a day. Register so that we can have some fun!

Also, if you have some sort of rewards that could be offered, let me know!

I have only had one person reply so far. Please, go ahead and register! This will be a fun tournament, and getting these sorts of things active requires participation by you guys! At most, it will be a few fights that week, maybe a couple a day. Register so that we can have some fun!

Also, if you have some sort of rewards that could be offered, let me know!

Contact TK about rewards.

Current Leaders of it are Max Mortlock and Pipstickz

Still only one signup. If you can be around to fight, please, sign up! We need both participants AND activities to liven up the realm. If you have a problem with the tournament, let me know. I am just trying to make something interesting for those involved. 

• 2 weeks later...