Recruiting from 'unlockable' places

DARK DEMON

Split from a bug report (http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/16295-incorrect-cant-recruit-while-in-tc-message-when-dead/)

~B

After being summoned there (and disabling his adjustments to MD), Orvid was able to sucessfully recruit a tormented soul without any errors.

Indeed. This confirms that the bug is only for the dead. However.... is the above intended in the first place? Should you be allowed to recruit a creature from a WP-access place if you can access it through other means, without spending a WP? In other words, should the WP access be a pre-requisite for recruiting (not buying) a TS or not? It currently isn't.

Edited by Burns
note

Indeed. This confirms that the bug is only for the dead. However.... is the above intended in the first place? Should you be allowed to recruit a creature from a WP-access place if you can access it through other means, without spending a WP? In other words, should the WP access be a pre-requisite for recruiting (not buying) a TS or not? It currently isn't.

Having or not spent a WP shouldn't affect your ability to summon a creature once you reach the place.

On the other hand, the inability to recruit while dead kinda makes sense (although I don't know if it was intended or you're encountering a bug).

Not recruiting during death makes sense, but you can also make an argument that it would make sense thematically, even more so at the Necro graveyard :))

About the general thing, though, it's a pretty nice feature to have places locked, but the recruitment open. If you tie teleports to selected roles, like the kings and gravekeepers for Necro and island-keepers for MB, you open up the option to give out creatures to people without the requirement of trading them, and you can have them actually use the recruit-requirements, too, which would be bypassed if the creature is taken and traded.

It adds value to the roles connected to them, and can be used as teaser, too: Think of an MP4 invited to the angien shrine and maybe seeing a full grown angien in action, that should give them plenty incentive to do some grinding to get to the big boys. It's a completely different feeling than just giving it out by trade.

If you're applying this sort of logic DD then should you also not be able to gain cartography points or sacrifice creatures after being teleported to certain areas that are inaccessible to most?

You yourself have been teleporting people from the Labyrinth to gain cartography points, which defeats the objective of walking around and finding them imo.

I think it's hypocritical that you enable some to access to certain areas when trying to prevent others.

As for my answer: No. If they can find a way to get to the area (not by someone offering them an easy way) then kudos to them for using their initiatives.

Edited by Sasha Lilias

If you're applying this sort of logic DD then should you also not be able to gain cartography points or sacrifice creatures after being teleported to certain areas that are inaccessible to most?

You yourself have been teleporting people from the Labyrinth to gain cartography points, which defeats the objective of walking around and finding them imo.

I think it's hypocritical that you enable some to access to certain areas when trying to prevent others.

As for my answer: No. If they can find a way to get to the area (not by someone offering them an easy way) then kudos to them for using their initiatives.

Excuse me?

This topic was actually meant to be an additional potential discussion about something that might have not been as intended, not a talk about what I can do and can't do. And in this case, I am asking that is being allowed to recruit a TS without spending the wishpoint (using teleportation means) intended or not intended? Should it be allowed? I am not taking any sides .

I do not want to give anybody free access to Berserker's Charge. I only did it for a test. Furthermore, you have absolutely no right to dictate who I am a guide for and who I am a curse for (read my description). But please lets not get started on this here. If you wish to speak of this, send me a forum PM or start another topic. Thank you.

Edited by DARK DEMON

Dude, you are incorrigible .... to say the least.

Ok, formulate your question like this :

I (DD) am not dead and I find out that Dst is dead and she managed to get to Berserker's Charge without having spent that WP. What would you say ?

I (no one) would say that you(DD)'ll say : "She has no wright to be there, this is a bug ..." bla bla bla

... and it will be correct (take into consideration what was said with the death and TC).

I on the other side will say this : how the friendly foe did you manage to move ? being dead shouldn't forbid you to move ?

PS: as I remember those creatures don't cost more then a PM . There were numerous ppl that offered them for free.

Dude, you are incorrigible .... to say the least.

Ok, formulate your question like this :

I (DD) am not dead and I find out that Dst is dead and she managed to get to Berserker's Charge without having spent that WP. What would you say ?

I (no one) would say that you(DD)'ll say : "She has no wright to be there, this is a bug ..." bla bla bla

... and it will be correct (take into consideration what was said with the death and TC).

I on the other side will say this : how the friendly foe did you manage to move ? being dead shouldn't forbid you to move ?

PS: as I remember those creatures don't cost more then a PM . There were numerous ppl that offered them for free.

?

I am not sure I understand at all what you are trying to say, may you please be clearer?

dst isn't dead, I am. I haven't moved, I get automatically ported to Berserker's Charge every day. (is this the reply to your question?)

I'm questioning anybody's right to be able to recruit a TS without spending the WP access, nobody specific in mind. Should it be allowed? Owning a TS is not what's being referred to here, it is the intention of the WP access.

Edited by DARK DEMON

I'm questioning anybody's right to be able to recruit a TS without spending the WP access, nobody specific in mind. Should it be allowed? Owning a TS is not what's being referred to here, it is the intention of the WP access.

As Burns and sasha pointed out, yes, you should ba allowed to recruit creatures without actually having access to the recruiting place. Happy now?

• Root Admin

As Burns and sasha pointed out, yes, you should ba allowed to recruit creatures without actually having access to the recruiting place. Happy now?

Yes, you are allowed to recruit creatures at a location without having easy access to the recruiting place because you will be able to get there by other means. The WP merely provides easy access. 

Edited by Chewett