Fixing the Ivory Lighthouse

Rophs

I was just thinking and suddenly I came up with this:

The quality of the cement is very important for this task. Mixing large quantities of cement makes it harder to control the quality and also has logistic problems.

How about we mix up a perfect cement in small quantity (in a bucket) then put a bunch of fenths in a barrel at the lighthouse and make the fenths copy the perfect cement? 

Since fenths are the universal resource. The question is how much cement can one fenth turn into?

We could mix large amounts of nearly perfect cement at power's ascent and then when it is in the individual buckets for transportation add more sand/water/cementmix to get the mixture that we need.

We could mix large amounts of nearly perfect cement at power's ascent and then when it is in the individual buckets for transportation add more sand/water/cementmix to get the mixture that we need.

But it takes more effort then the fenth way. Why carry all those buckets to the site (and then remixit) when you could carry only one?

Admittedly it is less fun for the group and it is lessens the manly task.  :)) 

Edited by Azrafar

But it takes more effort then the fenth way. Why carry all those buckets to the site (and then remixit) when you could carry only one?

Admittedly it is less fun for the group and it is lessens the manly task.  :)) 

I was just thinking and suddenly I came up with this:

The quality of the cement is very important for this task. Mixing large quantities of cement makes it harder to control the quality and also has logistic problems.

How about we mix up a perfect cement in small quantity (in a bucket) then put a bunch of fenths in a barrel at the lighthouse and make the fenths copy the perfect cement? 

Since fenths are the universal resource. The question is how much cement can one fenth turn into?

Again... sorry just trying to understand why this appears to increase in complexity rather than decrease. Ummm Powers Ascent is only 3 scenes away... how hard can the cement get in these buckets? secondly who is going to check the quality of this cement? Again sorry just trying to understand where the community is taking this?

P.S. do you guys think maybe we are over thinking it and getting lost in the details?

Edited by Juni0r

When it comes to the windows, I had previously before this became a community project had worked to get sand and then I made that into glass. Then I had requested for that glass to be turned into window panes for the light house. I have yet to hear back so I am not sure if this is helpful to everyone or not.

Not necessarily... I think it's a lot easier to replace the broken windows instead of reforging them

When it comes to the windows, I had previously before this became a community project had worked to get sand and then I made that into glass. Then I had requested for that glass to be turned into window panes for the light house. I have yet to hear back so I am not sure if this is helpful to everyone or not.

Junior to the rescue :D

• 3 weeks later...

Artwork is probably needed for the cement-mixer that we'll construct at Power's Ascent. If I had control over how it works... would be similar to how Wind and Rain Pub came about at Santuary's View. There would be a cube that needs resouces (probably about 50 branches, 10 sticky goop, and 200 lumber) and then when it is completed it would appear and once the sand and water is loaded it would take the ID of the 20kg bag of cement and start mixing. People would then be able to take globs of cement and put them onto the Ivory Lighthouse (the lighthouse would be a clicky and allow players to plaster on the cement globs). Then after all the cement globbing is fixed..........