LHO rule

Chewett

• Root Admin

You raise a good question, why do LHO's have chatban and toadspeak if they are not meant to moderate and deal with things?

Perhaps we should remove this from them, and make people who actually know the rules have these powers?

You raise a good question, why do LHO's have chatban and toadspeak if they are not meant to moderate and deal with things? Benefits of LHO as a gift
 Before LHO cast chatban and toadspeak explain in chat warm the person

Perhaps we should remove this from them, and make people who actually know the rules have these powers? We should remove if LHO abuse that Spell

Toadspeak is temporary, and quite a minor punishment, in my opinion. I actually never saw it as a punishment, but more of a tease, and I don't see why it should be removed.

Chat ban... average punishment? Quite frankly, if it gets removed from them, I'm uncertain who will be around to do it for them; or how often, for that matter.

As a side note, if Toadspeak is an LHO power, shouldn't it be available to them only? (meaning, not be able to make spell stones with it)

As a side note, if Toadspeak is an LHO power, shouldn't it be available to them only? (meaning, not be able to make spell stones with it)

No LHO can make stones anymore of the spells they're given. Casts were reduced to 4 precisely because they used to make and sell stones.

Edited by DARK DEMON

Toadspeak is temporary, and quite a minor punishment, in my opinion. I actually never saw it as a punishment, but more of a tease, and I don't see why it should be removed.

Chat ban... average punishment? Quite frankly, if it gets removed from them, I'm uncertain who will be around to do it for them; or how often, for that matter.

You raise a good question, why do LHO's have chatban and toadspeak if they are not meant to moderate and deal with things?

Perhaps we should remove this from them, and make people who actually know the rules have these powers?

According to today's discussion in chat, apparently there is no need for the LHO's to have them other than for "entertainment" purposes. So sure, remove them or make them public.

Unless other's believe that the toad speak is an LHO spell for a reason?

Unless other's believe that the toad speak is an LHO spell for a reason?

Talking about currently, not what it "could" be. Nothing has been said about it being a "reward".

If it's meant to be used as an LHO spell - to silence others with a bit of "entertainment" thrown in (which mean abuse would be using it on others for no reason) or if it's just there for some other reason - a toy? 

Well, you never know who can register to our site :P

I think such chat-preventing spells were made to moderate such cases, when you have a new player (or an alt) talking obscenities, or abusing the chat in general. To be able to respond immediately on the spot, considering you assume the LHOs are ever-present.

Older players know better, but they can be moderated like that (but with higher caution and readiness to fire than with newbies).

I think it has perfect sense and it extends LHO helping hand role a bit more. 

Buddies and early-childhood moms :D