Personal papers editing

DARK DEMON

Every single thing shows an error.

The interface is horrible too, apparently there's no way to change font even? What the style/paragraph droplists are for? They don't do anything.

I think this should be fixed. Currently you cant add images, change font color, background color or basically do anything other than add text.

Edited by DARK DEMON

Technically, I think you can, but you either need to know a bit of HTML or resort to another website to use a "what-you-see-is-what-you-get" editor, which is a bit of a hassle, to be honest.

In other words... It is possible to edit your papers with the current, broken interface, but it requires too much effort for something that should be done by the interface without resorting to a third party.

I'm willing to help compile a list of errors / bugs, if it's deemed that this will help the error fixing process.

I'm reading this as a bug report? Therefore wondering why it's it General Forum... I'll move it, let me know if I've misinterpreted the thread intent.

Could be a new idea, could be a discussion piece, I really don't know...Please place forum threads appropriately in the future, whichever the intention.

---

Every single thing shows an error.

What errors? For doing what? Please state examples, then they can be either explained or resolved.

The interface is horrible too, apparently there's no way to change font even? What the style/paragraph droplists are for? They don't do anything.

Font is easy enough, but yeah, as Aeo said requires a couple bits of html, the issue as stated is that there's no drop down option on the design view with some preset font options, rather than there being no way to change the font.

The style droplists, change the style...as the name might suggest. Highlight the text, select the styles and see how the text changes.

The paragraph droplist changes the paragraph breaks and font size (Heading 1=big main heading/title, Heading 6=minor heading/title), again, highlight specific texts, or place the cursor on the line you wish to affect, and play with the settings.

They do both very much do things, have a play and discover.

I think this should be fixed. Currently you cant add images, change font color, background color or basically do anything other than add text.

Until looking into this part of your post, and I clicked on the options (Haven't edited my papers properly in a while) I had no idea you were trying to file a bug report. These features used to work, something has clearly changed at some point which broke these tools. For the record, the error message is huge to post here, but it's replicable. Picture highlights specifically which tools encounter this/an error.

[attachment=4492:Papers bug.png]

-----

As a temporary for changing colour and size of text;

<font color="red">This is some text!</font>
<font size="5">Here is a size 5 font</font>
<font color="red" size="5">Here is some red size 5 text</font>

There are more specific, and better/different ways to do the same job, but I find that to be the easiest to understand at first glance.

Note: The format does change to the following automatically, enter either in initially as preference dictates;

<span style="color: red;">This is some text!</span>
<span style="font-size: large;">Here is a size 5 font</span>
<span style="color: red; font-size: large;">This is some text!</span>

• Root Admin

Firstly, DD, please read the bug reporting guidelines. There has been a number of bug reports that you havent followed it and it only helps me fix things easier. Thank you.

Your bug report is not helpful, its just negative and depressing.

Thank you Grido for providing a proper bug report. I will look into this today.

Firstly, DD, please read the bug reporting guidelines. There has been a number of bug reports that you havent followed it and it only helps me fix things easier. Thank you.

Your bug report is not helpful, its just negative and depressing.

Thank you Grido for providing a proper bug report. I will look into this today.

This wasn't intended to be a bug report at first, I wasn't sure where to put this. I am annoyed at you repeating that same stuff to me again and again.

I told Grido in chat too before he made his post that I didn't think this was a bug report, because it's not some special case for anybody. It's was something between a suggestion and a bug to improve the terrible interface.

Thank you very much Grido for the temporary solution.

Edited by DARK DEMON

• Root Admin

This wasn't intended to be a bug report at first, I wasn't sure where to put this. I am annoyed at you repeating that same stuff to me again and again.

I told Grido in chat too before he made his post that I didn't think this was a bug report, because it's not some special case for anybody. It's was something between a suggestion and a bug to improve the terrible interface.

Thank you very much Grido for the temporary solution.

Thank you for your feedback, I shall trust that this means you have now read and understood the bug reporting guidelines. As grido pointed out, this is a bug with the interface and previously worked with much success.

I look forward to your future bug reports, as all bug reports are helpful. Many thanks again :)

• 2 months later...