LHO Improvements - Transparency

Chewett

• Root Admin

A lot of the LHO's and people I talked to discussed mentioned some uncertainty about actions that happened within the LHO's. Lets talk about how we can improve this situation.

Are there any issues with transparency within the LHO group? What do you think needs to be clearer?

appointment and removal of LHOs, and public explanation of any decisions that are made in regards to the LHO team. even as an LHO i cant say that i know grido's reasons for doing the things he does

there could be a public LHO forum section for public matters and for posts that explain various actions and decisions, and possibly for people to raise concerns and questions and to get an answer publically, that is, assuming it gets used.

Edited by Syrian

I don't think transparency can hurt. But I think it can be a bit of a touchy subject.

If I may suggest:

I think transparency and public announcements (in-game or on the forums; it is not my decision which one is more suitable, and I honestly don't know) should be the default. But, in specific cases of LHO demotion or other events that might negatively influence a player's image, the player should be able to ask for anonymity? 

I'm not sure how the requests for anonymity should be handled or judged. I'm not sure if this can work, or if it is acceptable to offer this option, or if it's better to just make everything public.

It just feels like it can end up with a lot of drama.

Maybe a better system would be something like "information on request"? Any player would be able to inquire about LHO internal situations and would receive an answer privately (though it's important, IMO, for this answer to be delivered in a reasonable amount of time)? Would this work?

I don't know, to be honest.

Maybe a better system would be something like "information on request"? Any player would be able to inquire about LHO internal situations and would receive an answer privately (though it's important, IMO, for this answer to be delivered in a reasonable amount of time)? Would this work?

I don't know, to be honest.

The above, whilst not stated publicly previously (indeed though as a result of lack of public statement, it's been rarely acted upon), is something I've always been happy to do.

I am a fan of transparency, hence the previous comment, but I often don't realise what people want might want more transparency on. I will happily and publicly answer questions with regard to what I'm doing, or have done. So long as I have a record, or memory of the situation, there is no time limit to requests of this nature.

With regard to the public LHO forum, I am happy for it to be used to that end, it currently serves minimal purpose, so it would be good to put it to use.

If you want to know why, ask yourself.

Lol, he ignores 10/11 messages.

I normally wouldn't make such a fuss about this. But the audacity to say that he has a good number of the qualities needed for LHO manager, especially after treating me the way he did...

Edited by DARK DEMON

• Root Admin

It seems that the current process seems to work well then.

Formalising it at:

Promotion: publicly announce on forum, full details to LHO's so they know what they are looking for ina LHO

Not promoting someone: privately announce to LHO's, and message to the person

Demotion: privately announce to LHO's so they know the reasons, and message to the person

---

All of this was done, except the telling LHO's privately, which sounds like a good plan. But it has mostly been working from the lack of complaints.

Lol, he ignores 10/11 messages.

I normally wouldn't make such a fuss about this. But the audacity to say that he has a good number of the qualities needed for LHO manager, especially after treating me the way he did...

If I ignore your exaggeration and the fact that I had actually had a conversation with you regarding the demotion and a few other things...
Let's go for the important part of your post and ask you what you consider the qualities are that are needed to be a good lho manager.

------

I can certainly let the lhos know any demotion reasons

Again, DD:

1 Grido. Numerous LHOs and Applicants. 

Also, Grido has a life outside of MD. 

And.... you tend to ignore when people tell you things, anyway. So I'm not surprised you refuse to acknowledge what Grido just stated above. 

^Especially when you don't get your way  perceive that information to be negative.