New shop Item

Laz

I would like to recommend an shop Item that subtracts either 1,2,5,or 10 million xp. and allow 50 of them in the shop under permanent items. this would allow every one who ends up maxed to reduce there xp enough to keep playing. even if they need to get free credits to do so. and eliminates all requests for xp resets.

I would disagree. For 2 reasons.

1) If the xp reduction was only 1 million it would not really leavethat much room to grow befor another was needed. unless the negative xp bug is left.. but in that case not having it penalizes peopel that did not exploit the bug. where peoplem who did exploit the bug are still leveling creatures

2) As I understand it it will still be months befor mp6 is open. if 50 1 mill reductions were in the shop that would be only 25 -50 active days as most mp5 peopele I know can earn 1million or more xp a day. So even if fully used it would still only allow game play for 1/3 -1/2 of the time befor the next chapter opens and it would generate as much as $50 per mp5 player. possibly $100 if they have not used there reset.

The ability to keep increasting creatures and plaing instead of siting is important. of course continuous head contest or similer activity that does not count xp could take the place of normal play. or even if people could level creatures evenif they could oot get new stats and xp for themselves while maxed would be an improvement.

then I must have misunderstood the point of the recent contest. Didn't Manu bascially tell peopelwho had not yet maxed to use the bug to avoid maxing so they could keep leveling?

As a result the only peopel maxed are ones that have not exploited the bug in the past and are not now.

While those that are exploiting the bug can keep gathering stats.

as I said I do not mind the not being able to level stats but not even being able to level creatures means there is no reason to play.

-Sean

I am still trying to discover how to reduce XP. I'm told I can do it with the loreroot guards, but have never managed it.

As Caylx I max-xp at about 180,000 with approx 60 wins and 54 losses. After that I could not get any xp or upgrades for my creatures. My last 40 wins were truly craven, just slaughtering everything I saw so I could get to MP4. It was all meaningless, boring, and taught me nothing. All the MP4's and MP5's I talked to said, "just do it and get it over with." Having to do this goes against all the principles that are the foundation of the game. It's the sort of thing that keeps me from playing other PvP games.

Last night my secondary character, Siala Lone Wolf, max-xp at 133,00 and only 34 wins and 36 losses. Is she stuck, too? She does not yet have a creature that can damage the loreroot guards so I don't know if there is anyway for this character to reduce her xp. --Am I being punished for having learned too well?

I don't understand why the max xp notice occurred at two such very different values.

I don't see why mp3's should have such a low artificial cap placed on them. If I have reached a level of understanding that I am no longer allowed to advance, then let me move to the next level. Why should I even bother to collect another 60 wins simply to satisfy the 100 win requirement. The whole thing is really badly designed.

As for MP3's lowering XP: Is is truly possible? I've gotten hints and suggestions from several MP4's and MP5's, but nothing has worked for either Calyx or Siala. My frustration level is going through the roof.

Calyx iv answered your message via pm as you messaged me as well

Thanks. It was only after I posted that I saw Mur had fixed the bug and only MP5 are allowed to lower XP at present.

I still say the system is poorly designed in that [a] I maxed xp at two very different values 180k and 133k and I maxed out at a mere 34 wins. I have to go another 66 wins without being able to upgrade any of my creatures except for one egg that has yet to hatch.

I still say the system is poorly designed in that [a] I maxed xp at two very different values 180k and 133k and I maxed out at a mere 34 wins. I have to go another 66 wins without being able to upgrade any of my creatures except for one egg that has yet to hatch.

Which xp values are you referring to? There is the total creature xp (available by clicking on player names in the navigation page) and the 'real' total xp (available in the MD Shop page). The game only looks at the latter value when determining xp limits and advancing MP levels.

I agree that the xp limit is quite low compared to the target number of wins for MP3, even if you haven't learned a lot about the game and just fooling around. However, I don't agree that you get punished because you've learned too much. You might get punished for having learned some, but if you have really learned about all there is to know, you will know how to play best in this situation without frustrating yourself. ;)

Which xp values are you referring to? There is the total creature xp (available by clicking on player names in the navigation page) and the 'real' total xp (available in the MD Shop page). The game only looks at the latter value when determining xp limits and advancing MP levels.

You know, I should have observed that the two values were different. In the MD store my XP shows as 285610, more than twice the 133k accumulated by my creatures. Thank you for getting me to look more closely.

... I don't agree that you get punished because you've learned too much. You might get punished for having learned some, but if you have really learned about all there is to know, you will know how to play best in this situation without frustrating yourself. ;)

There are several ways of proceeding without frustration. I suspect you have something more specific in mind. Would you mind giving me a hint or being more explicit, either here or in a PM?

I would like to recommend an shop Item that subtracts either 1,2,5,or 10 million xp. and allow 50 of them in the shop under permanent items. this would allow every one who ends up maxed to reduce there xp enough to keep playing. even if they need to get free credits to do so. and eliminates all requests for xp resets.

Laz, that item ... maybe it will be introduced, but it will no longer be useful.

then I must have misunderstood the point of the recent contest. Didn't Manu bascially tell peopelwho had not yet maxed to use the bug to avoid maxing so they could keep leveling?

As a result the only peopel maxed are ones that have not exploited the bug in the past and are not now.

While those that are exploiting the bug can keep gathering stats.

The whole point of the contest was to see if it's possible or not to reach 0 exp. IT IS POSSIBLE.

As for MAX LIMIT ... well, we found (after the contest) that it is possible to lower the stats.

Also, from what I understood ... the regeneration has no bug, it was intended to help player not to reach max exp. That is why he removed this possibility from MP3 and MP4 (imagine an MP3 with chaos archers and 500 attack LOL ).

the recent contest was to tell people that they could lower their exp. this is harder than just getting it lowered as you have to work for the negitive exp. yes it is not fair on the ones at max but most of these players have already had a few resets.

Don't worry, there will be no need for more resets.

Also the negative exp is related only to how badly ( read fast) do you want to lose exp

and it's not mandatory

Also as a personal request :

DO NOT ATTACK USING REGENERATION WITHOUT ASKING FIRST.

Nobody wants to lose the exp from their creature ;)

Laz, that item ... maybe it will be introduced, but it will no longer be useful.

The whole point of the contest was to see if it's possible or not to reach 0 exp. IT IS POSSIBLE.

As for MAX LIMIT ... well, we found (after the contest) that it is possible to lower the stats.

Also, from what I understood ... the regeneration has no bug, it was intended to help player not to reach max exp. That is why he removed this possibility from MP3 and MP4 (imagine an MP3 with chaos archers and 500 attack LOL ).

Don't worry, there will be no need for more resets.

Also the negative exp is related only to how badly ( read fast) do you want to lose exp

and it's not mandatory

Also as a personal request :

DO NOT ATTACK USING REGENERATION WITHOUT ASKING FIRST.

Nobody wants to lose the exp from their creature ;)

AMIN ;)