Voting - fixing ritual interface speed

Jubaris

Ritual interface  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Problem - like with the original creatures page, too many creatures slow down the game because of the huge loading process.

Solution - Using HTML5 as an optional way of loading the creatures when building a new ritual will make it very fast.

At first, the feature may be raw and "click for this slot" kind of thing, rather than "drag and put on slot you want", but it is practical anyway. Style-ing it can come later.

Why this topic?

Chewy stated things make him code are fun things to code, public support for an idea, and Mur replying on emails, so please vote on one of the options. This is a good sign of MD's activity in general as well.

• Root Admin

So, the poll indicates that 11 people are saying that this is the most important feature and thing that needs to be worked on, in the entirety of MD?

For those that said yes, would you say this is true?

That there is nothing else at all that could make your MD experiance better than changing how fast you can create rituals?

I would say that it is meaningless to my experience, however experience with how hard ritual setting can be when you have an excessive amount of creatures I can see why it would prove an obstacle for newish players (although, noticeable slowdown doesn't seem to begin until 50+, which is way more than a "new" player would have - by then they should already have a good idea of whether they like MD or not)

• Root Admin

I would say that it is meaningless to my experience, however experience with how hard ritual setting can be when you have an excessive amount of creatures I can see why it would prove an obstacle for newish players (although, noticeable slowdown doesn't seem to begin until 50+, which is way more than a "new" player would have - by then they should already have a good idea of whether they like MD or not)

Agreed, The ritual page has always been usable for new players and accounts. 50+ is where the slowdown starts to appear.

Not necessarily the most important, but does requires some attention. It's an idea I'd like to see put in practice, at some point.

Yeah, See that wasnt what this poll was trying to achieve (accord to R) if you didnt think this was the most important you should have said no and then explained why. I raised the issues that people see it as "Yes means they think the issue should be fixed at some point" but he didnt seem to agree.

@Kyph: "Not a priority" option was intended to be covered with voting option number 3, the example I've made there has basically the same context as "not a priority" - yes for the wish, no for doing it now.

I believe the voting poll has covered all meaningful options, please correct me if I'm wrong, because it concerns me Chewy says the topic is leading, I'm not sure in which way.

@Chew: Hmm. I think I didn't imply this is the most important thing in MD to be done.

It's an annoying bug (that 'thankfuly' attacks only the older players) spotted before, for which we already had a solution on how to deal with it since long ago.

When I spoke to you, you said that this is on the "to do" list anyway, but it's been a long time since this is a problem so I inquired when is this planned to be done, are there some factors that influence this, hopefuly, factors that the community can help with.

You responded that you are not sure why am I confused and told me the list of reasons that make you code, that I mentioned in the original post.

You weren't exactly helpful with the clarity in that conversation, so the only natural conclusion that I gained from you is that this will be done if people agree that this is an active problem that needs to be solved, which is what is being done here.

You imply that working on this solution will halter other activities, can you please explain if this is true?

• Root Admin

Any work on one feature will delay another feature. Surely this is common sense? Therefore I will work on the features I deem most important. I deem that the communities opinion factors in majorly into this so I want to see where people rate ideas.

To me, this poll is useless as Kyphis has pointed out, becuase it does not rank this idea against others. From this poll it appears to show that people feel that this is the most important thing to work on currently, however discussion with some people suggest otherwise.

There was never a question as to if I would work to fix this, This, along with a large number of things are planned, but what is not planned is when.

I agree that it doesn't have a reference to other problems that you can focus on, but that's not really my fault.

There is a communication problem, there is not a list of problems provided where we vote and discuss on what will we focus on, everything is kind of arbitrary. Yes, you made a new forum topic about what we think should be done, but those events are rare and an exception.

We as a community are ignorant of the timeframe you or any coder provides for MD on an average level, and what can we do to help you guide it.

Out of that ignorance comes a big interest in some bugs or features that are realistic to be taken care of.

I think voting such as this is a good method to bring that community-coder channel, and I would hope you to use it. Point out its weakness wherever they are so we can make the communication channel stronger by improving those gaps.

And all this because I do think you care for the community opinion.

If I am mistaken, and you prefer doing things left alone and such, no problem.

• Root Admin

This item, that you are pointing out, has already been discussed with the community and they agreed it was a good idea (back when I was talking about implementing more HTML5 stuff ingame), Which is primarily what this topic tells me. This is why I dont see any point to this topic. Im not surprised the community want things to work better, thats surely a given.

• Root Admin

What's the problem with this implementation, does it require a lot of time, or it was postponed because of lack of motivation?

Half of the new ritual page has been written a couple months ago, and is on my testing server. I just havent got around to finishing it. Same with changing the flash to HTML5. There is only so much time and Iv been working on other things.