Precision Tournament - Heat Dumping

Introduction

Hello everyone, and welcome to this first instance of the Precision Tournament - Heat Dumping.

Description

The purpose of this tournament is pretty much self explanatory. I'll provide the targets - one for each Mind Power level - and you'll provide the heat. What you need to do is give your designated target the amount of profile heat I specify for each of you, or at least come close to it, by whatever means you posses.

Mechanics

1. The tournament will consist of 3 rounds
2. Each round will consist of 1 ritual (different for each round) which everyone will be hitting
3. I will station an alt of mine for each round to act as a target
4. The names, stats, locations and rituals you'll be hitting will be made public exactly 1 week before each alt comes into play
5. The number of profile heat you'll need to provide will differ depending on each of your stats (you will know this number after I know exactly how much VE you have, and what your Mind Power level is)
6. Competitors will attack in no particular order, but one at a time
7. Attacks will not count unless I'm around, active and able to take the screenshots mentioned below
8. Each attack will be accompanied by 3 screenshots which I will be taking:
- 1st will contain the target's name and ID, "Your progress for today" window and current server time, prior to the attack
- 2nd will contain the target's name and ID, "Battle Log" window and current server time, after the attack
- 3rd will contain the target's name and ID, "Your progress for today" window and current server time, after the attack
(heat in 1st screenshot will be subtracted from heat in 3rd screenshot, provided there are no additional attacks in the 2nd screenshot)

Note 1: For this to work, I need to know your stats, more specifically the exact amount of Vital Energy each of you have prior to each attack; the rest of your stats I can get on my own (unless I can't view your profile because your ID is below.. what was it? 1000? :P)
Note 2: If you're uncomfortable with making your VE amount public, you can send it to me (Asthir) via in-game or forum PM
Note 3: MP6 will be able to participate in one of the following ways, whichever will be available at the time:
- participant MP6 to MP5 temporary demotion
- target MP4 or MP5 temporary alliance joining
- target role being picked up by a different player (volunteer MP4 or MP5) which will have to provide the defense ritual I will specify, as well as the screenshots mentioned above
Note 4 (personal request): Please don't attack or in any way hamper the targets and participants while they perform

Time frames

1. Jul 25th - Sep 18th
- sign-ups and preparations
2. Sep 19th - Sep 25th
- round 1 target details are made public
- competition maintenance takes place
3. Sep 26th - Oct 2nd
- round 2 target details are made public
- round 1 takes place
4. Oct 3rd - Oct 9th
- round 3 target details are made public
- round 2 takes place
5. Oct 10th - Oct 17th
- round 3 takes place (1 day added because 12th is Day of Tranquility)
6. Oct 18th - Oct 24th
- scoring
7. Oct 25th - Oct 31st
- prize distribution

Note 1: everyone has 2 months to prepare = gather combat information (which I will not be providing to anyone) and sign up.
Note 2: Sign-ups end 1 week before the competition begins. No exceptions.

Sign-ups

- post your player name and ID in this thread
- add your VE as well, so that I can begin estimate preparations (send it through in-game or forum PM if you don't wish to make this value public)
- only one account is allowed per player

Scoring

- the amount of heat each of you need to provide represents 100% accuracy
- providing more or less heat by x% will decrease your score by x% accuracy (this will be calculated using 2 decimals, if the need occurs, in order to avoid similar scores)
- each of you will have 3 such scores, 1 for each competition round
- a medium value will be calculated from these 3 scores, resulting in one final value which will be your score

Prizes

Case 1 = under 13 participants

1st place: 1 x Wish point (Asthir) + 5 x Heat Stone (Syrian) + 2 x Gold Coin (TKs)
2nd place: 1 x Marksmen - 6 tokens (TKs) + 2 x Gold Coin (TKs)
3rd place: 2 x Gold Coin (TKs)

Case 2 = 13 or more participants

1st place: 1 x Wish point (Asthir) OR 1 GG Drachorn (TKs) (choose one) + 5 x Heat Stone (Syrian) + 2 x Gold Coin (TKs)
2nd place: 1 x Wish point (Asthir) OR 1 GG Drachorn (TKs) (what's left) + 2 x Gold Coin (TKs)
3rd place: 1 x Marksmen - 6 tokens (TKs) + 2 x Gold Coin (TKs)

I'll try to contact the TKs for sponsorship. Anyone who wishes may also sponsor this event, but won't be allowed to participate if they do so. I'll be updating this section as information becomes available.

