The Murder Ball!

Curiose

The idea of this contest is to be a re-envisioning of the Heads and Boss Heads contests with a heavy focus on death and puzzle elements.

Participation would be on a sign-up basis, like BHC had. Contestants will be given an item that unlocks the arena location. Upon entering the Murderball arena, the access item would be removed and replaced with a fast use killing implement (1 minute cool down). This killing tool also functions as the key to leaving the Murderball arena - a player may deposit it in the central scene to forfeit the contest and be automatically removed from the arena. Because this is a heavily combat focused contest, a player with a Creature Protection Shield is unable to participate (as this grants combat invulnerability)

For every competitor that a player kills, they will accrue on head. If a player has a bundle of heads, they may be attacked as per a normal heads contest to try and take their heads. If a player is carrying heads when they die, the accumulated heads are simply lost - they are not transferred to the killer, and the killer only gains the standard one head for the kill. Additionally, to ensure that people from all timezones can participate, every three hours players will gain 1 head.

Players who are killed during the contest are teleported to the central location, and revive after 30 minutes.

The purpose of the heads is to access puzzle stations. Each puzzle station requires a fixed number of heads to access, which must be payed each time the clickie is opened. Progress in puzzles can be saved before closing, so you can make multiple attempts to solve a puzzle, starting from where you left off each time. The only things that force a clickie to close without your consent are being killed or going idle. As you are teleported to the central location when killed, this will automatically force a refresh, which closes the clickie interface. Save your progress often!

The contest lasts until all puzzles are solved, or a set interval of time (for example, three days) has passed. The winner is determined by who completes all the puzzles first; failing that who has completed the most puzzles is the winner[s]; and if no puzzles are completed whoever has the most heads wins.

An example arena is illustrated below:
D3i2fB6.png

The entire arena will be a no jump zone, to prevent people taking the tool out of the arena. The only way to exit the arena is to deposit the killing tool at the exit clickie in the central scene.

Edit: Special thanks to Kyphis for helping me hash out ideas.

Edited by Curiose

No worries Curi - and if anyone else has quest ideas that use A2050 they want to try and discuss, feel free to give me a yell!

Obviously an idea like what is above can't rely purely on A2050 to run, but for the elements that do use it, of the people who know how it works my times probably the least valuable ;)

Nice idea Curiose, very nice. I will think about it.

But ... Kyphis, should I point out (again) that the A2xxx stuff is/are not public ? Not even as a list of features.

No worries Curi - and if anyone else has quest ideas that use A2050 they want to try and discuss, feel free to give me a yell!

Obviously an idea like what is above can't rely purely on A2050 to run, but for the elements that do use it, of the people who know how it works my times probably the least valuable ;)

Maybe I am wrong and for this I apologize and ask you to point me the topic(s) discussing these Axxxx stuff.

No worries No One, the topic is right here.

Mur has explicitly told people to come talk to me to find out what A2050 can/can't yet do. Also... I don't recall ever actually discussing A2050 stuff with you? Odd that you say "again" >.>

Edited by Kyphis the Bard

This could in "theory" be done with already existing scenes and publicly known a25 stuff... Add giant unclickable clickies over the ENTIRE scene as new "scene art" for the arena. Then add the puzzle clickies/new arrows over it. It wouldn't cover the nojump tag, maybe for A25 add items that prevent the holder from being teleported (also prevents people from ally jumping, casting chase/prot-chase(is there a prot-chase?), or the holder casting bringin/prot-bringin).

YAY! I'm so glad, thank you No One. : )

I would definitely like to hear criticism on this, however. We hashed out most of it and think we covered our bases, but I am sure there are a few things that could be tweaked/fixed.

That sounds cool, Rophs. I wonder if it is possible to make it so that you cannot cast spells in a specific scene? Naturally, it would have high AP, I believe due to viscosity (?) so I am wondering if the allowance of pickles or tea to gain faster movement would be good... I woul dhate to have people "stuck" in the same scene without much mobility.

YAY! I'm so glad, thank you No One. : )

I would definitely like to hear criticism on this, however. We hashed out most of it and think we covered our bases, but I am sure there are a few things that could be tweaked/fixed.

That sounds cool, Rophs. I wonder if it is possible to make it so that you cannot cast spells in a specific scene? Naturally, it would have high AP, I believe due to viscosity (?) so I am wondering if the allowance of pickles or tea to gain faster movement would be good... I woul dhate to have people "stuck" in the same scene without much mobility.

Might be neat to allow donations (pickles, tea) to players from non-competitors. It's a bit Hunger Games-y but it could be interesting. I don't know how people would feel about making it somewhat popularity based, though.

• Root Admin

what i understnd from this:

current A25 features are not used..maybe they can be used to limit access to stages and such, and to provide pickable weapons...but nothing more

heads are not part of a25 features. heads contest is a well estabished mechanism. However, heads event is a global event and not much used.

I am willing to create heads related spells or items, as long as there is a very clear plan for it and a good reason.

Adding a sort of heads , but not the heads, as a feature to track score , might be a very cool feature to add in a25.

kyph, remind me if we discussed such a thing yet or not.

As a note to Curiouse: I am willing to develop custom quests based on existing features or partially existing features, but what you describe here is not existing whatsoever.

All i can do is consider adding heads count in triggers and such, its possible, i just need a good plan and reason.

heads are not part of a25 features. heads contest is a well estabished mechanism. However, heads event is a global event and not much used.

I am willing to create heads related spells or items, as long as there is a very clear plan for it and a good reason.

Adding a sort of heads , but not the heads, as a feature to track score , might be a very cool feature to add in a25.

kyph, remind me if we discussed such a thing yet or not.

Not yet, no. New discussion.