Shop guards re-appear after beating them.

Aethon

Yesterday I walked past Willows shop and the Marble Dale Dark only to find that both shop guards and the statue had reappeared. The statue disappeared after I returned to the puzzle and clicked it again, receiving the same message (and sound) as when I first solved it. The shop guards remained (see below)

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

I don't believe I did anything different yesterday apart from two things I don't normally do:

• Made tea.
  • Used GoE spell

Other than that I did nothing out of the ordinary.

Edit: I had solved the puzzle and defeated the guards already at MP4 (I'm aware they are both reset when raising into a different Mind Power)

Edited by Aethon

I get this too sometimes due to flash errors/crashes, not sure if this is the same thing. For me, a simple refresh fixes it.

Internet's pretty fast for me and it doesn't disappear after a refresh. So I don't think it's the flash error.

• 1 month later...

It sounds like just everything has been reset for some currently unknown reason. Im going to leave this open but unless there is some epidemic I dont really have enough information to say one way or another :)

Alright, that's fine. :)

So far they aren't causing a big problem, I can still get everywhere, they're just there when they shouldn't be. :P It's very strange.

Which scenario occurs?

1. You can't interact with them

2. You can (= defeat them again) but they keep reappearing

3. You haven't tried yet, can interact with them, and they might disappear as they should

Edited by Myth

I believe he was asking Dragan, as we already know your scenario.

To tell the truth, I was asking him because I skipped the 2nd picture. But now that you mention it, yeah, that should have been directed at Dragan :p

• Root Admin

i have deffeted them but they are still there when i try to attack again it says You have allready deffeted this charactrer,, but from last night i can enter the shop but there are still there the guards i mean

Could you give us a print screen of the page please

• 3 weeks later...

It sounds like just everything has been reset for some currently unknown reason. Im going to leave this open but unless there is some epidemic I dont really have enough information to say one way or another :)

So far this has happened to myself, Papaver and Dexter (pretty certain Wideberth had the same problems also.) Is this perhaps the epidemic you were waiting for? As it's mighty annoying... 

As Papaver does not have forum account:

f9GgqfP.png

• Root Admin

So far this has happened to myself, Papaver and Dexter (pretty certain Wideberth had the same problems also.) Is this perhaps the epidemic you were waiting for? As it's mighty annoying... 

As Papaver does not have forum account:

Yes I have got her reports and they have replies.

Can I please ask anyone who is trying to contact me for various reasons to not spam me with a message every couple hours asking if I have read the previous, even more so, do not start spamming me on every various method to contact me. It fills up my inbox and doesnt help your case in the slightest. Espically on weekends dont spam me if you havent had a reply within a hour. No name pointing here but please use some common sense.

Thank you :)

I cant debug this until my laptop is more stable and I will be spending this weekend with family. Im looking into this as best I can at the moment.

It would be helpful if papaver did what I asked and followed bug reporting procedure :)

---

I need as much information, from everyone, as they can provide please. Then I can actually look into it properly. At the moment we definitely have _something_ but its not clear what has happened, and when. Timelines are good please :)

For Papaver

I8qRFgN.jpgimTdiGF.jpgeSwjBwp.jpgABKwt7L.jpgjx08AjV.jpgZjBB3Zm.jpg

-----

These are all the same images that I have for my own account apart from the guards (I have been lucky enough not to have them return). I believe it first happened on the date I created this topic. Since then things have been popping back up randomly and then not disappearing again. 

• Root Admin

For Papaver

-----

These are all the same images that I have for my own account apart from the guards (I have been lucky enough not to have them return). I believe it first happened on the date I created this topic. Since then things have been popping back up randomly and then not disappearing again. 

Randomly? Meaning you couldnt draw a pattern? Several have popped up since the first?

Meaning that it does not seem they all happened at a set time. It seems rather sporadic as to when it happens and (perhaps) which order. First the shop guards appeared then the dark slime, for me, but the Loreroot guards are still gone. In Papavers case all of the are back.

The timing seems quite random as to when they appear, though there is bound to be an explanation.

• Root Admin

Meaning that it does not seem they all happened at a set time. It seems rather sporadic as to when it happens and (perhaps) which order. First the shop guards appeared then the dark slime, for me, but the Loreroot guards are still gone. In Papavers case all of the are back.

The timing seems quite random as to when they appear, though there is bound to be an explanation.

So they were reappearing over a period of time?

Paparver when was your account created? What period? Please help by giving me a timeline. I also dont see why you arent just posting this yourself (it would be faster) when you sent me a forum PM about this issue but each to their own :)

Same with you Aethon, but I think I know most of your story. I think Paperver is much older?

Edited by Chewett

Papaver's ID is 250810 and mine is 254077, so I don't think she is all the much older than myself. Maybe 200-300 days or so

DcuwWRC.png?1

It was over a period of time (for me), not all at once. My account was created during the MD birthday so June/July.

I was told by Papaver and another (though not sure who, perhaps Kyphis) that she does not have a forum account? 

Edited by Aethon

• Root Admin

Papaver's ID is 250810 and mine is 254077, so I don't think she is all the much older than myself. Maybe 200-300 days or so

It was over a period of time (for me), not all at once. My account was created during the MD birthday so June/July.

I was told by Papaver and another (though not sure who, perhaps Kyphis) that she does not have a forum account? 

Were either/both of your accounts created before or after all the tutorial changes?

Thank you for the information from her and you.

Also someone claiming to be her has been contacting me about replying to her ingame PM's and sent a load of messages (similar to the ones recieved via email and ingame PM) I will contact you about this potential impersonation.

General notice: Please remember that impersonating someone is serious and I will take any such instances very seriously.

Her's was created before the changes and mine were created literally during. (I believe I was the first to be forced through the new system and acted as your test dummy for a few days :P)

Edit: By forced I mean I had to be forced for things to work. :D

Edited by Aethon

• 1 month later...