Good luck!

Edited by Myth

• 2 weeks later...

Announcement

Luck is a problematic stat for the purpose of this tournament. Because of this, I am simplifying things a bit. Every scenario will be thought out with no personal influence involved. Therefor, the following no longer apply:

Mechanics

5. The number of profile heat you'll need to provide will differ depending on each of your stats (you will know this number after I know exactly how much VE you have, and what your Mind Power level is)

Note 1: For this to work, I need to know your stats, more specifically the exact amount of Vital Energy each of you have prior to each attack; the rest of your stats I can get on my own (unless I can't view your profile because your ID is below.. what was it? 1000? :P)
Note 2: If you're uncomfortable with making your VE amount public, you can send it to me (Asthir) via in-game or forum PM

Sign-ups

- add your VE as well, so that I can begin estimate preparations (send it through in-game or forum PM if you don't wish to make this value public)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The announcement I made in post number 6 regarding luck might get cancelled. Stay tuned for more information on this.

In the meanwhile, I suggest preparing for both situations:

1. Slider will not be used if things don't pan out

2. Slider will be used if they do, meaning I'll need to know your VE after all

Announcement #2

The announcement in post #6 no longer applies, thanks to the newly implemented "neutralluck" spell. (Thanks again, Chew :P) Because of this, the contents of the quote in post 6 (re-quoted below) are reinstated.

Mechanics

Sign-ups

Sadly, I can no longer edit the first post to remove the strikes, so hopefully folks will read these announcements. :P

In light of this, I must remind you that when the time comes, participants won't be able to carry on without letting me know how much VE they have. (when doing the math, I'll assume that the attackers are at full profile VE)

Later this week, I'll make an announcement regarding certain abilities/targeting I'll be using which don't work the way their descriptions state.

Edited by Myth

Announcement #3

Since this tournament is for all MP levels, and because I said everyone will be fighting the same ritual, the math I take into consideration revolves around creatures obtainable at MP3 only. Another better reason for this, is that you have no way of being precise when random or multiple targets are being hit.

[hr]

Now, regarding the previous announcement. I said at the start that I wouldn't be giving any information to help, but these are bugs you need to be aware of. Take them as hints. :p

1. Targeting

There's a recent bug report regarding Target Strong/Weak: http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/16763-target-strongweak-incorrect/

For those who don't have the time to go through it: what makes a creature strong or weak isn't the sum of its attack and defense attributes, but the sum of the following: attack, power, defense, regeneration, initiative.

2. Abilities with effects over multiple rounds (Weaken Defense, Regeneration, Martirism etc.)

There will be a bug report submitted on this some time this week or the next.

Bottom line, don't use Regeneration. I won't be rigging it in any of the 3 rounds because it causes heat loss which can't be easily explained.

Announcement #4 - Creatures

As stated before, all considered creatures will be ones available at MP3, only some of which having predictable targeting abilities. Below is a list of the creatures I may or may not use. The fights I rigged only consider the creatures in that list, but you can use whatever you wish if you feel like it will serve the purpose of this tournament.

[log='List']Aramor Warrior (Aramor, level 2)
Hollow Warrior (Barren Soul, level 2)
Heretic Archer II (Heretic Archer I, level 2)
Dark Archer (Heretic Archer I, level 3)
Air Scout (Egg [bird], level 3)

Remains [regular], level 1 --- added
Animated Tree I (Remains [regular], level 2)
Water Being II (Water Being I, level 2)
Water Guardian I (Water Being I, level 3)
Unholy Priest (level 1; next level is also obtainable, but takes a very long time to get to)[/log]

[hr]

Sign-ups end 9 days from now! 7 participants so far; 6 more and a GG Drachorn is added to the prize pool!

[hr]

EDIT: added a creature to the list

Edited by Myth

Announcement #5 - Stats

(last heads-up/series of hints until the first round will be announced)

The first round will depend on your stats as they are at that time. For the next two rounds, I will modify your VE prior the attacks which will count in order to level the field.

