time tags for chat

Tremir

would it be possible to add time tags to the in game chat?

I'm often logging in and seeing conversations, and there's no way of knowing if those conversations took place 10 minutes or 5 hours ago.

something like "Tremir, 3.5 hours ago: blah blah blah" is what I'm thinking about, to get around the time zone differences

technically a good idea that i do like. the problem is that would involve a whole new hell of interface chat coding with a timer that sets on each message displayed in each location on the game. not to mention the one timer we do have, the regeneration, often is slightly off due to lag. imagine all the timers lagging and freezing the entire interface. @.@ now, if there was a single timer that told us the game time along with a little blurp about what time in game the message was sent, THAT might work. :)

• 3 weeks later...
would it be possible to add time tags to the in game chat?

I'm often logging in and seeing conversations, and there's no way of knowing if those conversations took place 10 minutes or 5 hours ago.

something like "Tremir, 3.5 hours ago: blah blah blah" is what I'm thinking about, to get around the time zone differences

I think this is a great idea, and space is not a huge problem, even something that gives a number within 15 minutes would be nice... maybe a colour of text change, like

yellow = within last 10 minutes

black = within last 30 minutes

grey = over an hour ago...

This would be similar to the names shown in each area...

another reason it was rejected was becuase any question asked in the chat might still need answering, maybe not by the player that asked, but someone might still need to know, if a player saw it written in grey they might pay less attention to it, while a player still seeks the answer

• 3 weeks later...
another reason it was rejected was becuase any question asked in the chat might still need answering, maybe not by the player that asked, but someone might still need to know, if a player saw it written in grey they might pay less attention to it, while a player still seeks the answer

LoL Grido :D you seem to have all the reasons on why it was rejected.

Can you make a list / resume (write some reasons) here . Because I still think that this can be a useful idea.

Not very often, but it happened to me to see a message, and even if I know that this is an old one I still send the poor dude the replay.

The reason for which I want that list is that sometimes, some events take place and traces remain. It is good to know when it happen.

Also my solution for the "space" problem is to have the "time" as title (hovering a text in the chat should display the time it was sent).

This may rise a second problem : display the server time.

hehe just have an odd sort of memory for these sorts of things :)

i read just about every thread so the repetitive ones i sort of just remember the responces to, and this has been brought up bout 2/3 times before now, one was a very long semi-arguement thread

for slow computers(like mine) this would get annoying cos it would take about 5 mins(if it's being particularly clogged up and slow) to display the hover time. on the other hand any other half decent computer would run it fine methinks unless their browser is iffy.

it wouldnt have to display the server time though, like on these forums you can set where you are in the world and it puts the timestamps on the messages according to your country