A Christmas present

It's Christmas time and the exchange of presents is one of the core aspects of celebrating it.

In the above spirit, I have made a small clickable quest for this holiday. All you need to do is visit Loreroot Hidden Exit and ask for your Christmas present. It's that simple.

Well, not really. You will need to do a little work before getting you present, because something seems to have gone terribly wrong.

The clickables involved in this quest are scattered around No Man's Land, Marind Bell, Loreroot, Golemus, MD Archives and the Lands of the East.

The player who finishes the quest in the least amount of time wins. Starting time only matters in case of a tie; the player that begins the quest earlier wins the tie.

Rewards:

First place: A gold coin and a Santa (from the TKs).

Second place: Seven silver coins (from the TKs) and a Mirrorritual stone (from me).

Third place: Three silver coins (from the TKs).

The quest will run until the end of Wednesday, 4 January 2017 Sunday, 8 January.

Edited by Valoryn
Added rewards and extended the quest for a few days.

I have already contacted the TKs for sponsorship; I did so only yesterday though, when I was certain the quest could run without problems, so it might take them some time to respond, due to it being holiday time.

Further sponsorship is more than welcome. :)

The original post has been updated with the rewards for first, second and third place.

The quest is going to be extended until the end of this weekend (end of Sunday, 8 January) as well, because I will be away around the time when I will need to disable it tonight.

This will be a good opportunity for players that have already begun the quest to have some time more in order to finish it and for those who haven't given it a try yet to do so.

The quest has ended and I have the results in my possession.

There were nine people in total that tried this small quest. Among them, only one finished it and wins the rewards for first place: dst.

Congratulations, dst, and thank you to all participants. :)

The results in detail:

Spoiler

Results:

Name: dst - ID: 17096 - Current stage: 3 - Time spent: 8899
Name: Edgra - ID: 178277 - Current stage: 0 - Time spent: 0
Name: Faceless Noob - ID: 239477 - Current stage: 1 - Time spent: 169
Name: *Eagle Eye* - ID: 180715 - Current stage: 1 - Time spent: 176
Name: Clock Master - ID: 105889 - Current stage: 1 - Time spent: 93
Name: Leixer - ID: 47063 - Current stage: 1 - Time spent: 304
Name: *Nimrodel* - ID: 131999 - Current stage: 1 - Time spent: 1008
Name: *Miq* - ID: 178623 - Current stage: 1 - Time spent: 100
Name: *Aethon* - ID: 254077 - Current stage: 1 - Time spent: 82

Clues found:

Name: dst - ID: 17096 - Clues: 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
Name: Edgra - ID: 178277 - Clues: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Name: Faceless Noob - ID: 239477 - Clues: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Name: *Eagle Eye* - ID: 180715 - Clues: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Name: Clock Master - ID: 105889 - Clues: 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0
Name: Leixer - ID: 47063 - Clues: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Name: *Nimrodel* - ID: 131999 - Clues: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0
Name: *Miq* - ID: 178623 - Clues: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0
Name: *Aethon* - ID: 254077 - Clues: 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 1

The clues and the solution to the puzzle:

Spoiler

The right order to stroke the strings, in order to unlock the box, was:

E-F-E-C-F-E-F-D-B-F-D-G or 3-4-3-1-4-3-4-2-7-4-2-5

and the full story is below:

Lonely Roundabout 3

A certain hunter used to chase wild beasts with a hunting dog, which was dear to him. One day, he came upon a cave and, inside it, he found

~~ VI ~~

Inside the Drachorn Lair - 4

a hollow full of bees' honey. So, he took a water-skin he had with him, filled it with honey and, throwing it over his shoulder, carried it

~~ III ~~

Ash Arch - 3

to the city. And there in the town that he entered, he saw an oil seller. He went into that stall and offered his honey for sale. Perhaps an

~~ V ~~

Marind Roundabout - 1

exchange for some oil? And the oil seller was intrigued. Then the hunter emptied the honey out of the skin, so that the oil seller can see it,

~~ VII ~~

Statue Hall Door - 4

and in the act a drop fell to the ground. Some flies buzzed, swarming around the honey. And as they swarmed there, some birds flew down

~~ V ~~

MDA Alley - 3

to peck and eat the insects. But as the birds flew, darting among those insects, the cat that belonged to the oil seller leapt upon a bird and

~~ II ~~

Siege Crest - 4

killed it. And as the cat leapt upon the bird, the hound of the hunter leapt forward and killed the cat. The oil seller, full of fury, kicked the

~~ IV ~~

Gazebo of Equilibrium - 2

hound so hard that the hound was killed. The hunter drew his hunting knife and plunged it into the chest of that oil seller. Those who were

~~ VII ~~

Alche's Alley - 7

outside the stall came rushing in. They beat that foreigner to death. Word reached the people in the hunter’s own land of his murder. They

~~ IV ~~

Borderview Tower - 4

sent people from his village over the border and they killed many of the men of that town. When the King of that land heard about this sortie,

~~ VI ~~

Sage's Keep (exterior) - 2

he gathered a great army and waged war against his neighbour. And the kingdom retaliated. Wars raged for many years. And wars have

~~ VII ~~

Clash of Ages - 5

raged for many years since that time: two great enemies those neighbouring lands. And all because of one drop of honey.

~~ III ~~

I would like to give my reward to the person with the next score. Or if they don't want it, keep it for the next quest.

I participated not for the win but for the "pain" that usually Val's quest bring and from time to time I am a masochist.

Thank you Val for making my MD Christmas special!

Edited by dst