Each of you will get an estimated value of current VE you'll have available for those two rounds. This will be displayed along with the details of each round, at the appropriate times. (mentioned in the first post)

Reason: it's a "precision" test. :p Too much VE will defeat the purpose of what I have in store for the following 2 rounds.

For this purpose, you'll need to have one of the following creatures on you:

- Heretic Archer I (MB, level 1 archer)

- Elemental I (MB/LR, level 2 elemental)

I'll use a single target life stealer to adjust your VE as needed. All you'll have to do is set up a defense with one of the above creatures on Weaken Defense, with the slider value I mention to each of you.

[hr]

6 days left to sign up!

Signups have ended!

We have 6 participants (Rophs, Aethon, Nadrolski, Wideberth, Neno Veliki and Mirus) which will be competing for the following prizes:

1st place: 1 x Wish point + 5 x Heat Stone + 2 x Gold Coin
2nd place: 1 x Marksmen, 6 tokens + 2 x Gold Coin
3rd place: 2 x Gold Coin

Round 1 details

As we only have MP5s competing, these announcements will be much shorter.

We'll start off with an easy one. :P

[log=Details]Each of you will hit the following ritual:

Profile information:
- none required

Creature information:
- Slot 1: Hollow Warrior, ID840628 - Heal - Dying Targets
- Slot 2: Hollow Warrior, ID840629 - Heal - Dying Targets

And will need to provide the following amounts of heat:

- If you are a member of an Alliance: 420 + X
- If you are not a member of an Alliance: 1150 + X

The first value represents how much heat you would provide under basic conditions (no slider) and X represents how much extra heat your stats will provide.

- Meeting of the Roads, No Man's Land[/log]

That being said, you have 1 week to get ready. Round 1 begins on Sep 26th and ends on Oct 2nd, 00:00 server time.

Edited by Myth

Round 1 has begun!

I will be stationed at Meeting of the Roads, in No Man's Land, as Mythrandir.

Make your way there and if I'm around we may begin. (If I'm not idle but don't reply in chat, send me one of those annoyingly loud PMs :P)

I'll do my best to be around as much as possible, but if the fight doesn't take place in the alocated time frame mentioned in the first post, your score for Round 1 will be 0. (or less than the lowest score, in case we get to negative values :P)

Round 2 details - Twist!

You have 2 options, and one of them comes with bonus points!

[log=Option 1]No, this isn't the option which grants bonus points. :P

Each of you will hit the following ritual:

Profile information:
- none required

Creature information:
- Slot 1: Hollow Warrior, ID840628 - Heal - Dying Targets
- Slot 2: Hollow Warrior, ID840629 - Heal - Dying Targets

And will need to provide the following amounts of heat:
- If you are a member of an Alliance: 180 + X
- If you are not a member of an Alliance: 600 + X

The first value represents how much heat you would provide under basic conditions (no slider) and X represents how much extra heat your stats will provide.

[log=Option 1]Using the elimination method, this must be the option which grants bonus points! :D

Changes:
- Slider use isn't allowed;
- Mythrandir will be the attacker, and will hit each of you with the ritual listed below;
(= Alliance status ***hint: affects number of rounds*** becomes irrelevant)
- You need to devise and set up a defense to reach the goals listed below.

Profile information:
- none required

Creature information:
- Slot 1: Unholy Priest, ID842038 - Martyr - Dying Targets
- Slot 2: Water Guardian I, ID841586 - Heal - Strong Targets
- Slot 3: Water Guardian I, ID841587 - Heal - Strong Targets
- Slot 4: Dark Archer, ID840124 - Weaken Defense - Weak Targets
- Slot 5: Dark Archer, ID840125 - Weaken Defense - Weak Targets

Goals:
1. Provide Mythrandir with 100 heat.
2. Kill ONLY one of his creatures. Killing more or less than one marks this goal as failed.
(Goal number 2 yields 9 additional points for this round = 3 points added to final score)

That being said, you have 1 week to get ready. Round 2 begins on Oct 3rd and ends on Oct 9th, 00:00 server time.

Edited by Myth

Only a day and a half remain until Round 1 ends. So far, 2 out of 6 have competed.

Still waiting for Nad, Neno, Rophs and Wideberth.

