Display bug or possible abuse?

DARK DEMON

http://storenow.net/my/?f=7711eb071dabe6f556795ee4e7d14331

Eon remained orange in the scene for quite a long time, but if you clicked on his name he was "not here" because he was not attackable. What I want to find out whether its a bug or not is that I cast sendtotrialofagony at him, more than once, but no effect happened. He remained orange in the scene but still unattackable. What's even more of an issue is that this spell should have worked even if he was not in the scene somehow, as it is a global spell castable from anywhere, the target doesnt have to be in the same scene.

Also, I got many errors randomly showing me stuff I couldn't understand, each time I cast at him. Is this something that can be abused, because he's potentially "dodging" my spell? Or is it just a display bug?

As you can see in the screenshot, Sir Blut saw it as well so there is nothing on my end.

Edit: There's nothing wrong with my spell. I tested on Eara afterwards and it worked fine.

Edited by DARK DEMON

Afterwards meaning the next day (almost 20 hours after) when you have probably closed and opened MD several times or even closed/opened the laptop/desktop several times.

Not to mention that as an LHO you should KNOW that in such situations clearing cache and cookies is the first thing you do. And then see if "Eon is still orange and un-atackable". Second: did you check if Eon WAS in Trial of Agony after the casts? Just to be sure he was not there.

Yes, I refreshed and cleared cache multiples times.

To your second: No, he was still orange at Path of Loneliness, so wouldn't it be impossible that he'd be orange somewhere else too?

There is definitely something wrong because I received lots of weird errors when casting the spell at Eon, whether or not he was actually teleported or not (which apparently he was not). I did not receive errors in the past, nor when I casted it the next day on Eara, yes.

Edited by DARK DEMON

He cast silvertoungue on you earlier, I believe spells don't work while under the influence of that?

Of course, I cant even cast a spell while silvertongued. I casted it after it wore out.

Can you reproduce it?

No, because I did not do anything to cause it in the first place. Question is if Eon can reproduce it or not. Or if it is not anyone's intention/fault/abuse, then I'm reporting it as a bug which should be fixed to prevent such spell dodging from happening in the future.

He cast silvertoungue on you earlier, I believe spells don't work while under the influence of that?

Of course, I cant even cast a spell while silvertongued. I casted it after it wore out.

No, because I did not do anything to cause it in the first place. Question is if Eon can reproduce it or not. Or if it is not anyone's intention/fault/abuse, then I'm reporting it as a bug which should be fixed to prevent such spell dodging from happening in the future.

So basically your problem is with Eon. I get it.

I have bad news for you: if you cannot reproduce it, it's not a bug and this topic can be closed (at least until you manage to reproduce it).

If you want more details search the definition of "glitch".

• Root Admin

To your second: No, he was still orange at Path of Loneliness, so wouldn't it be impossible that he'd be orange somewhere else too?

He was orange, he was not there.

Did you save any of the errors DD? I dont see them here.

So basically your problem is with Eon. I get it.
I have bad news for you: if you cannot reproduce it, it's not a bug and this topic can be closed (at least until you manage to reproduce it).
If you want more details search the definition of "glitch".

Its a bug FYI.

------

So, to start with the comments. Dst shut up. More amusingly this time I actually mentioned this bug to you and you dont seem to remember it.

Secondarily, thank you DD for posting this. For all others, I asked him to because I was pretty sure this was a bug.

------

Iv raised the issue before, its an issue because the login system is really poorly designed and the teleport spells sometimes cause an issue where a user has been moved but it appears they havent.

Dont worry as there is nothing to abuse, Eon was moved but it just didnt appear in the scene.

He was orange, he was not there.

Did you save any of the errors DD? I dont see them here.

No, they automatically just disappeared after filling my whole screen for a second or two, so I could not.

Dont worry as there is nothing to abuse, Eon was moved but it just didnt appear in the scene.

Okay, thanks :)

probably some javascript errors. next time use at least the printscreen button. it is better then nothing.
@Chewett: could it be another face of the old issue with the teleport when it failed if the one to teleport had a trace at destination? could it be something that prevented the update to complete?

or can someone check what spells were cast on eon at that moment? / what did dd really cast?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It makes player unattackable at destination scene. So it's an issue. Seems to work with all "teleport" spells and items.

If player gets moved to new scene and then re-logs, that player will be unattackable in destination scene, even if player moves out of destination scene and back to it, it will still say "player not here" even though he is there.

I'll speculate and say this lasts only till next sharp hour and works only if player was online during porting and then relogged.