How is intoxicator supposed to work?

Ary Endleg

I've been looking for this in bug section but I couldn't find it anywhere, only thing I found about it was my own post in Combat Talk, so that made me wonder...

http://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/1902

That announcements says that it can intoxicate creatures and then intoxication passes from creatures to player.

Problem I'm having is that creature doesn't get intoxicated, only player does. From what I see when intoxication hits the enemy creature his stats aren't lowered, he still hits for same amount.

My question is, how is it really supposed to work? The way I understood it above (which is not the case in current system) or the way it currently works?

Currently this ability has no use in fight in which it's used, no effect. It will lower stats of enemy player and make him softer for next fight (if it manages to hit anything in first place), but won't do nothing in this fight.

I'm wondering if the effect transfer is immediate or post battle. If it were immediate, then all creatures in the ritual acting after the transfer would need to have their player received stats altered accordingly, no?

Edited by Myth

I'm looking right now at identical logs. In all cases fight ended with all 12 creatures alive, intoxication effect still in place on creatures in last round of combat, fight was of equal length, balance outcomes were same. Yet in one case intoxication passed to the player while in other one it didn't. This makes no sense to me. What exactly decides if effect gets passed from "carrier" creature/s to the owner?

Edited by Ary Endleg

• Root Admin

I'm looking right now at identical logs. In all cases fight ended with all 12 creatures alive, intoxication effect still in place on creatures in last round of combat, fight was of equal length, balance outcomes were same. Yet in one case intoxication passed to the player while in other one it didn't. This makes no sense to me. What exactly decides if effect gets passed from "carrier" creature/s to the owner?

Good question. Im not sure how the code works here. If you want to make a bug report I can redmine it and have a look?

Actually, I just tried few more things. It seems to be the case that one intoxicator can have only one trigger activated at a time. If you have one intoxicator and you attack player A it will apply intoxication to that player, but if you attack player B while trigger is still active, intoxication won't happen.

What I don't know is, if this is intoxicator related or player related, as in what if you attack player B with different intoxicator, will 2 triggers be applied? I can't test this any time soon. Slots issue :p

Edited by Ary Endleg

I'd have to re-test this, but if my memory doesn't fail me, you shouldn't be able to intoxicate more than 1 player.

So if you intoxicate someone, the trigger box displays it and should others fight you while the first intoxication is on, they are not affected. 

Edit: forgot: it's player related

Edited by lashtal