I'll be active:

- tonight after 20:00 ST;

- tomorrow, between 09:30 and 17:00 ST - sporadically;

- tomorrow, after 21:00 ST

Not competing yields a null score. Negative scores are much more difficult to gain since the system was reworked.

If you don't see Myth, Asthir will surely be around. :p

Round 1 has ended!

Unfortunately, only 4 out of 6 took place in this round. There 2 null scores.

I must make this clear: entirely null scores will not be considered when prizes will be distributed.

[hr]

Round 2 has begun!

As before, Myth will be stationed at Meeting of the Roads. Give him a nudge if he's around but daydreaming. :P If that doesn't work, try Asthir - usually hangs around the Gazebo.

Round 2 details are 2 posts up. (last post on the first page)

[hr]

Round 3 details - Double Twist!

Once again, you have 2 options. This time, both come with bonus points!

First of all, the following rules apply to this round:

- Slider use isn't allowed - for you :P
- Mythrandir will be the attacker, and will hit each of you with the ritual listed below
(= Alliance status ***hint: affects number of rounds*** becomes irrelevant)
- You need to devise and set up a defense to reach the goals listed below

Secondly, due to the precise nature of this round, I'm taking the liberty of prolonging it by one week. Everything after round 3 has therefore been moved one week (+1 day, because Tranquility Day) into the future. :P (original dates are in the original post)

Now...

[log=Details]Location:
- Meeting of the Roads, No Man's Land

Profile information - will be updated when the round begins:
- VE: not important

- Attack: 763.50

- Defense: 484.99

- Power: 107.16

- Initiative: 172.59

- Luck: will be set to 0

- Slider used: 2%

Changes brought to this section won't significantly alter goals, but they might, so keep an eye out for these updates. (daily stat gain can cause shifts in combat stat distribution)

Creature information:
- Slot 1: Unholy Priest, ID842038 - Martyr - Dying Targets (enemy)
- Slot 2: Dark Archer, ID840124 - Weaken Defense - Dying Targets (enemy)

- Slot 3: Water Guardian I, ID841586 - Heal - Weak Targets (friendly)

- Slot 4: Aramor Warrior, ID840121 - Damage - Dying Targets (enemy)

- Slot 5: Water Being II, ID841585 - Heal - Strong Targets (friendly)

Goals:

Option 1 - same twist as round 2:

1. Provide Mythrandir with 195 heat

2. Kill EXACTLY 3 (three) creatures in the ritual above

(Goal number 2 yields 15 additional points for this round = 5 points added to final score)

Option 2 - risky twist:

1. Provide Mythrandir with EXACTLY 420 heat

2. Kill EXACTLY 2 (two) creatures in the ritual above

Warning: Option 2 is the definition of precision. No mistakes are tolerated. Either both goals are achieved, or no score is given. This option is awarded with 145 points. (100 max + 45 extra = 15 points added to final score) It is important that you check out stat updates if you're to go for the risky way.[/log]

[hr]

That being said, you have 1 week to get ready. Round 3 begins on Oct 10th and ends on Oct 25th, 00:00 server time.

Edited by Myth

1 day and almost 12 hours are left of Round 2!

My activity will suffer until 20:00 server time, both today and tomorrow, due to work related issues. After 20:00, I'll be on until the end of each day.

2 of you have completed this round, so far.

Due to unforeseen circumstances (power outage) I couldn't be around last night as promised. I'm pushing all dates by one day, thus prolonging the duration of round 2. Dates are now as follows:

[...]

4. Oct 3rd - Oct 10th
- round 3 target details are (already have been) made public
- round 2 takes place
5. Oct 11th - Oct 26th
- round 3 takes place (2 days added because 12th and 24th are Days of Tranquility)
6. Oct 27th - Nov 2nd
- scoring
7. Nov 3rd - Nov 9th
- prize distribution

Round 2 ends tomorrow night (Oct 10th) at 23:59 ST.

Edited by Myth

Round 2 has ended!

[hr]

Round 3 has begun!

As before, Myth will be stationed at Meeting of the Roads. Give him a nudge if he's around but daydreaming. :P If that doesn't work, try Asthir - usually hangs around the Gazebo.

Round 3 details are 3 posts up. (2nd post on the 2nd page)

[hr]

(apologies for not being very precise when posting this message :p)