Viscocity poll

Viscoscity poll for MD Bday  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If the birthday is front loaded (ie first and second day) with races/clicky quests the way it tends to be, people doing those should be enough to keep down the viscosity for a few days after that. If other big ones take place every say, 3-4 days, we should be able to keep viscosity down for those who want low viscosity for their events.

Otherwise, since this is a long stretch of birthday, if the low viscosity ones don't quickly follow the other ones it makes sense that the people running quests that day could ask.

Other:

I would prefer whatever makes the most sense from the viewpoint of the concept of viscosity. If nobody knows what that means (because I sure don't), then I'd prefer some integrated way for viscosity to be lowered en masse for a certain period of time, probably something like a heat vote that, as long as it stays above x heat, will cancel viscosity until it drops below x again. This allows (read as: forces) event planners and event-goers to put in some time if they want viscosity canceled, as well as making it easier and more natural if (read as: when) we run into the same problem next year.

Chewett did say during the discussion at GoE that viscosity is not a simple thing to be played around with. Apparently last time they had to lower the costs of all scenes for this to work. So it wouldn't apply to just one or two locations.

Chewett did say during the discussion at GoE that viscosity is not a simple thing to be played around with. Apparently last time they had to lower the costs of all scenes for this to work. So it wouldn't apply to just one or two locations.

Anything can be coded sasha. I'm guessing here, but I guess they use a cron to raise the visc every certain amount of time. 

Since they obviously dont want to mess with the cron, that's the most probable reason of why they had to lower the viscosity to -20 (so that it takes time to raise again), and since MD is so huge, lowering the viscosity of certain scenes manually would be a pain, that's why they had to lower all the scenes. 

What Pip says can work, but I think that needs a separate topic and a separate discussion.

Poll: Viscoscity poll for MD Bday
What are your thoughts about viscoscity on MD B'day?
  1. Reduce viscoscity for the entire period
  2. Keep viscoscity up for the entire period
  3. Keep a few days with viscoscity and the others without
  4. Others: please mention it in the thread

Where's That Hat ?

The viscosity is at 20 for the moment . It is already lowered.

Everyone that has more then 3 months already has quite a large number of cartography stats if not 20 and above. How low do you want to get it ?

Other:

I would prefer whatever makes the most sense from the viewpoint of the concept of viscosity. If nobody knows what that means (because I sure don't), then I'd prefer some integrated way for viscosity to be lowered en masse for a certain period of time, probably something like a heat vote that, as long as it stays above x heat, will cancel viscosity until it drops below x again. This allows (read as: forces) event planners and event-goers to put in some time if they want viscosity canceled, as well as making it easier and more natural if (read as: when) we run into the same problem next year.

Lowering viscosity on all MD has been done before and there is no real issue (i guess).

But what you propose is to allow some other ppl to fiddle with how MD is working. You want to entrust some administrative (GM like) tasks to random players (that are not Chewett).

Even if that seems interesting ... I would recommend to think twice on that.

Also, there have been quests (something like chasing ... my HDD/head is bad) where there was no viscosity lowering by any admin. If there is will there is a way even if it is just brute force.

In short: this idea for lowering viscosity has no viable reason.

---------------------------------

While we are discussing about viscosity : why was not the viscosity raised back to +40 ?

• Root Admin

No visc changes will be made for this festival. Visc is now currently mainly a negative force on AP (it makes it lower, negative as in the number, not the feeling) and I dont see the 20 additional AP it can cause problematic.

People complained last festival about it and I see no major compelling reasons to do so. Since then we have had the reduction in the max AP damage it can cause and the cartography skill to reduce AP requirements even more.

Thanks to no one for pointing out the changes since last festival, for me to steal and summarize.