Slow

Rophs

A spell that which when cast upon its target would increase their regen timer by 6x (basically an anti-tea :D)

It would stack in the same way as tea, lasting for one regen timer.

possible exploits: Would probably work like tea where you can idle for 10 minutes and it will regen as if you are unaffected.

I was thinking this would be a really neat counter to some things, or an overall deterrent if it gets fleshed out pretty solidly.

Don't want someone messing with your quest (because they are?) send them someplace and strip them of their speed. I dunno if it would work as good on allied folk, as it would non-allied : ex, port someone to LOtE, they have loyalty-  the slow is then countered by their boosted stats.

I would think maybe the slow, mechanic wise could also potentially be like a curse.

I was thinking it would be for quest makers, instead of as a general spell. Of course, I do feel that using it as a mechanic of the game should also be founded by the fact that abuse is not tolerated.

Kind of like with the silence spell.

I was thinking it would be for quest makers, instead of as a general spell. Of course, I do feel that using it as a mechanic of the game should also be founded by the fact that abuse is not tolerated.

Kind of like with the silence spell.

So what stops me or Eon to become quest makers?
Silence spell is a "default" one for which you don't need to do anything to be able to use (aka you don't need to obtain it). So if you plan on regulating the use of one spell (the slow one in this case)  what stops you from applying the same treatment to others (since a precedent was set) ?

I guess that makes sense. The idea of the slow wasn't to deter folk like you or Eon, but it came about as the quest itself was a clicky quest and we wanted to discourage folk from cheating the system so to speak. Like say person x promised to donate item or creature y, but did z instead.

But I guess that is redundant since there is a court appointed system. But MD seems to be ruled more by social bounds than legal (game wise), so maybe not redundant?

So, let me guess, you want this spell available in MD for ... all quest-makers except a few (like Dst, Eon and their friends) and to use it against them at your convenient time.

:) that would be interesting to implement .

Let me tell you how I choose to tell if a spell is good or wrong: Consider that you are the target of the spell. Can you endure 5 casts ? Can you endure 5 casts for every spell reset (2 times / month).

So, if you don't like it ... don't propose it.

I never said I would exclude Eon or Dst, in fact I have no problem with what they do. It was a thought that came about in trying to ensure people say what they say they would in a quest, as that seems to be a social solution for that specific quest.  I'm sure mechanically wise it would need tweaking, or at least a better specification of its need, but it is a thought.  And I like sharing thoughts.

And that is a good indicator on whether or not a spell could be implemented.  Does the Slow in itself seem a little OP?

Also, I can't tell if "that would be interesting to implement" is sarcasm or not...

:P yes, there is a bit of sarcasm in there.

Anyway, I told you how I look at spells to see if I want or not.

Here is how I see this spell : this spell is useless / pointless / redundant. There is already the needle that can do something better.

And ... this spell should never be used against MP3 or in large amounts against the others.

I have no idea as I never used but ...  :) you can ask Eon :) he knows best.

Also, just by chance I came onto this :

Oh and btw... its almost offending to talk about things you didnt care to find more about, but you talk as if you know. THE NEEDLE NEEDS A MINIMUM OF 3 PEOPLE TO OPERATE. If 3 people is too much teamwork requirement, then what is?

But the entire post should be read here.

-----------------------

As I said, this was just a chance encounter as I was not gonna respond to your question as I have first hand experience with the item.

The Slow spell itself has some merit.  Possibly x3 as Rophs updated, instead of the x6 initially mentioned.

Yes, there is potential for abuse, as there is with any spell currently.    But isn't the thread to discuss the spell itself, not  "how will dst/eon [ab]use it" ?      *sigh*

My suggestion would be like any other Ghost/ChaoticBoost/Locate sort of functionality.   Buy it.   :)

I vote interesting idea, add it.